Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    I am, I'm coming up on the 4th too because it's a 4 hour drive.

Hey guys, I'm applying for chemical engineering with year in industry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    appied for chemical engineering with business management got an unconditional offer r u going for university accomadation ?? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dipansh)
    appied for chemical engineering with business management got an unconditional offer r u going for university accomadation ?? :O
    Hiya! Unconditional, oh my gosh that's amazing! I applied for ChemEng MEng with Industry, and my offer was AAA. I'm firming Manchester and yes I'll soon apply for accommodation- ideally in Fallowfield campus but I don't know where - you?

ReputationRep:
    anyone else for chemical engineering or opted for oak house??

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! Unconditional, oh my gosh that's amazing! I applied for ChemEng MEng with Industry, and my offer was AAA. I'm firming Manchester and yes I'll soon apply for accommodation- ideally in Fallowfield campus but I don't know where - you?
    i have applied for oak house in fallowfield campus i heard it has an amazing social life and it is really close to the artimage sports complex

ReputationRep:
    i have applied for oak house in fallowfield campus i heard it has an amazing social life and it is really close to the artimage sports complex
    I like the sound of Oak House, it's really cheap and it's supposed to be pretty social! The only thing is that it doesn't have a en suite which I would have preferred but I might put it down as a choice. Have you seen what the rooms at Oak House are like? And do you know how many people roughly live there?

ReputationRep:
    I like the sound of Oak House, it's really cheap and it's supposed to be pretty social! The only thing is that it doesn't have a en suite which I would have preferred but I might put it down as a choice. Have you seen what the rooms at Oak House are like? And do you know how many people roughly live there?
    yup i have seen the rooms of oak house on a thread ... a current student had posted a video of the rooms ... ya it didnt have ensuite but there are many drawbacks of ensuite as the bathrooms are to be cleaned by the students themselves .. and a flat roughly has 8 students 4 boys and 4 girls i guess and a common kitchen and a dining area D

ReputationRep:
    yup i have seen the rooms of oak house on a thread ... a current student had posted a video of the rooms ... ya it didnt have ensuite but there are many drawbacks of ensuite as the bathrooms are to be cleaned by the students themselves .. and a flat roughly has 8 students 4 boys and 4 girls i guess and a common kitchen and a dining area D
    Ooh sounds great!
    8 students sounds ideal to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Ooh sounds great!
    8 students sounds ideal to be honest
    yup i thought likewise if u have got any important info .. plzz update me tooo thanxx :P

ReputationRep:
    yup i thought likewise if u have got any important info .. plzz update me tooo thanxx :P
    I shall do!

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of firming Manchester for Chemistry. I really liked the uni!

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone offer me some advice? Bristol, Manchester or Birmingham for Finance/Economics? Applying for City University but I might not get it as they don't seem to be in favour of a diploma from Singapore. I graduated with a Diploma in Banking & Finance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makrxx)
    Could anyone offer me some advice? Bristol, Manchester or Birmingham for Finance/Economics? Applying for City University but I might not get it as they don't seem to be in favour of a diploma from Singapore. I graduated with a Diploma in Banking & Finance.
    Any of them - they're all fantastic universities in great cities. Have you had a look at the modules on each course. Which do you prefer?

Only thing I will add is that Manchester is probably the best know university internationally

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makrxx)
    Any of them - they're all fantastic universities in great cities. Have you had a look at the modules on each course. Which do you prefer?

Only thing I will add is that Manchester is probably the best know university internationally

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    SpeechandLanguageTherapy: Interview: evie_, Amy-3, evantej

Hi, I've got a confirmed place for Speech and Language Therapy this September

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Biomedical Sciences this September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbenzene)
    Got an offer for Biomedical Sciences this September
    Same! Have you applied for accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    2 months since a reply from manchester for accounting and finance hope to hear something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer from Manchester - they require me to get 7.0 on IELTS and 5,5,4,4 on my AP tests.

My situation is a bit confusing because I'm taking two qualifications at the same time; I'll get a Turkish High School Diploma this June and sit American AP tests in May. To make it even more complicated, I sat one AP test and a few SAT Subject tests last year, which are accepted by many British universities including Oxford, but not by Manchester. I got offers from Bristol and Nottingham so far; the former accepted me unconditionally based on my SAT scores while the latter asked for a minimal diploma grade. I'm taking AP tests this year because my top choices, UCL and KCL, don't recognise my other qualifications. Ironically, my very last choice has sent the most demanding offer so far.

By the way, I already met Manchester's English proficiency requirement with my TOEFL score of 108, but they still want me to waste hundreds of pounds and valuable time by taking IELTS. Honestly I couldn't care less because I'll end up declining their offer anyway.

My apologies for the tone of this message, I'm frustrated.

ReputationRep:
    Depending on how my open day at Leeds goes, i will probably be firming Manchester for history.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby2)
    I'm thinking of firming Manchester for Chemistry. I really liked the uni!
    Wheyy, I'm also for Chemistry (with a year in industry). Don't know whether to firm it or not though, because I really like Sheffield too... but Manchester's offer is higher! Stuck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.