Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackoo08)
    Could someone help me out, i'm looking at the grade boundaries for Maths on Edexcel, and there are two sets of results for each paper, Paper 01 and paper 01R, what is the difference between the two? cheers
    Paper 01R is the international paper , ignore that

ReputationRep:
    That link doesn't seem to be working for some reason, do you have another one? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzy1234)
    I found this unit rather bizarre to be frank! Especially because I chose the human topic, I found it really weird to find any real theories to relate to, as well as very weird fieldwork (asking random people about their views on "culture", gosh that was so painful!). And then in the exam we have to produce a "report", I mean this required memorisation of quotes and references, which really fits more in the style of a coursework imo. Found the timing really hard as well :/

Cheers for that reassurance, really gives me some hope! I somehow managed to get 108 for unit 3 in January, so that motivated me to seek that A*... But unit 4... It's just weird!

I'm sure you'll do well in both units dude; we will indeed find out tomorrow. Just dreading that moment we find out!
    Yeah I've said many times to my teacher that this unit is a load of bull**** - if the student thinks that I wonder what the teacher does. It's even worse than unit 2 when we all made up fieldwork. It's basically a memorisation and regurgitation exercise. Completely pointless. Timing is an issue - that's why I always find I have to strip my argument to the bare bones sometimes, which of course causes me to drop research marks -_- It's such a pointless exam.

Wow well done - hopefully you'll manage the A* this time too.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathushaaa)
    That link doesn't seem to be working for some reason, do you have another one? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Here you go .

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Docum...01306%20v2.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    Yeah I've said many times to my teacher that this unit is a load of bull**** - if the student thinks that I wonder what the teacher does. It's even worse than unit 2 when we all made up fieldwork. It's basically a memorisation and regurgitation exercise. Completely pointless. Timing is an issue - that's why I always find I have to strip my argument to the bare bones sometimes, which of course causes me to drop research marks -_- It's such a pointless exam.

Wow well done - hopefully you'll manage the A* this time too.

Good luck
    So true, such a pointless and ridiculous unit. You can almost imagine Edexcel going up to Ofqual and begging for this unit to be a coursework one, but finding a firm no due to political correctness! Whatever Edexcel are trying to achieve through this exam is good- preparation for university style projects- but the exam utterly, utterly destroys that.

Thank you! I just don't think I can only drop 8 marks. I had to rush over so many arguments like you said, and make such a weird conclusion as there was hardly any time left. Gosh, it's so sad that we can moan and complain about exams all day, which ruins the whole intended purpose of A-Levels. We need to reform our style of examination, with a mixture of assessment, but never gonna happen tbh.

Good luck to ya as well, I'm sure you'll do well!

ReputationRep:
    Could someone help me out, i'm looking at the grade boundaries for Maths on Edexcel, and there are two sets of results for each paper, Paper 01 and paper 01R, what is the difference between the two? cheers
    Paper 01 was the original paper but a box of papers went missing in the Netherlands and therefore they had to do a replacement paper Paper01R, but there were a few centres that did not get the replacement paper and they sat the original Paper 01- guess that is why they have given boundaries for both papers. Hope this helps not sure how you tell which paper you sat, your school/college should know (most will have sat 01R)

ReputationRep:
    For c2 on edexcel there are two paper one says: c2 (01) the other c2(01R). I did edexcel c2 in the uk? Which ones my paper. Hoping for 01, since the A boundary is lower! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    can someone post edexcel grade boundaries please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know where the AEA grade boundaries are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student10011)
    For c2 on edexcel there are two paper one says: c2 (01) the other c2(01R). I did edexcel c2 in the uk? Which ones my paper. Hoping for 01, since the A boundary is lower! Thanks
    UK is (01). I did the same paper, fingers crossed for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the Grade boundaries are up for CCEA, or if CCEA even released them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choc cakes)
    Paper 01 was the original paper but a box of papers went missing in the Netherlands and therefore they had to do a replacement paper Paper01R, but there were a few centres that did not get the replacement paper and they sat the original Paper 01- guess that is why they have given boundaries for both papers. Hope this helps not sure how you tell which paper you sat, your school/college should know (most will have sat 01R)
    That's not true - the 'R' papers are the ones sat by international students. Only C3 papers were lost, they didn't replace the other units.

UK students sat the 01 papers.

ReputationRep:
    Only 19 hours left! Hurry up please

ReputationRep:
    No you've got it wrong

01 is the UK paper

01R is the international paper.

C1 has C1 01R, C1 was not lost so therefore 01R is the international paper

ReputationRep:
    The Maths Edexcel Paper 01 went missing in the Netherlands, they therefore did a replacement Paper 01R, this paper was sent out to most if not all centres, a few centres did the original Paper 01 therefore they have had to produce boundaries for both papers 01 & 01R - this paper is done in a lot of countires not just uk. - Hope this helps your school/college should know which paper you sat.

ReputationRep:
    Physics grade boundaries seem okay. I've seen kinder. Surprised that P4 wasn't lower and P5 wasn't higher. I assume it's the ones without the R that are relevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    No you've got it wrong

01 is the UK paper

01R is the international paper.

C1 has C1 01R, C1 was not lost so therefore 01R is the international paper
    This was on the edexcel website 'Update on Maths A level

Published: 14/06/2013Pearson's statement on the replacement of papers:

"We have been in regular contact with all centres that have candidates sitting this GCE Maths paper and carefully monitored receipt of the replacement paper to all schools. However, there is always a small risk that a small number of candidates will accidentally sit the original paper, as has happened in this case.

"At this stage, we believe that students at two UK and two overseas centres sat the original paper. We are continuing to monitor these numbers and would like to reassure students that all exam scripts will be marked, and we will carry out statistical analysis to ensure that all students are fairly rewarded for the performance on either paper." '

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06moca)
    Very distressing.
    :console:

good luck

ReputationRep:
    AQA: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2013.PDF

Edexcel: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Docum...01306%20v2.pdf

OCR: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-...-june-2013.pdf

You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    This was on the edexcel website 'Update on Maths A level

Published: 14/06/2013Pearson's statement on the replacement of papers:

"We have been in regular contact with all centres that have candidates sitting this GCE Maths paper and carefully monitored receipt of the replacement paper to all schools. However, there is always a small risk that a small number of candidates will accidentally sit the original paper, as has happened in this case.

"At this stage, we believe that students at two UK and two overseas centres sat the original paper. We are continuing to monitor these numbers and would like to reassure students that all exam scripts will be marked, and we will carry out statistical analysis to ensure that all students are fairly rewarded for the performance on either paper." '

Stop being silly, C1 and M1 were sat before the replacements. Your delusional if you continue to insist that papers with 01R (including physics, chem and bio papers) are not international...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.