The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J3SS742
I guess Pembroke is a reasonably small college :smile: Ooh wow, Chinese must be so interesting! What made you want to apply for chinese if you don't mind me asking? :smile: I've got an offer for Biochemistry!

Yeah, i think it is quite small :tongue: Ahh well i've been learning it since i was quite young and I just really enjoy it, typical story ahah! Yeah Chinese is incredible, I love it
Oh nice :biggrin:
Was pembroke your first choice of college?
Law with French Law at Pembroke! Did you guys all apply to pembroke?
Reply 1102
Original post by J3SS742
I guess Pembroke is a reasonably small college :smile: Ooh wow, Chinese must be so interesting! What made you want to apply for chinese if you don't mind me asking? :smile: I've got an offer for Biochemistry!

Great I have a biochemistry offer too, but my college is Exeter. So tell me what is the thing that made you select biochemistry over the other courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by afterallthistime
Yeah, i think it is quite small :tongue: Ahh well i've been learning it since i was quite young and I just really enjoy it, typical story ahah! Yeah Chinese is incredible, I love it
Oh nice :biggrin:
Was pembroke your first choice of college?

Ooh wow lucky you, I would've loved to learn Chinese haha! :smile:
Yeah Pembroke was my first choice, I just looked around and thought it was beautiful! What about you? :biggrin:
Original post by sgk286
Great I have a biochemistry offer too, but my college is Exeter. So tell me what is the thing that made you select biochemistry over the other courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh congratulations! :smile: hmm not sure, I just really like the whole 'how things work on a molecular level in the body' thing and I'm obsessed by genetics haha,plus I like that it's quite a broad course at first :biggrin: what about you, why did you choose biochemistry? :smile:
Reply 1105
Original post by J3SS742
Ooh congratulations! :smile: hmm not sure, I just really like the whole 'how things work on a molecular level in the body' thing and I'm obsessed by genetics haha,plus I like that it's quite a broad course at first :biggrin: what about you, why did you choose biochemistry? :smile:

At first, I was confused between biomedical sciences and biochemistry and to some extent medicine, but my interests were more in metabolic reactions in all living things not just the human body so I chose biochemistry and hopefully this may help me become a researcher and scientist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J3SS742
Ooh wow lucky you, I would've loved to learn Chinese haha! :smile:
Yeah Pembroke was my first choice, I just looked around and thought it was beautiful! What about you? :biggrin:

Yeah it was my first choice too! It seems like a really friendly college, and its not too huge and imposing haha :smile:
Original post by sgk286
At first, I was confused between biomedical sciences and biochemistry and to some extent medicine, but my interests were more in metabolic reactions in all living things not just the human body so I chose biochemistry and hopefully this may help me become a researcher and scientist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I looked at biomed too! