POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
MrsCrackFox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed- if Osama Bin Laden was captured or killed by U.S. allies, an Al-Qaeda sleeper cell would detonate a "weapon of mass destruction" in a "secret location" in Europe, it would be "a nuclear hellstorm"

Hmmm.
Sadian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
appleseed
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
AQ are too decentralised for this to be anymore than a symbolic blow. A retaliation will come, it is now just a question of where, when and how severe it will be.
Miss Purple
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I bet he's not even dead. Theyve probably got him in a secret location 10miles below sea level or have flown him to mars where they're going to have their way with him. Didnt anyone watch 24 or prison break
username324561
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Z-Ninja)
Im not sure if this is true but i heard Saudi Arabia wanted his body, probably to bury him in an Islamic way..but were rejected, why is this?
Anywayz....Hes Not dead thats aload of BS.
I heard it the other way- the Saudi's were offered the body but refused.
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Go back to pre-GCSE level English classes.
You're a pure embarrassment.
You're stupid

(Original post by U.S Lecce)
Wow, your stupidity is impressive. I think you should be knighted for this level of commitment to your idiocy. Seriously mate you are one of a kind. Bravo.

:pierre:
Thank you both for those less than offensive/cliche' words. I really was expecting a massacre though. A for effort
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MrsCrackFox)
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed- if Osama Bin Laden was captured or killed by U.S. allies, an Al-Qaeda sleeper cell would detonate a "weapon of mass destruction" in a "secret location" in Europe, it would be "a nuclear hellstorm"

Hmmm.
Already discussed. If it were to happen it would have happened already.
Cast.Iron
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What I find convenient is the fact that:

a) He 'resisted' therefore allowing the special forces to shoot him not once, but twice in the head. This indicates not only a clear kill operation but also means that visually he would be impossible to identify. Sure, the US may say that they have confirmed his DNA but would they really release that kind of material to media agencies?

b) He was buried at sea. Now nobody will be able to get the body and confirm the kill other than the Americans who will claim whatever they want because they are the only ones in the loop.

We as every day people have no true idea what is going on here. Maybe I'm just being an eternal cynic but there's something very clandestine about this.

I feel as though I should feel better about this but it just doesn't feel right.
wanderlust.xx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by appleseed)
AQ are too decentralised for this to be anymore than a symbolic blow. A retaliation will come, it is now just a question of where, when and how severe it will be.
I agree. The Professor who came for an interview on BBC news said that AQ wouldn't be able to spin this into anything other than a defeat but I disagree; you could just as easily say that he's now died a martyr for their causes.

The thing that people seem to fail to recognise is that terrorism is not one man. America needs to understand this and Obama needs to stop feeding his people this bull****. Terrorism and fundamentalist extremism is an ideology, and since it is an ideology, it cannot simply be killed, stamped out or eradicated like an illness. Attempting to do so is simply denying the truth.

The western world needs to find a way to either indoctrinate extremists so that they no longer see the western word as a threat to their ideologies as well as the other way around.
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cast.Iron)
What I find convenient is the fact that:

a) He 'resisted' therefore allowing the special forces to shoot him not once, but twice in the head. This indicates not only a clear kill operation but also means that visually he would be impossible to identify. Sure, the US may say that they have confirmed his DNA but would they really release that kind of material to media agencies?

b) He was buried at sea. Now nobody will be able to get the body and confirm the kill other than the Americans who will claim whatever they want because they are the only ones in the loop.

We as every day people have no true idea what is going on here. Maybe I'm just being an eternal cynic but there's something very clandestine about this.

I feel as though I should feel better about this but it just doesn't feel right.
a) They have stated it was a kill operation. Nothing else needs to be said.

aii) They have stated they have evidence, plenty of sources have stated it, they are deciding whether to release it or not.
Releasing it means less conspiracy and such. But releasing it means bloody images, it means other people have a 'figurehead image' to use to recruit more. Simple.

b) Stop being so ignorant as to automatically assume every single person involved is lying and such.
The Patriot
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HarryA)
Keep telling yourself that dumbo.
Yep, I shall. Ahhhh it's good being right. I'm just gonna sit here in my rightness and be right....

(Original post by HarryA)
'Trained' is the wrong word. You aren't an expert and neither am I. Just keep using Tabloid terms and phrases. It makes you look like an idiot.
No it isn't. They trained them.

