Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaXDXD)
    Hi everyone, I've just found out my FSAC date for HR is on the 24th of February. Has anybody else been given that date? x
    I have my FSAC that day too!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for the FSAC on 27th jan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pio83)
    Anyone for the FSAC on 27th jan?
    Nearly. Anyone else for 26th Jan ????

ReputationRep:
    Any FSAC on 9th January?

ReputationRep:
    I completed the generalist E-tray at 4pm today. Does anybody know roughly how long to wait before I can assume that I havent got straight through and have to wait until December?

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard and did mine last Saturday (so almost 8 days). I think most of the successful people have heard within a few working days, sometimes hours (I heard within 4 hours of doing my other tests, email came through at 11pm on a Saturday night!) so for now no news is good news but am I right thinking that if we were only one mark off we would hear more quickly than if right in the middle!? That was my understanding of the "progressively informed" info on the welcome screen.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting to hear results of online tests for the European stream... i'm through to assessment centre for generalist in Feb, but still don't know if I passed the verbal and numerical for EFS. Anyone else the same?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I read somewhere that during the interview we won't be tested on the competencies themselves but instead will be tested n the sub competencies that form them. Does anybody know where I can find information on what the sub competencies are? Also does anyone know if they also ask you standardinterview questions along with the competency based questions?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I won't be applying until next year but have a question now...

I'm quite keen to get on to the Houses of Parliament fast stream (or if not try to get one of the non-fast stream graduate jobs that Parliament offer - i.e. Library clerk). In January I might have the opportunity to intern in Parliament as part of my undergraduate course, but this would be for a party. Would this count against me by undermining my neutrality if I then apply for jobs in the parliamentary service?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'd appreciate any advice on a small dilemma...

I started a job recently, and so the details of it aren't on the online form I sent off. My FSAC is at the end of January. Do you reckon I should contact Parity to ask them if they can let me update the form? Or should I bring it up on the day instead?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

It's mostly competency based but you do get asked a couple of other qs - e.g. what you're doing at the moment, why you applied for the stream that you did.

That's just my experience from last year - definitely mostly competency.

(Original post by savdahn)
    Hey guys,

I read somewhere that during the interview we won't be tested on the competencies themselves but instead will be tested n the sub competencies that form them. Does anybody know where I can find information on what the sub competencies are? Also does anyone know if they also ask you standardinterview questions along with the competency based questions?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just completed my online application forms on Thursday, do you know how long it takes to get an invitation for the E-tray assessment and whether it is possible to be unsuccessful at this stage?? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how they allocate FSAC dates? Is there any rationale behind it?

Also, as job offers following FSAC are sometimes not made until March or April for those who are amber banded, what do people do if they have already been offered a graduate scheme place elsewhere...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snorkeltovictory)
    Hi all,

I'd appreciate any advice on a small dilemma...

I started a job recently, and so the details of it aren't on the online form I sent off. My FSAC is at the end of January. Do you reckon I should contact Parity to ask them if they can let me update the form? Or should I bring it up on the day instead?
    Contact Parity if you want but I doubt it will be a big issue. In previous years, the FSAC assessors didn't have your form anyway, they knew nothing about you other than your name.

ReputationRep:
    What's going on with the online tests been waiting for several weeks now does this mean that I have already been filtered out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    What's going on with the online tests been waiting for several weeks now does this mean that I have already been filtered out?
    You might not receive your results until after everyone has sat their tests! Patience...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat.lev)
    You might not receive your results until after everyone has sat their tests! Patience...
    Thanks but some people have gotten their results early though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Thanks but some people have gotten their results early though.
    It depends on your score-if you don't meet the immediately successful score then you may have to wait for the end (Dec). Those who hear straight away are those that have got a pretty high score and already have FSAC dates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jo131278)
    Those who hear straight away are those that have got a pretty high score and already have FSAC dates.
    Or low scores...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GManTheGMan)
    Or low scores...
    True. I was trying to stay positive due to the OP not been given an unsuccessful yet, I'm not waiting but would have to stay positive if I was. People were not joking when they said it can feel like a very long process The waiting must be torture for people.

I'm looking forward to seeing the assessment centre in my orientation on 1st Dec to set the ball rolling and then another 8 week wait

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.