Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    NFC vs NFC!

Why not pick an AFC team... or how about an AFC North team... or just pick Baltimore to play, now that would be awesome!

I'll go watch it hopefully, should be a great game. I'll be a Bucs fan for the day as I cannot stand Jay Cuntler.

ReputationRep:
    When do the tickets usually go on sale? Will be my first game
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    When do the tickets usually go on sale? Will be my first game
    I'd guess not until they know if it is happening or not but maybe they'll sell them before that and just refund people? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Bucs to play Bears at Wembley this year (if the league goes live by 23/10). Great line up and will probably go watch.
    But one has to ask, are they trying to create a fan base for the BUCS over here?

(Original post by Scott129)
    Hmm, should be a good game. I had my fingers crossed that the Packers would come but I have a small soft spot for the Bears I'll probably go.
    I might go lol

(Original post by T-Hill)
    NFC vs NFC!

Why not pick an AFC team... or how about an AFC North team... or just pick Baltimore to play, now that would be awesome!

I'll go watch it hopefully, should be a great game. I'll be a Bucs fan for the day as I cannot stand Jay Cuntler.
    I want Packers, Colts (before manning retires), ravens, falcons.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Would really love to go but I don't think I can justify travelling down from Durham for one game :p:. Why can't they have it earlier :moon:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Would really love to go but I don't think I can justify travelling down from Durham for one game :p:. Why can't they have it earlier :moon:.
    Sure you can Only once a year too
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    Sure you can Only once a year too
    £55ish for return tickets, a 3hr journey each way + a hotel or something overnight and game tickets :beard:. It is kinda tempting :p:.

ReputationRep:
    £55ish for return tickets, a 3hr journey each way + a hotel or something overnight and game tickets :beard:. It is kinda tempting :p:.
    so the equation is...

train tickets + time + hotel + game tickets + food (probably) - BEST THING EVER = BEST THING EVER TOTALLY WORTH IT!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh the Bucs wish it had been the Jets but still one of my fav teams to see matches of

ReputationRep:
    One day we'll get the Lions over...

ReputationRep:
    49ers... chargers.. or raiders? I want to support a team from my favourite state in America... but I don't know which of those three? Help me pick!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg1989)
    Ahh the Bucs wish it had been the Jets but still one of my fav teams to see matches of
    I'm glad the jets didn't come. I would have had to throw things at them, hen get arrested

JK. Hate them, but would be fun to see.

(Original post by WharfedaleTiger)
    One day we'll get the Lions over...
    Eventually..... LOL

(Original post by jimbles)
    49ers... chargers.. or raiders? I want to support a team from my favourite state in America... but I don't know which of those three? Help me pick!!!
    We need some more info kid! Answer these questions:

1) Do you want a historical team, a newer team, an averagely old team, or don't care?
    2) Do you want a passing team, a running team, a defensive team or a balanced team?
    3) What is your favourite position?
    4) what are your favourite colours?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive?module=HP_cp3

schedule announcements!!!

Patriots have a completely middle of the pack schedule. not too hard or too easy either so it will test us but not wear us out.

This is gonna be a good year.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Eh, not a bad schedule for the Falcons.

Only one West Coast game and it is against the Seahawks so that's nice :p:

ReputationRep:
    Initial reaction to the schedule is that there are a lot of good match ups.
    Can't wait for Week 9 game: Packers @ Chargers.

I'm a SD fan but have a soft spot for the Packers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Chargers. Hands down.
    Never won the SB (but have won the AFL but that doesn't really count), - so you won't get accused of being a glory hunger.
    Do have a history and are one of the most fun team to watch.

But be warned. It is frustrating supporting them but why would you want it otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Based on the schedule I could see Ravens finishing with another 12-4 season.
    Couldn't ask for a better week 1 game, Steelers @ Ravens!

ReputationRep:
    The Saints at the Packers to kick off the season, that is going to be one hell of a match.

Obviously the Saints will be victorious but it should be a hard fought game of two quality offences, the defenses aren't bad either.

ReputationRep:
    Eh, not a bad schedule for the Falcons.

Only one West Coast game and it is against the Seahawks so that's nice :p:
    You might even get to the playoffs...the only downfall their is I've won as many playoff games as Matt Ryan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    I'm glad the jets didn't come. I would have had to throw things at them, hen get arrested

JK. Hate them, but would be fun to see.
    Must admit Rex predicting the superbowl every year is getting a bit old but I supported them before he arrived and they are still very entertaining if nothing else, that being said despite his playoff record I still have no faith in Sanchez at all lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.