Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    I'm something similar for maths, geography and biology. Although I need to actually get an A in chemistry to move up (I hate ccea aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    CCEA chemistry, I know dem feels, it's an awful board

When did you start revising for it?

ReputationRep:
    Like 6 hours ... That's all my mind can take !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feel like I should've replaced the 2 hours I spent playing Dead Island revising today.

Cone of shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwiboy527)
    No idea how/why people are revising 6 hours a day. I guess it's personal? I only need about 4 past papers worth of maths revision and I'm fine but this thread really scares me! I get paranoid thinking maybe I'm not doing enough even though I feel as though I know most of my stuff...
    Exams are memory tests. Most people don't have photographic recall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwiboy527)
    No idea how/why people are revising 6 hours a day. I guess it's personal? I only need about 4 past papers worth of maths revision and I'm fine but this thread really scares me! I get paranoid thinking maybe I'm not doing enough even though I feel as though I know most of my stuff...
    Everyone is different in terms of how they revise; if you think your technique is good then continue to use it. A lot of people have a different amount of exams in the summer too, so some do more than others or vice versa. It's about how confident you are with your subjects, I wouldn't worry if you feel you know most of your stuff.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Hours. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I find it so hard to believe that people actually are physically able to revise 4+ hrs a day.wuuut?!

Something must be wrong with me attention span; the max I can do is 3hrs with plenty of breaks in between atleast 4 x a week due to part time slavery at R.I.

then again, even if I didt have work,the max I could do is 4 revision days a week otherwise I get so fed up &bored of my work!am I the only one or somethingg:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRuserrr9)
    I find it so hard to believe that people actually are physically able to revise 4+ hrs a day.wuuut?!

Something must be wrong with me attention span; the max I can do is 3hrs with plenty of breaks in between atleast 4 x a week due to part time slavery at R.I.

then again, even if I didt have work,the max I could do is 4 revision days a week otherwise I get so fed up &bored of my work!am I the only one or somethingg:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In 2 months' time, I can play for as much as I want for a good few months. So now I work.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Fayadh56)
    Thank you!

I was thinking of taking Further Math, and D1 as I'm doing engineering. But I'll have to study on my own, is it possible?

How easy is FP1?
    I think FP1 is quite easy but FP2 and FP3 are harder.
    I tried to self study M3 and M4 but the school is giving me so much work, I never seem to have the time.

ReputationRep:
    Currently none. :eek:
    Can't work at home too many distractions, need to get back to uni.

ReputationRep:
    How much has everyone done over half term?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't started revising yet

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Geography at A2 with a couple of AS retakes. I've started revision but nothing hard core. Does anyone think its too late??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HWazed96)
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Geography at A2 with a couple of AS retakes. I've started revision but nothing hard core. Does anyone think its too late??
    No one can possibly answer this, everyone is different and has a different brain. If you have to ask, then perhaps, but it'd only be your fault. Start now, revising all day.

ReputationRep:
    Hours? Haha I'm lucky if I can make it tone hour a day lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    No one can possibly answer this, everyone is different and has a different brain. If you have to ask, then perhaps, but it'd only be your fault. Start now, revising all day.
    I can't possibly revise all day long. But its true what you are saying about everyone being different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HWazed96)
    I can't possibly revise all day long. But its true what you are saying about everyone being different
    If you want it, you can. If you're not fussed, you won't. I haven't played a video game in weeks, but I know after June I can play them all day. You can't decide to start revising in a couple of months, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    If you want it, you can. If you're not fussed, you won't. I haven't played a video game in weeks, but I know after June I can play them all day. You can't decide to start revising in a couple of months, though.
    Thank you for your words of wisdom Ozzy, I will pick up the workload from now

ReputationRep:
    I have 11 exams, but with some of them being French, German, ICT, English Literature and English Language. Make that 6 exams XD

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I did an insane amount on the first Monday and Tuesday of the Easter break. Was feeling fantastic and on top of everything. Did not pick up a book for the rest of the two weeks. I'm aiming for all A's (at AS level) and feel absolutely ****ed. Dreading tomorrow (back to school) but I'm glad to hear I'm not alone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.