Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecretDuck)
    Not everyone drinks at QMUL, you know...
    And I'm a professional diver :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by JulietheCat)
    And I'm a professional diver :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sometimes, I just think that you're in a dream world.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, I just think that you're in a dream world.
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because you claim that there is a course which could propel someone who doesn't know a single fact about music theory into infinite opportunities in employment?

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I should've taken Economics, not this ****ty Music course

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's wrong with it?

Edit: Other than "it's easy"

ReputationRep:
    Because you claim that there is a course which could propel someone who doesn't know a single fact about music theory into infinite opportunities in employment?
    The employment rate for that course is only like 3%. I never ever said that it has big employment opportunities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    What's wrong with it?
    It's too easy and each class and lecture has always been "Ffs, I know this stuff already!" And I walk out.

I don't feel the need to go to uni just to learn about music. I have the knowledge, I do mess around with music and I do know how to make slightly ****ty remixes but they are harmonious. I'm doing it just to get a degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    It's too easy and each class and lecture has always been "Ffs, I know this stuff already!" And I walk out.

I don't feel the need to go to uni just to learn about music. I have the knowledge, I do mess around with music and I do know how to make slightly ****ty remixes but they are harmonious. I'm doing it just to get a degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You still have a chance to enquire about transferring to another course if you want to

ReputationRep:
    You still have a chance to enquire about transferring to another course if you want to
    :no: No, they told me that I have to take the Economics course from scratch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why don't you switch courses if this one doesn't fulfill your interests? :dontknow:
    Sounds like me though, easy course only here to get the degree. Doesn't bother me too much personally though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    Why don't you switch courses if this one doesn't fulfill your interests? :dontknow:
    Sounds like me though, easy course only here to get the degree. Doesn't bother me too much personally though.
    See above. And I like my classmates an awful lot. SD said that her classmates are mostly those who drink themselves to death and leave her in a bar all alone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    See above. And I like my classmates an awful lot. SD said that her classmates are mostly those who drink themselves to death and leave her in a bar all alone
    Well you guys sound like you're having a great time at uni. :pierre:

Happy 1111th post!

leave her in a bar all alone
    Wait wat.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That was one time. And I think the situation was far less worse than I made it out to be. Mainly because the only things to drink were alcohol and alcohol. You had to pay to get a soft drink but there were alcohol vouchers.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CJKay)

Happy 1111th post!

Wait wat.
    Yeah, they were like "Hey dudes, wanna get high on shisha!?!!?"
    And they left - they completely embarrassed me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)

Happy 1111th post!

Wait wat.
    Thanks

Here's hoping second year will be much harder!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Here's hoping second year will be much harder!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Amen!

Yeah, they were like "Hey dudes, wanna get high on shisha!?!!?"
    And they left - they completely embarrassed me.
    I take it you're not into that sort of thing, but not even one of them stayed with you? Did they ever apologise? That's horrible.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CJKay)
    Amen!

I take it you're not into that sort of thing, but not even one of them stayed with you? Did they ever apologise? That's horrible.
    Nope, I was left all alone with a small bottle of Tiger Beer. That episode has caused me to lose respect for my classmates in all honesty.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I was left all alone with a small bottle of Tiger Beer. That episode has caused me to lose respect for my classmates in all honesty.
    I don't blame you, no doubt I'd feel the same. Doesn't sound like anybody here is having "the greatest time of your life" they advertised university as. :/
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CJKay)
    I don't blame you, no doubt I'd feel the same. Doesn't sound like anybody here is having "the greatest time of your life" they advertised university as. :/
    Yeah, school was better. So many memories and yet, I don't have a single good memory of first year (except the maths lectures as the lecturer is funny). I have countless stories of school that I can tell my future kids but not of uni, I'm afraid. Even going to club events might be overrated and that's coming from a long term dance music fan. Though in my experience, being sober among drunk people can be hilarious in the right context

ReputationRep:
    What's this?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.