Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    67 Franklin Street, Watertown, MA.

There's amazing resolution on Google MapsGL
    Yup.

And they got him!

(That moment when TSR is faster than BBC News...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotfireLegend)
    Only the first post is.
    hmmm? what do you mean?

the title of the thread has it and its name will come up in the lastest discussions/popular sections if there are any posters. not the biggest issue in the world, but would be nice if people didnt use the word

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    hmmm? what do you mean?

the title of the thread has it and its name will come up in the lastest discussions/popular sections if there are any posters. not the biggest issue in the world, but would be nice if people didnt use the word
    The breaking news has been in the last few posts. Generally, I take the title to mean 'latest developments: see last post'.

ReputationRep:
    Sky News is still reporting that the suspect is hiding in a boat. Way behind the curve.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Bloomberg reporting he's now in custody.

edit: Boston PD confirming.

ReputationRep:
    Suspect in custody

Of Course we can't be 100% sure it's white hat

ReputationRep:
    Guardian reported a minute ago.

Edit: As Aurorae pointed out, BPD has tweeted it.

ReputationRep:
    The breaking news has been in the last few posts. Generally, I take the title to mean 'latest developments: see last post'.
    true, though i took the title to mean there was another bombing hence my "what, again? oh crap" thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    true, though i took the title to mean there was another bombing hence my "what, again? oh crap" thought.
    Oh, right!

ReputationRep:
    Yup.

And they got him!

(That moment when TSR is faster than BBC News...)
    Yeah i know its loads faster, I guess the BBC don't want to report info taken from the scanners??
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    I'd say Tamurlane's Youtube profile, with its many extremist Islamic videos, provides at the least, the most probable hypothesis.
    I'm afraid I haven't heard of any such extremist videos other than a playlist called "terrorist" that is unviewable.

And it's perfectly valid as a hypothesis, however, this does not mean that it is religiously motivated as fact, and that we should "liquidate" Dzhokhar (who shows no signs of similarly strong faith as his brother does, and from what we know of his character, has no reason to 'hate the west') for being a "radical Islamist".

But we've got him now. We should be happy! Suspect is in custody, and he's alive. It's all over.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's about enough excitement for me for one day

It's been like a four-day episode of Homeland. And I think it has been pretty revolutionary in terms of the way the public has responded and engaged in the story, internet denizens tracking every twist and turn live, crowdsourcing (however inaccurately) analysis of the visual data.... very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    Yeah i know its loads faster, I guess the BBC don't want to report info taken from the scanners??
    Seems to be the case, they showed very little.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    I'm afraid I haven't heard of any such extremist videos other than a playlist called "terrorist" that is unviewable.

And it's perfectly valid as a hypothesis, however, this does not mean that it is religiously motivated as fact, and that we should "liquidate" Dzhokhar (who shows no signs of similarly strong faith as his brother does, and from what we know of his character, has no reason to 'hate the west') for being a "radical Islamist".

But we've got him now. We should be happy! Suspect is in custody, and he's alive. It's all over.
    over for now. Until the next time.

ReputationRep:
    however, this does not mean that it is religiously motivated as fact, and that we should "liquidate" Dzhokhar
    Totally agree.

(who shows no signs of similarly strong faith as his brother does) for being a "radical Islamist".
    Most definitely. I'm glad it was Dzhokar who survived, from everything we've read it almost seems like he must have been dragged into it by his older brother, and seemed like a nice guy.

What went wrong? I suppose we might well find out considering he's alive and not "liquidated" as childsit demanded.

(It is odd that we're referring to him by first name, that it's almost as though we know something of his personality.... all very novel)

Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Yes
    what?

ReputationRep:
    It's all over.
    I'm afraid it's far from over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    why
    Understand his motive, understand how such an event was able to happen, improve security, and most importantly give the victims a chance to understand why the suffered because of him. Then of course the obvious trial and punishment etc.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=7...ylistPageNum=1

Excellent live footage, crowds cheering the police.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.