Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    thats fine, its just that they are considering our application so as long as they confirm and they have your application and are considering it (which they are) its all fine. just hang in there and our offers will come
    I hope your last line is true. all the best with your apps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just checked last year's thread, it's like LSE started issuing offers from the second week of December? So let's keep...waiting... and finger crossed to all of us~!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelly61566)
    same here! I think we'll all hear from them together once they've processed this batch of applications. So nervous
    We're all in the same boat! I really do hope they reply next Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meekayla)
    Okay, so I'm an international applicant, it's been 20 days since my 2 weeks email for IR and yesterday I received an email from LSE asking my referee to submit my predicted grades to them because they would be unable to process my application otherwise.

I'm so confused now! My predicted grades were already part of my UCAS application, so they should have them, right? I don't know what's going on

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which country are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm from Australia and my teacher didn't include a predicted grade in my reference because it's pretty hard to predict our overall grade because how our system works. After my two week email I emailed them back saying that I don't have a predicted grade but my school (not my referee teacher) can provide one, and the admission tutor said that it is likely that they'll contact me again to ask for it, but they haven't yet, and it's been almost 4 weeks since my 5 week email.

Maybe you should email them back and explain that you've already have your predicted grades in your UCAS and ask them to elaborate on what they want. But it's funny that the IR department is saying that but Econ didn't really seem to care about my predicted grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelly61566)
    Which country are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm from Australia and my teacher didn't include a predicted grade in my reference because it's pretty hard to predict our overall grade because how our system works. After my two week email I emailed them back saying that I don't have a predicted grade but my school (not my referee teacher) can provide one, and the admission tutor said that it is likely that they'll contact me again to ask for it, but they haven't yet, and it's been almost 4 weeks since my 5 week email.

Maybe you should email them back and explain that you've already have your predicted grades in your UCAS and ask them to elaborate on what they want. But it's funny that the IR department is saying that but Econ didn't really seem to care about my predicted grades
    Haha, Australia is close, at least linguistically: I'm from Austria

It's just weird because I asked my referee today and she said she had definitely submitted my predicted grades.

Also I thought that if you enter a pending qualification your referee HAS to fill in the predicted grades for the subjects you have announced to UCAS, otherwise the reference is not complete and you cannot send it off???
    This is all so weird.

Congratulations on your 5 weeks email by the way! Wish I were already this far... I've just emailed them as you suggested, let's hope they get back to me quickly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmms95)
    okay I just looked at this website and I'm a bit confused tbh. Does anyone know which year this website is taking its data from? Because I'm applying for BMS at LSE and the places in 2012 vs. applicants were 37 to 247. Which means more than 37 people (obviously) were offered offers. Possibly double that amount I guess. Anyways, the website says the acceptance rate was 21% which means about only 51 out of 247 received offers??? (approximate) which means that 196 were possibly straight rejected?! Honestly, its really shocking when you look at those figures, were 196 people simply not good enough? (let's say they all met the minimum entry requirements) And apparently since BMS is a relatively new course, it's not so competitive (which is what I've heard tbh) so how is it possible that the acceptance rate is low??? I mean a low acceptance rate indicates that the course is competitive, but the statistics on LSE's website for BMS (37:247) does not come any where near what the statistics would be for what I'd call a competitive course, for e.g like Law (189:2338 which is crazy).

Either the data on the website is not the year of 2012, and so this could all be guess work. OR, it is and that means only 20% of applicants that applied received offers. Which I find quite hard to believe :confused::confused::confused:
    Well tbh everyone that applies to Lse should realise that it's incredibly competitive since it's (arguably) the best uni in this country after Oxbridge. However, the candidates are not 'self-selecting' like they are at Oxbridge, and so the applicant figures at Lse are, in my view, distorted by the fact that many students apply with little realistic chance of gaining admission...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkthings)
    I went through last year's thread as well (well, up to late January) It seems as if LSE tends to give out decisions in 'waves' or batches. Also, many people who applied in October were kept waiting all the way until March for a decision (!). Things may be different for us though, since they said that we should receive a decision within 12 weeks. Then again, you never know.

