The I-SOC (Islamic Society) XIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Someone's post from fb

Please remember our Brothers & Sisters in Aleppo, Syria who are besieged and really suffering right now. Make Dua Allah finds a way out for them, gives them patience, Unites and gives victory to those fighting to liberate them from the siege! Ameen.
    Keep them in your duas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Zamestaneh is Ameer Al ISOC. I support his democratically elected rule.

Don't be trying any coups TMG :naughty:
    Man haz the urge to purge, ygm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    Don't quote islamqa in here
    Whom do you consider a reliable scholar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Whom do you consider a reliable scholar?
    Plenty. Just not salafi scholars when the vast majority of people here aren't Salafi's anyway.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Someone's post from fb

Keep them in your duas.
    Narai takbir!!

May Allah grant the Muslims victory.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    Plenty. Just not salafi scholars when the vast majority of people here aren't Salafi's anyway.
    Could you give some names, please.

The majority of the ISOC have never objected to taking rulings from IslamQA generally (instead actively using them), so I find your objection to be somewhat peculiar... It is also worth mentioning that although a number of the ISOC members have differing madhabs and may not all personally label themselves as Salafi, there is general acceptance and leanings towards their aims and principles from these same users, and thus you would find that many here accept IslamQA as a valid and reliable source of rulings even if say they were raised within the Hanafi madhab, for example; several of us would also personally label ourselves as Salafi leaning anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlifunArnab)
    Narai takbir!!

May Allah grant the Muslims victory.
    Allahu Akbar!

Spoiler:
    Show
    inb4reported2prevent

Ameen.

ReputationRep:
    Allahu Akbar!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    inb4reported2prevent

Ameen.

Lool.

We're British moderate Muslims so we have nothing to fear.

ReputationRep:
    Lool.

We're British moderate Muslims so we have nothing to fear.

True. I love a good pint me.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Pint of Milk

ReputationRep:
    Abu Haneefah said:

"Adhere to the athar (narration) and the tareeqah (way) of the Salaf (Pious Predecessors) and beware of newly invented matters for all of it is innovation."

(Reported by As-Suyootee in Sawn al Mantaq wal-Kalaam p.32)

ReputationRep:
    True. I love a good pint me.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Pint of Milk
    That's the spirit m8!

On a serious note though, Alhamdulillah for those who defend the oppressed, wherever they may be.

ReputationRep:
    That's the spirit m8!

On a serious note though, Alhamdulillah for those who defend the oppressed, wherever they may be.
    Yes very true. May Allah help them in their struggle against the tyrants.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, let's just stop the arguments. Salafi, Sunni, Shia, Sufi. etc. as far as this thread is concerned.

There is no way anyone will come to a reasoned and fair debate on the issue, given the numbers, sides, and such.

Let's just forgo a debate on 'names' we give ourselves, and occupy ourselves with loving one another, finding points which we agree on, rather points we disagree on.

We all love Allah azwj, and we love his Prophet, Muhammed s.a.w more than our own mothers and fathers. Let that be the centre we all gravitate around.

Let's make this thread a place where people can obtain knowledge, closeness to Allah azwj, and closeness to his Messenger s.a.w.

Anyone who seeks a path of discord, fitnah, debate, hatred, i leave their judgement on Allah azwj.

ReputationRep:
    Man haz the urge to purge, ygm

Don't get perm banned again, Supreme Leader

ReputationRep:
    Could you give some names, please.

The majority of the ISOC have never objected to taking rulings from IslamQA generally (instead actively using them), so I find your objection to be somewhat peculiar... It is also worth mentioning that although a number of the ISOC members have differing madhabs and may not all personally label themselves as Salafi, there is general acceptance and leanings towards their aims and principles from these same users, and thus you would find that many here accept IslamQA as a valid and reliable source of rulings even if say they were raised within the Hanafi madhab, for example; several of us would also personally label ourselves as Salafi leaning anyway.
    I should make it clear that I am a Hanafi and do not associate myself to the 'Salafi' methodology. With regards to IslamQA I don't really use it but if anyone does then that is not a problem with me, so long as they accept their are valid differences of opinion on issues which people differ in.

So yeah... I have nothing against salafis but I am not one myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_ahmed2)
    I should make it clear that I am a Hanafi and do not associate myself to the 'Salafi' methodology. With regards to IslamQA I don't really use it but if anyone does then that is not a problem with me, so long as they accept their are valid differences of opinion on issues which people differ in.

That's fine I didn't mean all of us are Salafi but like no one here is really fussed/objects to Salafi things (e.g. Islamqa) being posted - there are quite a few Deobandis (and others) here too :beard:

ReputationRep:
    That's fine I didn't mean all of us are Salafi but like no one here is really fussed/objects to Salafi things (e.g. Islamqa) being posted - there are quite a few Deobandis (and others) here too :beard:
    Yep, all is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_ahmed2)

+1 👍

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.