Trained
–verb (used without object)
to give the discipline and instruction, drill, practice, etc., designed to impart proficiency or efficiency.

Tabloid hahahahaha. Brilliant. I can see past your pseudo-intellectual crap. Ask anyone with a brain and they will give what I said, albeit with (like you said) a bit more expertise thrown in.

Open your frigging eyes dude. It's not like killing a president. Al-Qaeda still has many people in it's ranks and people ready to take over as leader. Bin-Laden was a figure head. Nothing more. Learn yourself.
appleseed
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

aii) They have stated they have evidence, plenty of sources have stated it, they are deciding whether to release it or not.
Releasing it means less conspiracy and such. But releasing it means bloody images, it means other people have a 'figurehead image' to use to recruit more. Simple.

b) Stop being so ignorant as to automatically assume every single person involved is lying and such.
Thank you.
Cast.Iron
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

a) I thought that it was 'dead or alive'? It would have been far more in keeping with America's 'moral' stance to capture him.

aii) They have stated they have evidence. How many people have access to Bin Laden's DNA? I am guessing the USA and her Allies, i.e the countries under her thumb who would not want to blow the lid on this thing if it is a fake. I am not saying that this isn't true, just that not all can be as it seems.

b) Stop being so naive as to automatically assume that you know anything but a fraction of the truth behind this whole thing. We are told what they want to tell us.

If you do not question events like this then you really do allow history to be written by the victors. It would be folly to believe everything the news tells you.
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
I agree. The Professor who came for an interview on BBC news said that AQ wouldn't be able to spin this into anything other than a defeat but I disagree; you could just as easily say that he's now died a martyr for their causes.

The thing that people seem to fail to recognise is that terrorism is not one man. America needs to understand this and Obama needs to stop feeding his people this bull****. Terrorism and fundamentalist extremism is an ideology, and since it is an ideology, it cannot simply be killed, stamped out or eradicated like an illness. Attempting to do so is simply denying the truth.

the western world needs to find a way to either indoctrinate extremists so that they no longer see the western word as a threat to their ideologies as well as the other way around.
I've always guessed this, but according to jeremy scahill, and other war time joirnalist that I can't name, the Bush Jr.'s administration attempted to do just that: westernize middle-easterns by essentially creating an American hub in Iraq. . Transitioning Iraq into a south Korea. Upholding democratic values and what not. That plan seemed to fail, but again, the future might hold plenty of surprises . Iraq is actually a lovely country, my cousin, who's like my brother, was stationed there for a year or two, and he's showed me nothing but video of the people. The place is fuk'd though.
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cast.Iron)
a) I thought that it was 'dead or alive'? It would have been far more in keeping with America's 'moral' stance to capture him.

aii) They have stated they have evidence. How many people have access to Bin Laden's DNA?

b) Stop being so naive as to automatically assume that you know anything but a fraction of the truth behind this whole thing. We are told what they want to tell us.
Many have stated they went in to kill.
Whatever it was, he fought back, thus killing was necessary.

Oh.. i'm sorry i'm not a retarded little conspiracy lover like some people :rolleyes:

Don't be so idiotic as to NOT believe things the news tell you just because of your little fantasies. Particularly when every single news station says the same thing.
With pictures to back it up.
With videos to back it up.
With witnesses of the attack to back it up.
With officials across various countries to back it up.
Leon Trotsky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They really ought to release pictures of the bodies. I mean, weren't pictures released when Saddam's sons were killed?
username547863
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jampolo)
He was killed, then buried. Instantaneously. Donald Trump has requested Osama's birth certificate... hmm i doubt anyone will see that. And if pictures of Osama's body are released, i'll suck you off
DNA was taken and it was proved to be him
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Addzter)
They really ought to release pictures of the bodies. I mean, weren't pictures released when Saddam's sons were killed?
Yea... unless his body was mutilated to an extent that a photograph would be useless.

They should post a video clip of this operation.I mean people have waited for a whole decade for this moment... :rolleyes:
Alex Jones
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NGC773)
DNA was taken and it was proved to be him
He Died YEARS ago.

Plus to get dna he doesnt have to be dead.
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tell you what, I bet the SEAL who killed him is proper chuffed about the kill.

That said, they should have taken him alive if the reports about them killing him after he refused to be taken. Shoot him in the thigh or something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.84%
No - but I will (110)
7.78%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.79%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed