The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

he deserves the death penalty it's a disgrace people are posting about the sympathy they have for him they should be more concerned for the family who had there 8 year old son killed and the mother and sister with limbs blown off the man deserves no sympathy his older brother might have been the driving force behind it but it doesn't make him in anyway less accountable.
I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. He is younger and more impressionable though, and although they haven't revealed a lot about it, it sounds like he was pressurized into it by his brother..

Quick question, why did they take him away in an ambulance?!?
http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=706871&playlistId=1.1244800&binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1

Great, great footage of the Bostonians applauding the police as they drive home.
Reply 1103
BIQRfT_CUAAPfcF.jpg
Original post by SloaneRanger
Corporal Punishment......

Do you mean corporal punishment or capital punishment?
Original post by Polka Dot
Do you mean corporal punishment or capital punishment?

Yeah, my mistake :colondollar:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I know they have been doing this for decades but I still think the most extraordinary thing about this is the whole intelligence operation and co-ordination needed to pin-point those guys out of thousands (not even including the sheer mass of images and tips coming in from citizens) and then successfully hunt them down.

lol
How will they get him to talk?
Reply 1108
Original post by Savvy Sage
How will they get him to talk?

The decision is entirely up to him, he is guaranteed a death penalty either way.
Original post by CEKTOP
The decision is entirely up to him, he is guaranteed a death penalty either way.

Why the death penalty? What will he be convicted for? I have no idea how legal proceedings work in USA.
Original post by CEKTOP

Not really. If he's charged under state law, then he will not face the death penalty as there is no state death penalty in Massachussetts.

There is the federal death penalty, and the death penalty in other states. As there are no inherent federal issues in this case, it is likely he will be prosecuted under Massachussetts state law and thus not face the death penalty
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Savvy Sage
Why the death penalty? What will he be convicted for? I have no idea how legal proceedings work in USA.

Cektop is wrong. It's far from certain he will get the death penalty. See my comment above
well that was exciting. gona have a fag and go bed. god bless
I know they have been doing this for decades but I still think the most extraordinary thing about this is the whole intelligence operation and co-ordination needed to pin-point those guys out of thousands (not even including the sheer mass of images and tips coming in from citizens) and then successfully hunt them down.

I came here to post this :tongue:

I love how he just walks away like 'nailed it'.

I like how the gate opens after he jumps over aswell..
Reply 1115
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
Not really. If he's charged under state law, then he will not face the death penalty as there is no state death penalty in Massachussetts.

There is the federal death penalty, and the death penalty in other states. As there are no inherent federal issues in this case, it is likely he will be prosecuted under Massachussetts state law and thus not face the death penalty

Federal death penalty is available for murder via an explosion, there are currently 3 such murders which were clearly premeditated (which also makes them 1st degree murders and thus federal according to 18 U.S.C. 1111). The captured suspect was the one planting the bomb. Additionally, a case of such magnitude is clearly a federal one as it substantially affected national security.

I can guarantee that he's going to be prosecuted under federal law.

PS the murder of the MIT police officer may also be a federal crime, although I'm unsure if 18 U.S.C. 924 would apply here.

If he is found guilty of terrorism he could also be sentenced to death as it is a federal crime.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1116
Original post by charcharchar
I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. He is younger and more impressionable though, and although they haven't revealed a lot about it, it sounds like he was pressurized into it by his brother..

Quick question, why did they take him away in an ambulance?!?

He was in that giant firefight earlier in which his brother was killed. The owner of the boat noticed blood on or around the boat and managed to look into the boat without being attacked by him it seems. Presumably he was relatively weak and exhausted by that point, even if not seriously injured. He could also have done something to himself upon being surrounded, who knows. Either way the police would be failing in their duty if they were not to get him medical attention.
Reply 1117
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
Cektop is wrong. It's far from certain he will get the death penalty. See my comment above

In this case it is certain.
Original post by Ronove
He was in that giant firefight earlier in which his brother was killed. The owner of the boat noticed blood on or around the boat and managed to look into the boat without being attacked by him it seems. Presumably he was relatively weak and exhausted by that point, even if not seriously injured. He could also have done something to himself upon being surrounded, who knows. Either way the police would be failing in their duty if they were not to get him medical attention.

It all seems a bit fishy. Why did he not kill the boat owner who discovered him but have a firefight with the police?
Original post by GodAtum
It all seems a bit fishy. Why did he not kill the boat owner who discovered him but have a firefight with the police?

Probably because he was injured because of said firefight. Personally, I am quite glad that he was caught alive so that the police can find out why he and his brother did it. And if they were brainwashed and trained. Where it was and who provided it and also, who recruited them. Because its quite likely that some extremist **** leader recruited the brothers in America.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending