Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    No, really don't think it's gonna be that high. A few question caught some people out and i'm sure lots more marks were lost due to silly mistakes. Also, we only make up a small minority of the people that took this exam
    I don't think they can make the boundary higher than 80% raw marks anyway can they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisshP)
    It said ALL products are useful so 100% atom economy. It was a 1 mark question, so it should require zero working out anyway.
    i know i thought it was strange how they only gave one line. The ****ing thing though is i knew that they were alll useful products but i still thought they were specifically on about the chlorine

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you, I only know because i've done F334 and F335
    I'm quite certain the mark scheme will allow a lot of versions probably for that question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baymmm)
    what did people put for the question that asked about the type of bond breaking or something? I couldn't work out if it was asking for photodissociation or homolytic bond fission, so put photodissociation causes homolytic bond fission
    The homolytic bit gets the marks so you covered your back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juniorx)
    i haven't even done f335 yet. this is supposed to be an as exam!!!
    This unit specification clearly says though

Name:  Spec.png
Views: 150
Size:  9.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you, I only know because i've done F334 and F335
    Can you sue OCR salters for that? I hate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davelittle)
    I don't think they can make the boundary higher than 80% raw marks anyway can they?
    if everyone across the country did reaaaally well then the grade boundaries can go up to 90% for an A and it wouldn't matter. It's all based on a bell curve or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyberphilic_9999)
    so nitrite is correct right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrite first line, can't believe i guessed that!!!!!!!!!!!
    i dont think so, chemical ideas (pg246 it think) says nitrite is the common name but nitrate (iii) ion is the systematic name

you probably will still get one mark

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the highest has been 80 for an A, I don't think it will be that high tbh, lots of people hated it, TSR is hardly a representative of the population, I know for a fact about 3 guys in the exam I was in sat there for the whole exam doing nothing!

i know i thought it was strange how they only gave one line. The ****ing thing though is i knew that they were alll useful products but i still thought they were specifically on about the chlorine

I started working it out, then saw it was 1 mark, and the I remembered whenever they ask about electrolysis its 100% so just chucked it down,, no worries, you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the inorganic product of the electrophilic addition Q2 i think.. i put H20.. :/

ReputationRep:
    I think they can, it depends on how the cohort did as a whole (but I don't think they'll be that high)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerz)
    >.< Dreading that haha!
    Oh well I haven't made too many silly mistakes which is a relief, I messed up f331 because of silly mistakes haha
    Imagine how I'm feeling! Petrified for the F335 exam next Wednesday

Silly mistakes is so common throughout chemistry because of the rigid mark scheme tbh; I wouldn't worry though, so long as you know you've done the best you can

ReputationRep:
    know how you feel, i did the same
    cant believe it

ReputationRep:
    No, really don't think it's gonna be that high. A few question caught some people out and i'm sure lots more marks were lost due to silly mistakes. Also, we only make up a small minority of the people that took this exam
    Thats true.

ReputationRep:
    i hate them as well. I know they're going to **** up my physics exam as always tommorow and make it impossibly hard

ReputationRep:
    The highest the grade boundaries have gone was 80% for an A, which is 80/100. It is normally 70-80 for an A.
    In January 2013 you had to get only 72/100 for an A, and it was an easier paper than this!

ReputationRep:
    They can, look through the old grade boundaries, there's one where the A is 49/60. An in OCR maths, the grade boundary for is over 80% half the time, once for FP1,(further pure maths) it was 63/72 for an A, so the exam boards are allowed to raise the grade boundaries as high as they want i think.

ReputationRep:
    I think they can, it depends on how the cohort did as a whole (but I don't think they'll be that high)
    Remember people on TSR aren't a fair representation as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzy1234)
    Imagine how I'm feeling! Petrified for the F335 exam next Wednesday

Silly mistakes is so common throughout chemistry because of the rigid mark scheme tbh; I wouldn't worry though, so long as you know you've done the best you can
    Oh wow good luck! I'll be doing that next year haha
    Exactly the mark scheme is ridiculous at times >.<

ReputationRep:
    No, oxidation states are in AS.
    You could have worked it out as you would normally, the oxidation state of nitrogen in NO2- is +3, so it would be Nitrate (III)

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 29, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.