The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xeez96
when they say "BBC including chem+bio" do they mean you need a B in both bio and chem or could you get the C in one of them so long as you've taken both subjects to A level? It's a bit confusing.

Also, do you think they'll look at how many AS modules you have retaken during A2? As in, if I retake both of my chem AS modules will this matter?

Im assuming so, on my UCAS it says; BBC in Chem, Biol and History, im not 100% certain though.
And I've resat both chem units so don't worry about that :smile:
If you need anything else i'd be happy to help
Original post by hollie.p
Im assuming so, on my UCAS it says; BBC in Chem, Biol and History, im not 100% certain though.

Thanks for your reply!
D'you think that if I could get an A in psychology, B in bio and C in chem they'd consider me or must I have the 2 B's in chem and bio? I really think that I should call them up and find out
Original post by xeez96
Thanks for your reply!
D'you think that if I could get an A in psychology, B in bio and C in chem they'd consider me or must I have the 2 B's in chem and bio? I really think that I should call them up and find out

No worries :smile:
I think calling them up and finding out just to clarify is your best option, just so you know 100%
Original post by xeez96
Thanks for your reply!

Yep thats fine :smile:

Original post by xeez96
when they say "BBC including chem+bio" do they mean you need a B in both bio and chem or could you get the C in one of them so long as you've taken both subjects to A level? It's a bit confusing.

Also, do you think they'll look at how many AS modules you have retaken during A2? As in, if I retake both of my chem AS modules will this matter?

They don't care about AS retakes.
BBC can be in any subjects, as long as you get BBC or above and it includes the subjects they ask for.

Original post by hollie.p

Nah they don't care what grades you get for each subject as long as you have BBC overall.
Nah they don't care what grades you get for each subject as long as you have BBC overall.

Thanks for the info - that's a bit of a relief! Also, does having a fourth subject up to AS count? I have a random A grade in French lol. It seems so pointless to me now
Original post by xeez96

Thanks for the info - that's a bit of a relief! Also, does having a fourth subject up to AS count? I have a random A grade in French lol. It seems so pointless to me now

Nope. They're not interested in AS grades at all for BM6. BM5 yes you need AAAa (3 Alevels and an AS) but not BM6.
Rejecting my waiting list place so good luck everyone!
Original post by Joanne9495
Rejecting my waiting list place so good luck everyone!

Why? Good luck though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medicjug
Why? Good luck though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an offer for Aberdeen so I'll be heading there. I'm Scottish so a lot cheaper for me! :smile:
Do places usually get confirmed on results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bueno786

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.
Original post by Bueno786

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi just a quick question. for BM6 when do you apply. just a little confused whether its different for this particular course.
i've just finished my first year of college. i want to apply for the BM6 course but not sure when to apply. is there a different date for this particular course.
Original post by nahimwahid123
i've just finished my first year of college. i want to apply for the BM6 course but not sure when to apply. is there a different date for this particular course.

This course has the same deadline as all medicine courses - Oct 15th
Good luck all!
met my offer! i'm absolutely chuffed!!
Original post by Hamzah Amir Khan

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WELCOME TO THE BM6 FAMILY! ^_^

How are you celebrating?
Original post by Hamzah Amir Khan

Yay, congratulations!
Hi guys

I got 4A*'s, 4A's and 3B's at GCSE

I'm doing chemistry, biology, maths and history for AS which I got B,B,A,D in.

Retaking history so I can push it up to the B.

I'm definitely not eligible for the 5 year because all medical schools require a B for the dropped AS level.

I'm predicted A, A, B and the retake of history would bring that up to a b.

I've had much work experience and volunteering.

I haven't done the UkCAT yet.

What do you think?

Am I eligible for the programme.

I will also be applying to the 6 year schemes at Kings, Nottingham and Queen Mary. (I may change Nottingham to UEA)

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Hi guys

I got 4A*'s, 4A's and 3B's at GCSE

I'm doing chemistry, biology, maths and history for AS which I got B,B,A,D in.

Retaking history so I can push it up to the B.

I'm definitely not eligible for the 5 year because all medical schools require a B for the dropped AS level.

I'm predicted A, A, B and the retake of history would bring that up to a b.

I've had much work experience and volunteering.

I haven't done the UkCAT yet.

What do you think?

Am I eligible for the programme.

I will also be applying to the 6 year schemes at Kings, Nottingham and Queen Mary. (I may change Nottingham to UEA)

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you meet the socioeconomic criteria, yeah!