The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medicjug
I think it's p

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not :frown:. I've done both parts and I know part a is correct because that's just standard stuff but I only got one solution to part b and I'm not sure if that the only solution (I've checked and it works though). I need to find that mark scheme

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. I got 1 out of the 3 solutions ugh I guess I would've got maybe 4/6 marks? I really need to stop losing easy marks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nurishment
It's not :frown:. I've done both parts and I know part a is correct because that's just standard stuff but I only got one solution to part b and I'm not sure if that the only solution (I've checked and it works though). I need to find that mark scheme

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. I got 1 out of the 3 solutions ugh I guess I would've got maybe 4/6 marks? I really need to stop losing easy marks.

Yeah same I got two out the three and missed the last one. Such a silly mistake

Posted from TSR Mobile

these are not easy marks ...
the IYGB papers are very "exotic" ...
they will destroy the weak ...
they will dwarf the arrogant...
they will challenge the very able.
Original post by TeeEm
these are not easy marks ...
the IYGB papers are very "exotic" ...
they will destroy the weak ...
they will dwarf the arrogant...
they will challenge the very able.

:bhangra: Sorry Based God TeeEm. I was foolish and arrogant in my choice of words.

Edit: I just tried paper z... got stuck on the first question :frown: rip
(edited 8 years ago)
what proofing things do we need to know for the exam ?
:bhangra: Sorry Based God TeeEm. I was foolish and arrogant in my choice of words.

There is nothing to be sorry about ...
I am just stating the rationale when I sat down to write these papers ...
image.jpgCould someone please show me how to do 7b, couldnt really understand examsolutions method for this one😩
Original post by Medicjug
Thanksss everyone. How would writing it in cosP+cosQ help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cos(2x-α)-cos(x)=0=-2sin((3x-α)/2)sin((x-α)/2)

Then you solve sin(x-α)/2)=0 and sin(3x-α)/2)=0
Original post by curtiscowan10
image.jpgCould someone please show me how to do 7b, couldnt really understand examsolutions method for this one😩

Here you go, hope this helps! Let me know if you have any problems!
IMG_8589.jpg
Original post by curtiscowan10

Edit: Solution above ^

It's just simple use of the chain rule and the given equation and co-ordinates. Simple C1 - C2 work (in terms of working out the normal, finding an equation etc.)

I hope this helps (where I have drawn an arrow and my writing is cut off, I just said "this is the final answer but I like to simplify ^^":wink:.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pswindon
IMG_8589.jpg

Oh darn, you beat me to it :tongue:
Edit: and yours is neater than mine too. It's a pity I have been damned with bad handwriting but as long as the examiners can read it :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
does anyone know of any tough C3 questions that have popped up in the past?
IMG_8589.jpg

Perfect thank you!!
Reply 1113
Are there any predicted papers for edexcel like the GCSE student have?
IMG_8589.jpg

could you have also done quotient rule ?
Original post by Maths degree
could you have also done quotient rule ?

You couldn't have since the differential of 5 is 0 and you would've ended up with a differential of the whole equation as 0.
IMG_8589.jpg

By the way, not sure if you rushed it or misread but your equation at the end is slightly wrong. It should be y+(5/2) = 4/15(x+1), not y-(5/2)=4/15(x+1)
You couldn't have since the differential of 5 is 0 and you would've ended up with a differential of the whole equation as 0.

No, as there are two parts to the numerator with the quotient rule. The quotient rule is just a special case of the product rule
Original post by Gome44
No, as there are two parts to the numerator with the quotient rule. The quotient rule is just a special case of the product rule

Can you do the question (with working) using the quotient rule and post it please?
Can you do the question (with working) using the quotient rule and post it please?

Yep, one sec

Latest

Trending

Trending