How are you feeling right now? MKIII

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    You want to hear me rant like I could go on forever? I need someone to talk to, maybe someone with some experience and older than me who may actually understand what I'm going through.

I mean, it won't hurt to try. Fire away if you must

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    :hugs:

I feel the pain S, I really do.

It's mostly school Sean I would say, what we discussed last week (sorry for not replying to your VM) I shut them off for a reason I guess, it's to do with that as I feel confused and angry at the same time. Sometimes I feel like there is no point me doing anything because either I mess things up or people say that I'm being stuck up for actually believing I could achieve decent grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    Sending lots of hugs your way!
    Don't let anybody ever tell you or make you feel like you're not good enough. :hugs:
    I was going to say something similar, thank you Mocha

Rhythmical You are always good enough for anything you want to do!

Freaking out. need to calm down and go to bed.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Rhythmical sorry that i have nothing constructive to say other than i hope you feel better soon, hope that wasnt patronising :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    Sending lots of hugs your way!
    Don't let anybody ever tell you or make you feel like you're not good enough. :hugs:
    I try not to, but I've become so sensitive and vulnerable and most of the time it's people in class because when I say I could achieve decent grades they say I'm being stuck up and I guess school is pushing me into do an English degree when I really don't want to and applications for ucas have began and I don't want to apply this year

(Original post by RobML)
    I mean, it won't hurt to try. Fire away if you must
    This will kinda be long lol, just warning you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ras' Al Ghul)
    This is in reference to my new thread lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bumped your thread

ReputationRep:
    Insanely hyped beyond belief. About to witness greatness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    What's the excitement about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    I was going to say something similar, thank you Mocha

Rhythmical You are always good enough for anything you want to do!
    I think I am good enough, the problem is though people always assume I'm big headed if I believe in myself.

(Original post by Salamandastron)
    Freaking out. need to calm down and go to bed.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Rhythmical sorry that i have nothing constructive to say other than i hope you feel better soon, hope that wasnt patronising :hugs:
    Aww you weren't patronising in any way :hugs: you're so lovely and I feel bad for stealing the thread

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Biggest game in NBA history in 30 minutes!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Game 7 NBA Finals bro...

ReputationRep:
    I am starting to genuinely feel sick lol

Aww you weren't patronising in any way :hugs: you're so lovely and I feel bad for stealing the thread
    Awww hun :hugs: well i just find that when people say stuff like 'hope you will be ok' idk how to take it but i mean it genuinly :lovehug:
    sshhh dont be silly :slap: this thread is for everyone and those in the most need :lovehug:

night night (i will acc go at some point ) xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    I know how you feel lol, I never thought I could feel this way about a single game before.

ReputationRep:
    This will kinda be long lol, just warning you
    I don't mind as long as it helps

I try not to, but I've become so sensitive and vulnerable and most of the time it's people in class because when I say I could achieve decent grades they say I'm being stuck up and I guess school is pushing me into do an English degree when I really don't want to and applications for ucas have began and I don't want to apply this year
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with being confident! Telling yourself you'll get decent grades is actually admirable considering how insecure people tend to be nowadays regarding their studies. I've found it's rare that there are people out there who say "yknow, what? I'm gonna ace this subject!" so keep it up!
    If your teachers are pushing you to apply for something you don't want to, please try and find a senior staff member who will be able to help. In no way, shape or form should they ever stop you from doing what you want to do. There's nothing wrong with wanting to defer your uni entry. Have you spoken to your parents about the pressure teachers are putting on you? Maybe they could ring up and have a chat with your school?

ReputationRep:
    Biggest game in NBA history in 30 minutes!
    :woo: I'm excited for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    I don't know about you but as a Cavs fan I feel confident and also like an underdog at the same time... it's a really weird feeling lol. I just don't know what to expect.

:woo: I'm excited for you.
    Thanks buddy Feel free to pop into our thread at any time, it'll probably be constantly at the top for the next 2 hours!

ReputationRep:
    X
    Have one of these :hugs:, remember that you're amazing and take no notice of your detractors

ReputationRep:
    It's mostly school Sean I would say, what we discussed last week (sorry for not replying to your VM) I shut them off for a reason I guess, it's to do with that as I feel confused and angry at the same time. Sometimes I feel like there is no point me doing anything because either I mess things up or people say that I'm being stuck up for actually believing I could achieve decent grades.
    Some people in this world are absolute *******s. I could go for the clichéd 'they're the ones that you have to prove wrong' but I would just say - **** them. If someone tells you that you're not going to achieve what you want to then they can clear off.

I mess things up to - I know how you feel. It can leave you full of regret or perpetually face palming or cause you to want to give up. I get that. But mistakes are the things that you learn best from, not when you get things right, and if you focus on the now rather than the present or the future (to some extent) and don't give up/just keep moving, the brokenness/emptiness feels like it isn't there, most of the time. Even if no one else will, I do believe in you.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.