Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyk89)
    Not for Leicester no, its about a 50 minute drive
    Oh that's good, do you know where to park?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunako T-T)
    Graduate and I have also applied to leeds, Aberdeen n Kings?
    What about you if don't mind me asking?
    I'm a graduate too. I've applied to Leicester, Bart's, & Dundee - all 5 year program. What was your undergrad in? What was your UKCAT score? Hopefully should get some news next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unnati212)
    I'm a graduate too. I've applied to Leicester, Bart's, & Dundee - all 5 year program. What was your undergrad in? What was your UKCAT score? Hopefully should get some news next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have applied all as an undergrad because graduate routes are hard to get in so I thought I might as well try my luck! My UKCAT score was not that good 655. I am also hoping to hear from any uni like next week. From what I heard from some people be prepare to wait till Feb/March. Here is where patiences plays a big role.

How did you do your UKCAT exams??

ReputationRep:
    I have applied all as an undergrad because graduate routes are hard to get in so I thought I might as well try my luck! My UKCAT score was not that good 655. I am also hoping to hear from any uni like next week. From what I heard from some people be prepare to wait till Feb/March. Here is where patiences plays a big role.

How did you do your UKCAT exams??
    My ukcat is 670, not so great either but I have a first class degree so I'm hoping it will compensate for it. Let's see. Oh I really hope we hear some good news next week. Normally I would say YAY it's Friday but for the past few weeks I've been saying why is it Friday?! I will have to wait 2 days until it's Monday again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_Kitch)

I have read the threads and found that you are one of lucky ones who got an interview invitation . Are u a grads or school leaver?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_Kitch)
    I'm going to get a lift in probably. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My ukcat is 670, not so great either but I have a first class degree so I'm hoping it will compensate for it. Let's see. Oh I really hope we hear some good news next week. Normally I would say YAY it's Friday but for the past few weeks I've been saying why is it Friday?! I will have to wait 2 days until it's Monday again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know the feeling of not knowing where your fate lies, it is just unbearable but it will pass and lets stay positive in the mean time. Do know how they are calculating the scores?

ReputationRep:
    59/60 pre-interview score, and haven't heard anything?... should I be worried...
    A-Levels achieved: A*A*A* (bio,chem and maths)
    AS'- abbb( +AS Physics)
    GCSEs: 4A*S,1A,3Dist*s
    UKCAT Score: 740 AVG (2960 Overall)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waheed786)
    59/60 pre-interview score, and haven't heard anything?... should I be worried...
    A-Levels achieved: A*A*A* (bio,chem and maths)
    AS'- abbb( +AS Physics)
    GCSEs: 4A*S,1A,3Dist*s
    UKCAT Score: 740 AVG (2960 Overall)
    Don't see why you should be. If you did get 59/60, they'll contact you eventually.

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling of not knowing where your fate lies, it is just unbearable but it will pass and lets stay positive in the mean time. Do know how they are calculating the scores?
    Yes I will send u the document when I get on my computer. It's just a little complicated for me with my weird route lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Don't see why you should be. If you did get 59/60, they'll contact you eventually.
    Just got rejected from St Andrews with these academics, yes, 3A*s and a rejection :s... nothing is certain at this point, even considering another Gap-year -_-...

any tips for interview?... how long do you reckon their interview-offer to interview-date period is?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes I will send u the document when I get on my computer. It's just a little complicated for me with my weird route lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long the interviews last?

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected from St Andrews with these academics, yes, 3A*s and a rejection :s... nothing is certain at this point, even considering another Gap-year -_-...

any tips for interview?... how long do you reckon their interview-offer to interview-date period is?

Thanks
    They've changed quite a bit since I applied many moons ago. The interview is in the MMI format so I'm clueless about that too. Offers usually come out around March time.

ReputationRep:
    I have read the threads and found that you are one of lucky ones who got an interview invitation . Are u a grads or school leaver?
    I am indeed! Feeling very grateful, I'm a graduate and only applied for their 4 year course

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kcl2009)
    You got rejected with those stats without an interview???!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From the TSR wiki
    St Andrews place the following weightings on the different areas of an application:
    50% Academic: competitive standards are 8 As at GCSE and predicted/achieved grades of A*AA (AAAAB at Higher and at least 2 A grade predictions for S6 study for Scottish applicants). Those with achieved grades will score higher, giving re-applicants an advantage.
    15% UKCAT: a cut-off score is operated, based on the international average (usually around 615-625). The UKCAT is also used alongside all other data to rank applicants after interview, where the average UKCAT score for successful applicants for 2012 entry was 675.
    15% Personal statement and reference.
    20% Interview.

Sure they would get max marks on Academic, doesn't guarantee the best ukcat or PS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kcl2009)
    You got rejected with those stats without an interview???!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    YES!! *Shocked*!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crusaderofdeath)
    From the TSR wiki
    St Andrews place the following weightings on the different areas of an application:
    50% Academic: competitive standards are 8 As at GCSE and predicted/achieved grades of A*AA (AAAAB at Higher and at least 2 A grade predictions for S6 study for Scottish applicants). Those with achieved grades will score higher, giving re-applicants an advantage.
    15% UKCAT: a cut-off score is operated, based on the international average (usually around 615-625). The UKCAT is also used alongside all other data to rank applicants after interview, where the average UKCAT score for successful applicants for 2012 entry was 675.
    15% Personal statement and reference.
    20% Interview.

Sure they would get max marks on Academic, doesn't guarantee the best ukcat or PS
    With all due respect, I don't think simply reading a tsr wiki puts you in an adequate position to come to a conclusion as to why I was rejected Sir.

My UKCAT was 740 AVG (far higher than the global average of high 600ish), my reference and PS were REALLY good.

Thus giving me a good score for 30% of admission process (ref/ps +UKCAT)

...this leaves the other 50% (pre-interview score) from Academics, I think it may have been b/c of my 3 dist*s at GCSE not being considered as 'GCSEs' b/c they were BTECs thereby giving me only 5A*/As and therefore not providing me with a 'competitive' GCSE academic score (of minimum 8As) and despite getting 3A*s at A-Level I think my overall academic score was pushed down b/c of the GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    With all due respect, I don't think simply reading a tsr wiki puts you in an adequate position to come to a conclusion as to why I was rejected Sir.

My UKCAT was 740 AVG (far higher than the global average of high 600ish), my reference and PS were REALLY good.

Thus giving me a good score for 30% of admission process (ref/ps +UKCAT)

...this leaves the other 50% (pre-interview score) from Academics, I think it may have been b/c of my 3 dist*s at GCSE not being considered as 'GCSEs' b/c they were BTECs thereby giving me only 5A*/As and therefore not providing me with a 'competitive' GCSE academic score (of minimum 8As) and despite getting 3A*s at A-Level I think my overall academic score was pushed down b/c of the GCSEs
    I was just basing on the fact you stated you have 3 A*s and the person who followed up made it sound as if that is a sure fire way into medicine. Without previously stating UKCAT and GCSEs, I was providing potentials flaws in "You got rejected with those stats without an interview???!" when you only mentioned your A levels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.