Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
username130457
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
What's the point? I want to give up. I've had enough. I can't help anyone - I just make things worse instead. If people don't hate me then they should do. I should go.
Don't go! I don't know you properly yet but you seem like a great person and your personality is sparkling .
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Lots of hugs for you becki :hugs:. We would all miss you if you went :hugs:.

I'm appalled at how unmotivated I have been lately. It's done nothing but perpetuate how rubbish I feel.

I haven't been out in weeks.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We don't hate you becki, you're a lovely person. Don't go. :hugs:
upturnedpalms
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Lots of hugs for you becki :hugs:. We would all miss you if you went :hugs:.

I'm appalled at how unmotivated I have been lately. It's done nothing but perpetuate how rubbish I feel.

I haven't been out in weeks.
I've haven't been out since I got back from my trip. I don't think I can.

Stay, Becki. Please.
username130457
Report 10 years ago
I've not been out either. I just don't have the will . Don't know why...
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry about before. I felt bad for being so negative but Hannah has been lovely and persuaded me it's ok to post in here. I'm struggling a lot tonight. I don't know how to cope.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry about before. I felt bad for being so negative but Hannah has been lovely and persuaded me it's ok to post in here. I'm struggling a lot tonight. I don't know how to cope.
It's always okay to post in here. You're allowed to be negative sometimes, especially with what you're going through at the moment, and even someone who didn't have depression would be struggling in your position. It does not make you weak or unworthy. You cope by talking to people, by having people around you that care about you, and by being, as you always are, strong. :hugs: I know it's hard, but we can try and help you in any way we can.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks Hannah :hugs: and everyone else for your messages before.

I just don't know what to do. I'm finding it so so hard not to hurt myself but I don't want to spoil how far I've come. It's so hard though.
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Been an emotional few days. It was a year ago my best friends brother died in a tragic accident and i worked with his girlfriend. Ex. Don't know what to call her. But it was tough.
Home is tough to. Been exercising a lot. Need to lose weight.

:hugs: becki we'd all miss you! I am thinking of you all. Sorry for not being here for you all, but you are all in my thoughts xx
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks Hannah :hugs: and everyone else for your messages before.

I just don't know what to do. I'm finding it so so hard not to hurt myself but I don't want to spoil how far I've come. It's so hard though.
Just think about how well you've done. You would go back to square one, you'll have lost what you achieved and you'll feel awful. Don't do it.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm trying.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm trying.
I know you are, and I know it's not as easy as I'm making it out to be. You're talking to a long term self-harmer here. But you've just done so well, and I just think it would be a waste of a lot of hard work if you were to give in now. :hugs:

Do something, distract yourself, watch a DVD, read, so the rubber band thing or the ice thing if you absolutely have to.
username130457
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
I know you are, and I know it's not as easy as I'm making it out to be. You're talking to a long term self-harmer here. But you've just done so well, and I just think it would be a waste of a lot of hard work if you were to give in now. :hugs:

Do something, distract yourself, watch a DVD, read, so the rubber band thing or the ice thing if you absolutely have to.
Tell me more about this please...
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*huggles Hannah* :hugs: I'm busying myself on TSR and I'm talking to people on another forum (though I'm not sure that's helping :/ ) I should probably go to bed soon because I'm going round my friends house tomorrow to been in her room one last time and to talk to her mum about the funeral. I'm not sure how I'm going to cope but i want to do it.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*huggles Hannah* :hugs: I'm busying myself on TSR and I'm talking to people on another forum (though I'm not sure that's helping :/ ) I should probably go to bed soon because I'm going round my friends house tomorrow to been in her room one last time and to talk to her mum about the funeral. I'm not sure how I'm going to cope but i want to do it.
Good for you. I think that's important.

Sleep is good, get some sleep, it might help you feel better and at least it will keep you safe :hugs: Talk soon.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ramadulla)
Tell me more about this please...
Okay, I'm not condoning this. But for some self harmers, when they feel they absolutely have to cut, it can help to have diversionary tactics. Some people snap rubber bands on their wrists, some squeeze ice cubes... basically ways of feeling pain without leaving marks.
bansheeee*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i hate the world and everyone in it..i wish i was a cat
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Morning everyone. I'm ever so sorry for last night. I got in a bit of a state. I'm feeling much calmer this morning. I just went round my friend's house and sat in her room with her mum and had a good chat. She gave me her teddy to keep. I think I may go back to bed now because I'm quite sleepy from my tablets but just to let you all know I'm ok and thanks and sorry for last night. :hugs: for all xxxxxx
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
becki, :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi everyone. Becki I'm so glad you did that hun :hugs: it takes a lot to manage to do that and I'm so proud of you for being so strong!

Welcome new people! :hugs: Well done for having the courage to post in here. It's not an easy thing to do, I know, but I'm so glad I did!

I've read everyone's posts and now I've forgotten what you've all said so I can't comment

I'm feeling a bit down today. Trying to get some of my friends to come out for The Boy's leaving do seeing as I won't know any of his friends, but nearly everyone on the Facebook event has said 'not attending' or 'maybe attending' and it just hurts because it makes me feel like people don't want to spend time with me. Feel kinda hurt and numb at the same time. I know people may have other plans/be on holiday, but it would be nice if they explained that!

Really need to tidy my desk but I just don't have places for everything. Gah, I'll try to tidy it now! Will stick on some music and see what happens!

:hugs: to all
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads