Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Das Leben der Anderen must be one of the worst, most self-indulgent films I've ever wasted my time on. Seriously, yes you're getting spied on, you're under a highly oppressive government, what do you expect? Duh.

I like the sound of Die Edukators muchly though, I'm hoping they have it kicking around the MML Dept.
    Die Untergang is also a great film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    Die Untergang is also a great film
    With this one I agree - have you seen Conspiracy? It's a dramatisation of the planning meeting for the 'final solution' - grim but gripping stuff. I think it was originally made for the BBC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Hmmm, I'm not convinced (yet). While I think there may be another movie in the future, there's nothing about it on any reputable sources - imdb is blank, & the speculation on the disney site ends in 2006... Did the article source itself?
    Oh no :eek: Please tell me that this isn't just a rumour I don't know much about the article to be honest- I just got a very excited text from a friend who is at uni in Bristol

ReputationRep:
    Ah, okay, I've had another look & I think I know what's going on here - while there's been no production of POTC 4 as such, Johnny Depp has offically signed on to act in it. Which, given he's the most crucial character by far, is pretty much the same thing as announcing POTC 4. But we may have to wait a while...

Now, to the opticians! (not even a joke, although aptly timed methinks)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJoll)
    We have..erm..some fields..a road..oh yeah, and Cambridge is only a (quite) short ride away.
    Oh, shut up. :pig2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Das Leben der Anderen must be one of the worst, most self-indulgent films I've ever wasted my time on. Seriously, yes you're getting spied on, you're under a highly oppressive government, what do you expect? Duh.

I like the sound of Die Edukators muchly though, I'm hoping they have it kicking around the MML Dept.
    I like it :getmecoat:

I'm sure they will have it, but I'll be bringing mine with me so you're welcome to borrow it if you like :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    With this one I agree - have you seen Conspiracy? It's a dramatisation of the planning meeting for the 'final solution' - grim but gripping stuff. I think it was originally made for the BBC.
    No I haven't, but I will download, hum rent a copy...:p:

As for POTC, last year, I spent a month baby sitting a five year old kid in Spain who made me watch 7 times in a week the first two films... That put me off POCT for a while...

ReputationRep:
    my packing has now extended to filling a jar with mint imperials :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    Lauuuura, i'm not going till tomorrow, which is a good thing as my dad's car is still in the garage even tho they said it would be ready last night and i'm not packed, well if i took everything that is currently packed i would have no clothes, how ever i would be able to wear multiple different shoes with my dressing gown :love: so yer, also my work book isn't done and i've not mounted my photos that i've been meaning to do all summer oopsy

and shopping :love: in a way i think it's quite a good thing that the best shop in my town is a dorethy perkins, as otherwise i'd be pennyless i feel! god knows how i'm going to deal with my H&M addiction in Cam
    Oh, ok. I would love to see you wlkaing around Cam in a dressing gown and fancy shoes!! :cool:
    Hmm, where on earth do you live then?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauuuura)
    Oh, ok. I would love to see you wlkaing around Cam in a dressing gown and fancy shoes!! :cool:
    Hmm, where on earth do you live then?!
    yes it would be good! and my dressing gown is bright pink :cool:

erm, pork pie land :yep: :o:

ReputationRep:
    See, to me that sounds so strange but absolutely lovely I live just outside Watford and used to live in London so I couldnt imagine living in a place that is so picturesque. To me, it would make holidays to Scotland or other places less special though. I'm intrigued about this weird stuff!
    I just tried to take a picture of my garden, but the sky's all grey sooo here's a photograph of a painting that someone did of the view from our front door. The photo's rubbish quality though. Imagine it all being bright bright green instead.

I've never been to the Scottish mountains. My parents love holidaying in the Ryrenees too, so I don't think it does make visiting other mountains any less special.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    yes it would be good! and my dressing gown is bright pink :cool:

erm, pork pie land :yep: :o:
    :cool: indeed! Mine is white with multi-coloured spots!

Ewww, can't say i like pork pies at all!! At least you'lll have plenty of lovely shops in Cambridge - not sure whether that's a good thing though! I really should have had a job over the summer!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarlumps.)
    I just tried to take a picture of my garden, but the sky's all grey sooo here's a photograph of a painting that someone did of the view from our front door. The photo's rubbish quality though. Imagine it all being bright bright green instead.

I've never been to the Scottish mountains. My parents love holidaying in the Ryrenees too, so I don't think it does make visiting other mountains any less special.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    That's is fliipin' beautiful! Certainly beats my views any day! Scotland is certainly beautiful though - we used to go skiing there when we were little but then a few years in a row there was no snow so we gave up and went to Canada again :love: Now that's what I call beautiful too
    I've never been to the Pyrenees, but they so seem lovely tooI'm guessing you meant the Pyrenees btw

As for Wales, I can't actually remember going. I went when I was still in my mum's tum, and apparently the hotel they were staying at was brand new, and when my dad opend the window, he found himself holding it :giggle: He always used to say that Wales was never quite finished, because of that incident, but then again, he was an 'eccentric' as my neighbours labelled him!

ReputationRep:
    :cool: indeed! Mine is white with multi-coloured spots!

Ewww, can't say i like pork pies at all!! At least you'lll have plenty of lovely shops in Cambridge - not sure whether that's a good thing though! I really should have had a job over the summer!:rolleyes:
    :eek: don't like pork pies!!! lol i love them, but the proper ones are the best :yep:

lol i really should have got a job too!!!

also my packing has moved on to piling up all of my clothes in the lounge

ReputationRep:

I've never been to the Pyrenees, but they so seem lovely tooI'm guessing you meant the Pyrenees btw
    They are!! Although honestly, I prefer the Alps. The problem with the Pyrénées, is that they're quite far south, so the snow isn't always great....
    But the landscapes (summer or winter) are just beautiful but i'm not saying that because im part french, right? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    They are!! Although honestly, I prefer the Alps. The problem with the Pyrénées, is that they're quite far south, so the snow isn't always great....
    But the landscapes (summer or winter) are just beautiful but i'm not saying that because im part french, right? :ninja:

nope you're not, i agree with everything you've just said :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I like it :getmecoat:

I'm sure they will have it, but I'll be bringing mine with me so you're welcome to borrow it if you like :yep:
    Sweet - I'm bring a selection of DVDs too, so same (although the only german ones I'm bringing are the afore-mentioned Der Schuh des Manitu & another one by the same directior, (T)raumschiff Surprise - i.e. total trash )

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody like House?

What "good movies" could anyone recommend... I'm going to my grandma's this week end... so I'm leaving my computer in "downloading mode"...

Any ideas?

Oh, btw, have any of you seen The ROcky Horror Picture Show?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarlumps.)
    I've never been to the Scottish mountains.
    This makes me sad We've even got one (well, a hill) in the middle of Edinburgh, so they're really not hard to find! Come up North, we have... haggis...
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    That's is fliipin' beautiful! Certainly beats my views any day! Scotland is certainly beautiful though - we used to go skiing there when we were little but then a few years in a row there was no snow so we gave up and went to Canada again :love: Now that's what I call beautiful too
    Apparently it was really good this year - I was in Austria, which is where I usually go skiing, but my mother can't be trusted to leave the country on her own, so went to Avimore instead. It was practically blizzard conditions at some points, she said (I don't know if that's a selling point or not tbh). Nevertheless, I can't really blame you for swapping Scotland for Canada; I would too :p: Uh-oh, I shouldn't have said that...

ReputationRep:
    What "good movies" could anyone recommend... I'm going to my grandma's this week end... so I'm leaving my computer in "downloading mode"...

Any ideas?

Oh, btw, have any of you seen The ROcky Horror Picture Show?
    YES. Awesomeness.

Also, you need to specifiy what sort of movies you're into, or I'll just give you a list of my fav movies, which may or may not be to your liking.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.