Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcapsoccer)
    congrats!! when did you find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They sent an invite through the portal ages ago but I only opened it recently! It's in 12 hours so maybe I should be preparing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moo321)
    Are you a graduate applicant applying for the four year course?
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who has an interview, have you done any preparation work for the essay we have to write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWFC4life)
    They sent an invite through the portal ages ago but I only opened it recently! It's in 12 hours so maybe I should be preparing
    Congrats and good luck. Please share your experience with us after your interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megamanshah)
    For anyone who has an interview, have you done any preparation work for the essay we have to write?
    i've got my interview tomorrow and i've done no prep! you only have 15mins to write it, so although it may be an essay-style question, i doubt you'll have enough time to do an intro/conclusion in detail - just remember to spend two mins planning as well-structured answer is always better (!).

ReputationRep:
    at interview, are they more likely to ask you about general medicine in the news (e.g. new discoveries etc) or specific governmental health policies and their issues (e.g. the NHS reforms, NICE etc)? i don't know what to focus my study on!
    also, in addition to policies such as NICE, what are they likely to ask you about? help would be much appreciated, got my interview tomorrow ahh!

ReputationRep:
    What are the government health policies?

And can someone explain to me what NICE do? The info on the Internet seems unclear!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I just query what your stats are?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's 10A*s
    As. 4As
    Predicted 3A*s
    Ukcat. 750

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, don't want to sound to negative, but has anyone actually been rejected for undergrad entry yet?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's 10A*s
    As. 4As
    Predicted 3A*s
    Ukcat. 750

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We have the same stats haha! I've got an interview on the 16th

ReputationRep:
    Heard from so many people that Kings is being kicked out of the Russell group- just wondering if there is any truth in this and what every one knows about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lixto)
    at interview, are they more likely to ask you about general medicine in the news (e.g. new discoveries etc) or specific governmental health policies and their issues (e.g. the NHS reforms, NICE etc)? i don't know what to focus my study on!
    also, in addition to policies such as NICE, what are they likely to ask you about? help would be much appreciated, got my interview tomorrow ahh!
    I've researched NHS reforms and I think I understand those! NICE is quite confusing though really hoping I don't get asked about all that..
    I'm going through all standard questions and apparently they quiz you about your PS quite a bit!
    Best of luck with your interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kylesmiles)
    What are the government health policies?

And can someone explain to me what NICE do? The info on the Internet seems unclear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sorry in advance for the long post! its good interview prep for me to write it out too
    basically the whole point of NICE is that they maintain high standards of care by working with the NHS, the Care Quality Commission and Monitor (which monitors the standard of health care, if you hadn't guessed by the name...).their guidelines are based on evidence-based medicine. they regulate the use of finite sources within the NHS, and are responsible for the acceptance or rejection of new drugs within the NHS based on how economically beneficial they are - scandals concerning NICE include the fact that they don't allow some revolutionary drugs onto the NHS treatment plan on the grounds that they are too expensive.

the current government policies include:
    -health and social care act - increase competition to boost efficiency etc.
    -replacing PCTs by Clinical Commissioning Groups
    -introducing new bodies e.g. Monitor, National Commissioning Board (manage NHS), Health and Wellbeing Boards (oversee public health, run by local authorities and CCGs).

this is a really basic overview, but probably all you need to know to answer any question they throw at you! if i've got anything wrong, or there's anything to add, please do

ReputationRep:
    What are the chances?! There's a book written by ISC interview questions and answers second edition, having had my interview I can't disclose questions. However, that will really help and has all the bases covered

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interview for GEM at Kings! At least we know they're sending them out now! Good luck to everyone who has an interview

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone who's had an interview clarify whether it is a questionnaire or essay that we have to write on the day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shi_le)
    Interview for GEM at Kings! At least we know they're sending them out now! Good luck to everyone who has an interview
    Congrats - me too!!!!

Good luck and congratulations to anyone who has one, and fingers crossed to those waiting to hear

Just wondering for those that have heard - when you accepted the invitation, did it stay "greyed out" or did it return to being able to change the options??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam-jam)
    Congrats - me too!!!!

Good luck and congratulations to anyone who has one, and fingers crossed to those waiting to hear

Just wondering for those that have heard - when you accepted the invitation, did it stay "greyed out" or did it return to being able to change the options??
    it did that to me when i accepted - just look at the home page of the portal and it should say 'thank you for accepting our invitation' or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lixto)
    it did that to me when i accepted - just look at the home page of the portal and it should say 'thank you for accepting our invitation' or something like that
    just logged back in and it says that - thanks for the info

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.