The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

First year of getting results super nervous. Sat 8 nat 5's and messed up in 3 exams so fingers crossed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
Nope. I only did that once for fourth year results. I got my results by email automatically for Highers and AHs

Posted from TSR Mobile

What you mean is what i tried to get across haha, I'm too tired! :frown:
Original post by cookiepink
First year of getting results super nervous. Sat 8 nat 5's and messed up in 3 exams so fingers crossed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure you'll do great buddy - best of luck for the next few hours!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will be fine. What did you mess up one.
I think i messed up on english. My essay didn't flow right but hopefully i think i did the scottish text section was ok.
Reply 1104
Original post by Larissa14
what nat 5 subjects did you take?
Most people hear seemed to get them at 2ish. Just a guess though

English, Maths, Business Management, Modern Studies, History, Biology, Chemistry and Spanish.

Presuming you have taken national fives as well, what have you all got?

Being the first year is making it slightly worse for me just now:frown:

Original post by mobbsy91

Officially, between 1am and 9am, and the order of people receiving them is random!

As above for emails..

Thanks!
Good night everyone and good luck
I think i messed up on english. My essay didn't flow right but hopefully i think i did the scottish text section was ok.

I messed up on the poetry bit. The poem I did not expect to come up unfortunately came up :frown: close reading was meh as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1107

I didn't feel like I messed up, I just thought it was pretty bad:confused:
Original post by scotland101
Good night everyone and good luck

night buddy - good luck
Sure you'll do great buddy - best of luck for the next few hours!

Thanks a bunch! You too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks a bunch! You too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not getting results buddy, just here to help out with Results day!
As I said, best of luck!
I'm not getting results buddy, just here to help out with Results day!
As I said, best of luck!

Oops my bad! But thank you once again :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Euan29
English, Maths, Business Management, Modern Studies, History, Biology, Chemistry and Spanish.

Presuming you have taken national fives as well, what have you all got?

Being the first year is making it slightly worse for me just now:frown:

Thanks!

English, Maths, Modern Studies, Biology, Health & Food Technology, Geography and i also did Nat 4 German :smile:

Mods was scary. Opened up the paper in the 1st exam i ever took and i didn't know how to answer the question. I made something up though so hope it's all good. Rest of exam was good
Best of luck everyone, how're you all feeling about tomorrow? :smile:
Original post by GeschichteJunge
Preach it, I nearly spewed when I saw that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry if that came across that way. I really just wanted to explain why the boundaries shifted and that they quals you're sitting are robust. I'll loosen up a bit next time!
I messed up on the poetry bit. The poem I did not expect to come up unfortunately came up :frown: close reading was meh as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just hated how it was on tiger moms. They are the worst kind of parents. lol. You wouldn't want to have a tiger mom.
Close reading is always boring. Not good at it
Original post by TheFOMaster
I'm really worried about my results tomorrow now guys. They're gonna start coming in about 10 minutes and I really think I'm gonna fail about 5 of my 7 nat5's which basically means my life is over. What hurts even more is the fact that I go to a private school and my parents told me they sent me there to buy my grades but I've failed them by putting in not as much effort as I should have. I want to go on and study Medicine, but I think I've completely bombed English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Luckily, I'm rather sure of my A's in Cake decorating and Geography. I just really need help calming down. Is anyone else as nervous as I am????????!??!??!??!?!? lololol

Hey, try not to worry about them too much - they should be coming in from 1am...
If you wanna talk about it the let me know, but really try not to worry too much. We are all here to help you once you get your results!

Best of luck
I'mma gonna go to bed. I'll be waking up tomorrow to watch the football I've recorded while scrolling through this thread at all your amazing results :biggrin: While, of course, I wait for my own in the post :redface:
Original post by TheFOMaster
I'm really worried about my results tomorrow now guys. They're gonna start coming in about 10 minutes and I really think I'm gonna fail about 5 of my 7 nat5's which basically means my life is over. What hurts even more is the fact that I go to a private school and my parents told me they sent me there to buy my grades but I've failed them by putting in not as much effort as I should have. I want to go on and study Medicine, but I think I've completely bombed English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Luckily, I'm rather sure of my A's in Cake decorating and Geography. I just really need help calming down. Is anyone else as nervous as I am????????!??!??!??!?!? lololol

I really hated the map question in geography. I opened it up and it as like just cliffs and forests :frown: It was for limestone if you if that
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Hi Sam! :yes: I'll be here all evening if you have any questions. Whatever happens, there's loads of us here to help you regardless of what results you get :biggrin: a Which Nationals/Highers are you studying? :smile: :yes: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's kind of you, but like you I'm not sitting any results. I represent SQA online and I'm here to help as well! At this rate there'll be more helpers that students. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending