Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.25%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.56%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.19%

ReputationRep:
    They got rid of battery saver mode!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    I thought you get 500 xp per evolution so if a lucky egg is used you'll get 1k xp not 2k
    They said new evolutions. You get 500xp per evolution and another 500xp for registering a new Pokemon. So they're evolving Pokemon into evolutions they have not registered yet so that's 2k xp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    I've still yet to come across a 10km egg. I've seen plenty of 5km + 2km eggs. :bawling: I'm lvl9 btw. wbu?
    That's annoying! I've only found those two I always seem to get 5km ones! Cool, I'm level 18

ReputationRep:
    I presume there isn't a way to ditch lucky eggs? I've been hatching my 2k and trying to hatch my 10k but now I've picked up loads of 5k egg which ideally I'd get rid of for more 2k/10k eggs..

ReputationRep:
    Just won my first battle for #TeamInstinct
    Kholmes1 george_c00per :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    They got rid of battery saver mode!
    Can't say I'm gonna miss it. Whenever I used it, it froze my screen all the time...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    They said new evolutions. You get 500xp per evolution and another 500xp for registering a new Pokemon. So they're evolving Pokemon into evolutions they have not registered yet so that's 2k xp.
    Ty pal.

(Original post by Zerforax)
    I presume there isn't a way to ditch lucky eggs? I've been hatching my 2k and trying to hatch my 10k but now I've picked up loads of 5k egg which ideally I'd get rid of for more 2k/10k eggs..
    Nope, you can't get rid of 5k eggs. I wouldn't get rid of them anyways if I were you, that's where you're going to get most of your strong Pokemon from - note that Nidoran (M/F), Ghastly, Growlithe, Abra and the region exclusive Pokemon all hatch from 5k eggs. Considering Nidoking/queen, Gengar, Arcanine and Alakazam are some of the most powerful Pokemon, those 5k eggs are gonna be very important in those getting those evolutions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    Ty pal.

Nope, you can't get rid of 5k eggs. I wouldn't get rid of them anyways if I were you, that's where you're going to get most of your strong Pokemon from - note that Nidoran (M/F), Ghastly, Growlithe, Abra and the region exclusive Pokemon all hatch from 5k eggs. Considering Nidoking/queen, Gengar, Arcanine and Alakazam are some of the most powerful Pokemon, those 5k eggs are gonna be very important in those getting those evolutions.
    Well I'm currently level 9 and I don't plan to consider a team until I catch up with people around level 20? Just if I hatch 2k eggs then I can get a lot of candies for the common pokemon I plan to evolve with my lucky egg.

Had a google after my post and people seem to think that the strength of the hatched eggs is based on when you collected the egg rather than when you hatch it (so if you collected a 5k egg after a few days but you hatch it at level 20, it will be what level you were when you collected so the CP could still be very low).

ReputationRep:
    Has anyones Pokemon Go reset after updating the app?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Well I'm currently level 9 and I don't plan to consider a team until I catch up with people around level 20? Just if I hatch 2k eggs then I can get a lot of candies for the common pokemon I plan to evolve with my lucky egg.

Had a google after my post and people seem to think that the strength of the hatched eggs is based on when you collected the egg rather than when you hatch it (so if you collected a 5k egg after a few days but you hatch it at level 20, it will be what level you were when you collected so the CP could still be very low).
    Yeah, their CP is based on the level you collected the egg at. While those 2k eggs will give you candy for the common Pokemon, you don't want to be hatching those 5k eggs 11 levels later and getting cp 300 Pokemon .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Has anyones Pokemon Go reset after updating the app?
    Seen it happen to a few people. Double check that it's not logging you into a second google account that you might have. I know one person who had to start from scratch though, which sucks.

ReputationRep:
    There's a Poliwrath on my nearby list right now, but no Pokemon have never spawned within a 300m or so radius of my house. Yesterday a Vulpix was on my nearby for the entire duration of my 3km walk to work. If that's the sort of area i'm supposed to pinpoint these Pokemon in with no tracking system then I stand no freakin' chance.

ReputationRep:
    Quite happy with today's find. =)
    Was out walking my dog today and managed to find a hitmonlee. Not particularly high with a cp of only 200 and something but still.

That and just reached level 12 today. Have a 10km egg incubating and all my others are 5km eggs.
    Prefer 2km eggs but, hoping of some good ones. Last 5 egg gave me a ponyta. Unfortunately my highest cp pokemon is a pidgeot (648) which I evolved from a 197cp pidgy. =(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Quite happy with today's find. =)
    Was out walking my dog today and managed to find a hitmonlee. Not particularly high with a cp of only 200 and something but still.

That and just reached level 12 today. Have a 10km egg incubating and all my others are 5km eggs.
    Prefer 2km eggs but, hoping of some good ones. Last 5 egg gave me a ponyta. Unfortunately my highest cp pokemon is a pidgeot (648) which I evolved from a 197cp pidgy. =(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't knock the pigeots - put my 814cp pigeot on a gym at 6pm last night - it has only just been sent back to me (although that might also be because this gym is in the middle of the common and not accessible by car and it has been piddling it down since yesterday!)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where to find magnemite, grimer, farfetchd, tauros, porygon, snorlax and abra?

Lol thank uuuuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GothicShield)
    Does anyone know where to find magnemite, grimer, farfetchd, tauros, porygon, snorlax and abra?

Lol thank uuuuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found my magnemite by a station :dontknow:
    if any1 knows where to find a snorlax
    tell me pls :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Lol thank uuuuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are several websites which show you areas where certain Pokemon can be found but I personally don't use them. I use Pokefind and it comes with a CP calculator as well for any evolutions you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Although personally I don't use the map. I prefer to go by luck and see if I can find anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Lol thank uuuuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Farfetch'd - Asia. * (or an egg)

ReputationRep:
    Since Pokevision is gone, 'Trackemon.com' is a good alternative

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.