Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Never been asked myself.
    One of the medics was due in the exams but has been graciously been allowed to delay till the day after exams. So generous. He plans to turn up looking like a total tory (suit, rotary club tie, telegraph, etc.) and hopes the defence refuse to have him as a juror.
    You could do what my Dad did when he was called. He happened to be quite good friends with the prosecutor, so as he entered the courtroom he just waved, said hi, gave him a wink and said he'd see him in the bar later. The defence quite quickly objected and he was excused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    You could do what my Dad did when he was called. He happened to be quite good friends with the prosecutor, so as he entered the courtroom he just waved, said hi, gave him a wink and said he'd see him in the bar later. The defence quite quickly objected and he was excused
    :awesome:

Much respect for your dad.

ReputationRep:
    wish I wasn't so **** at doing work (although i suppose on the reverse I'm amazing at procrastinating)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    They all use the same database, and as those are probably full price tickets, I can't see why the routes and pricing would be different. But operators do keep their cheapest Advance fares to their own sites, or offer an extra discount on their own Advance fares on their own site.
    EMT Trains have always been SO much more expensive than trainline, although trainline has fees and isn't always the cheapest either.

I've recently found Chiltern Railways - it is definitely the cheapest around and there are no hidden fees, I've never had a problem with them they're fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rissa14)
    EMT Trains have always been SO much more expensive than trainline, although trainline has fees and isn't always the cheapest either.

I've recently found Chiltern Railways - it is definitely the cheapest around and there are no hidden fees, I've never had a problem with them they're fantastic!
    I find East Coast the best site to use, purely because the user interface is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Me and the boyfriend just broke up, but in such a way that we were both still smiling and laughing together. I guess that's the best way of breaking up!

ReputationRep:
    I find East Coast the best site to use, purely because the user interface is awesome.
    I love the 'show cheapest fares' thing, it's amazing!

Also, I can't analyse schenkerianly :sad:

If I could go back in time (terminator style) and kill Schenker before he came up with his bull**** analysis method I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fretter778)
    Me and the boyfriend just broke up, but in such a way that we were both still smiling and laughing together. I guess that's the best way of breaking up!
    :hugs:

I suppose if you're both happy, and can remain friends then that's the best outcome!

ReputationRep:
    Aww plus congrats? Either way, you should take the opportunity to post here more. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Aww plus congrats? Either way, you should take the opportunity to post here more. :ninja:
    It was an LDR anyway. I'm just useless at posting here!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that, but glad you're both happy

ReputationRep:
    Never ever ever EVER use thetrainline. You'll find cheaper advance fares on the operators' own sites, and most operators don't slap on extra charges like thetrainline does.
    I use it to check train timetables. I buy all my tickets from the station on the day, since there are no advance fares from my station (in fact they barely exist on this network at all).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terpsikhore)
    I use it to check train timetables. I buy all my tickets from the station on the day, since there are no advance fares from my station (in fact they barely exist on this network at all).
    National rail is much better. It lists all the stops on your journey if you desire, so you can count the stops and work out when to get up to get off. I have a long journey back to university (7 and a half hours) on the train with 2 changes, so it is a brilliant tool for me.

However, if you want to do a relatively cheap journey to Europe without the Eurostar website - www.bahn.de - it's a German website, but there's an English equivalent. You can also buy UK only tickets there. I think the biggest distance it will allow is Galway in Western Ireland to Moscow, Russia. I've heard that from 2014 ICE (the massive train company in Germany - their equivalent of CrossCountry) will be challenging Eurostar for British customers by running services from London St. Pancras to Frankfurt via Brussels and Cologne.

National Rail does now provide relevant information for those of us who want to head somewhere in the ROI such as Dublin, Waterford or Galway - it is surprisingly cheap and ferry fare from Holyhead is included.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. When the guy in the sweet shop tells you he has the 'sourest sweets in England', do not doubt him.

:nosebleed:

ReputationRep:
    I'm having to write a commentary to explain my Bach analysis, but I can't justify anything I did.

This is going to a fun read for whoever marks it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustMe2)
    Sorry?
    Quit while you're still ahead.

ReputationRep:
    I second bahn.de being great, though I'm pretty sure terpsi wasn't trying to get to Moscow. :p:

G'night, gays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    I second bahn.de being great, though I'm pretty sure terpsi wasn't trying to get to Moscow. :p:

G'night, gays.
    Night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    NO I VIOLENTLY HATE MOBILE WEBSITES WITH THE WHITE HOT EVER-BURNING FIRE OF A THOUSAND STARS.

I hate mobile sites. They always redirect you away from the non-mobile version and have the functionality of the normal website if it was drunk on scotch and tied to a chair.

Sorry but most phones these days display websites perfectly fine, unless it's a flash website in which case you shouldn't have a website in the first place.

Omg seriously.
    Loading the main TSR site on mobile internet is a hassle, and takes forever. There's no need for things like avatars and sigs on a mobile; I've often wished they would optimise it for such devices.

(Original post by goodcookies)
    Oooooh I've been selected for jury service. Anyone ever done it?
    No, and I hope never to have to. In my job I'm more likely to end up in the witness box anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    unless it's a flash website in which case you shouldn't have a website in the first place.
    YES.

Flash websites are the reserve of *******s and idiots and anything more creative I can come up with when it's not, you know, 2 am.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.