Here are the dates (up to January) for the offers and rejections reported on TSR in the 2013 cycle in case anyone else is interested:

Friday 9 November: rejections - Law, Management
    Wednesday 12 December: rejections - A&F, Law
    Wednesday 19 December: offers - Management, A&F, Econ, Sociology
    Monday 7 January: offer - law
    Tuesday 15 January: rejections - IR + History, Economic History, Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
    Wednesday 23 January: offers - Math + Econ, Economics, Economic History, A&F, Management, Business-Mathematics + Statistics, Actuarial Science, Law
    Friday 25 January: rejections - Management, Econ and Econ History, IR, A&F
    Friday 25 January: offers - International History

I doubt LSE will follow last year's decision schedule (especially since people have already received offers and rejections) but it's still interesting to know.

Also, someone else noted the general offer/rejection dates reaching back to 2010-2011. One trend seems to be that around 19/20th December, offers were given.
    I love you for posting this.

ReputationRep:
    In case anyone's interested, the % of applicants receiving offers from LSE for economics is 13%. That's 1% lower than at Cambridge. I think the overall quality of applications to cambridge will be somewhat higher though most likely skewing the results slightly. Having said that, i have a friend who got into Cambridge but not LSE last year for Economics.

Source: http://university.which.co.uk/london...500-l101-44826

ReputationRep:
    In case anyone's interested, the % of applicants receiving offers from LSE for economics is 13%. That's 1% lower than at Cambridge. I think the overall quality of applications to cambridge will be somewhat higher though most likely skewing the results slightly. Having said that, i have a friend who got into Cambridge but not LSE last year for Economics.

Source: http://university.which.co.uk/london...500-l101-44826

ReputationRep:
    My friend got an offer from anthropology like 3 weeks ago (1 week after her 5 weeks later).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyTractor)
    GCSEs 6A*s 6As
    AS AABB
    Predicted A*A*A
    Other universities applying to: King's, Royal Holloway, Queen Mary, Westminster

Anyone else applying for history? Or does anyone else's school not let them apply til November?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Applying for Economic History over here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dente)
    Almost four weeks into my five week email and no reply from them. Is this good or bad news?

I applied for Bsc. Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Didn't they send you an acknowledgement e-mail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xopf)
    My friend got an offer from Philosophy like 3 weeks ago (1 week after her 5 weeks later).
    Wow, that's cool!! It will be a week this Friday since I got my 5 week email. *sigh* The wait is driving me insane...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gouratiltzen)
    What are your AS grades? How is your personal statement?
    I obtained AAAB for AS, my personal statement is different shall I say? I've applied for ESPS at UCL and European Studies at Kings as well so I had to add in a lot about Europe and try to connect that to the Middle East; where I'm from and where most of my interest derives from... It's a mix of different influences to be honest: Iran, Spain, Ancient Latin/Greek influences and the Middle East....

I just hope the mix doesn't look bad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meekayla)
    Ah okay. Thanks very much! I'm slowly losing my mind...
    I applied for IR and this is what I got

Acknowledgement
    2 week email
    5 week email

I am currently in my 3rd week of waiting, my friend applying for International History received the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryazd)
    I applied for IR and this is what I got

Acknowledgement
    2 week email
    5 week email

I am currently in my 3rd week of waiting, my friend applying for International History received the same.
    Can I ask when you actually sent off your application and when you received your two-week email as I'm way past two weeks and still haven't heard from them regarding a five-week email! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkthings)
    You seem like a really nice and friendly fellow.

I am applying to study law - this is LSE's LLB Bachelor of Laws page and this is their Department of Law page.

Incidentally, what are you applying for? I hope it isn't maths or statistics related.
    you're my hero - sharp response.
    i applied to llb bachelor of laws as well! good luck to you!!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Government and History...
    I have no idea what to expect and when to expect it!
    My AS results were AAAB and I'm predicted AAA at A2.
    Has anyone else heard back from LSE in terms of the Government and History course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishasmithx)
    I've applied for Government and History...
    I have no idea what to expect and when to expect it!
    My AS results were AAAB and I'm predicted AAA at A2.
    Has anyone else heard back from LSE in terms of the Government and History course?
    I've been following this thread from the inception of it and I don't think anyone has received an offer/rejection for Gov and History. I know people for International History have got the 5 week email (I also have the 5 week email, but for Economic History) and that's as far as I know…

Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErHi?)
    I've been following this thread from the inception of it and I don't think anyone has received an offer/rejection for Gov and History. I know people for International History have got the 5 week email (I also have the 5 week email, but for Economic History) and that's as far as I know…

Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful!
    Oh, that's perfect! I'm clearly just too lazy to go trawling through the whole thread. Far too many pages

Thank you so much for your information, though! It's definitely put my mind at rest for a while.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.