Teh Super Awesome Juicy CURRENT YEAR 11 (2012-13) THREAD; MARK I Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dalek1099
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shadab786ahmed)
I wonder if there is a grammar school in Cardiff.. Hmmm...
surely there has to be one,in such a huge city:confused:
MangoFreak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Dalek1099)
Grammar schools aren't commonplace anymore. There are only like 100 left in the country.
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think there is... And it's not that big
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kittaaaaay)
Yesss, ahaha. MASSIVE change from going to a grammar school that I never ever had to pay for to this overpriced private school that barely offers anything. :erm:
I take it you don't go here:

(I know it's in Singapore, but still :ahee:)
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
Yo. Long time no see! Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do

But why the **** am I in the Spanish section of the box? I don't even take Spanish! :lol:
What exams did you take,this June?I haven't seen you for ages-I think I may have the best results yet this August,I'm hoping for A*s all around but I would be so disappointed if my A* in English Language got moderated down and I haven't spent enough time on this new thread yet,I'm way down the posting leaderboard.I'm also extremely nervous to find out whether I have aced Science or failed again.To add to this,does anyone know any pure maths jobs? because I'm struggling to work out what job I want but I know I want a pure maths job,after graduating with a maths degree.
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MangoFreak)
Grammar schools aren't commonplace anymore. There are only like 100 left in the country.
Isn't a grammar school the same as a private school though or are they completely different school types?-please explain the difference,if they are indeed different because I always thought they were synonyms of each other.
Kittaaaaay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I take it you don't go here:

(I know it's in Singapore, but still :ahee:)
Nah, the buildings here look heaps cooler ;D
We don't have a pool though, we use the one at the golf course that we're in haha.

Oh god, one thing I hate about here though, there are so many lizards and snakes! I swear like the first week I started here I saw a snake .. And then we had a fire drill in term two and when I was lining up one of the teachers nudged me and pointed out the snake slithering up the tree next to me. I almost freaking died. Doesn't help that whenever a science teacher finds a snake they put it in a tank at the entrance of the science block for a week so students can study it .. I always have to shut my eyes and hope I don't bang into anything haha.
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We don't have a pool though, we use the one at the golf course that we're in haha.

Oh god, one thing I hate about here though, there are so many lizards and snakes! I swear like the first week I started here I saw a snake .. And then we had a fire drill in term two and when I was lining up one of the teachers nudged me and pointed out the snake slithering up the tree next to me. I almost freaking died. Doesn't help that whenever a science teacher finds a snake they put it in a tank at the entrance of the science block for a week so students can study it .. I always have to shut my eyes and hope I don't bang into anything haha.
I couldn't live in Australia because it has so many wild animals,never mind snakes what about crocodiles?-is it safe to go near water?At least it would be nice and peaceful in Australia though because there wouldn't be many people because it has such a low population density,compared to the UK.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Isn't a grammar school the same as a private school though or are they completely different school types?-please explain the difference,if they are indeed different because I always thought they were synonyms of each other.
Private schools are fee asking

Grammars don't accept anyone nd require grades but they're free..
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just checked... We don't I think the closest one is in Newport...
Kittaaaaay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I couldn't live in Australia because it has so many wild animals,never mind snakes what about crocodiles?-is it safe to go near water?At least it would be nice and peaceful in Australia though because there wouldn't be many people because it has such a low population density,compared to the UK.
Yeah haha, that's kind of the reason I'm not going with my mum when she's moving over there. Just terrified of all wildlife that isn't cats or plants lol. You don't really find that many crocs in like .. beaches and stuff, but there are definitely sharks, and shellfish that don't look dangerous but are kind of poisonous :P Aus still has heaps of people though, New Zealand only has 4.4mil people.
MangoFreak
Rep:
?

Ahahahahahaha :rofl: Safe to go near water... :rofl2: There aren't crocodiles in urban water systems. NO ONE lives in rural areas there. Not to say that one doesn't swim down the river every now and again :dontknow: but if you're stupid enough to go near it then no, you shouldn't live in Australia. Crocodiles are old news. What you need look out for is the ****ing fish. Those *******s will kill you. My friend's sister once needed to be taken away by ambulance after stepping on a rockfish (very poisonous spines). You can't swim in the ocean in many places because of the deadly jellyfish, either I lived in a place where it wasn't a problem, so go me :ahee:

Population density is really more or less the same as in England. There's such a large area of uninhabitable land that is still counted in statistics, but everyone lives in towns or cities. It would be ridiculous to not.

We had a green snake living in our primary school for a few months. I always tried to see it :awesome: Eventually they removed it though
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
Yeah haha, that's kind of the reason I'm not going with my mum when she's moving over there. Just terrified of all wildlife that isn't cats or plants lol. You don't really find that many crocs in like .. beaches and stuff, but there are definitely sharks, and shellfish that don't look dangerous but are kind of poisonous :P Aus still has heaps of people though, New Zealand only has 4.4mil people.
Yeah those blighters will **** you up :ahee:

Seriously, the wildlife is absolutely no reason to not move to Australia. That fact that it sucks is though Although I don't know what it would be like with friends :emo:
Kittaaaaay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just checked... We don't I think the closest one is in Newport...
How far is that from Cardiff?
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Private schools are fee asking

Grammars don't accept anyone nd require grades but they're free..
I never knew you could go to grammar schools,without paying any money.
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
:facepalm: Go outside a bit, eh?

(You don't have to, I wouldn't personally, that's mostly a metaphor for finding out about the world :awesome:)
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How far is that from Cardiff?
Urmmm... Well, it'd take about half an hour probably without traffic but there would be so more... I'd rather stay in my **** state school... But I can achieve things there...
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, that's the difference, they just have an entry requirement, for example one place is 6 A*-B which I thought was so low with an A in maths and B in science... I am jealous that there aren't private schools!
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ahahahahahaha :rofl: Safe to go near water... :rofl2: There aren't crocodiles in urban water systems. NO ONE lives in rural areas there. Not to say that one doesn't swim down the river every now and again :dontknow: but if you're stupid enough to go near it then no, you shouldn't live in Australia. Crocodiles are old news. What you need look out for is the ****ing fish. Those *******s will kill you. My friend's sister once needed to be taken away by ambulance after stepping on a rockfish (very poisonous spines). You can't swim in the ocean in many places because of the deadly jellyfish, either I lived in a place where it wasn't a problem, so go me :ahee:

Population density is really more or less the same as in England. There's such a large area of uninhabitable land that is still counted in statistics, but everyone lives in towns or cities. It would be ridiculous to not.

We had a green snake living in our primary school for a few months. I always tried to see it :awesome: Eventually they removed it though
Even with the uninhabited land,the population density is still much much lower,20 million people live in Australia roughly,compared to 60 million in the UK,with the area of Australia being 31 times bigger than the UK.Why would you swim in the sea anyway?-you could swept away or worse drown that is extremely dangerous,wherever you are in the world.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My guess was 1200 by tonight, let's see if I'm right! give or take 50...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Do you have any savings?

Yes (112)
72.26%
No (43)
27.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise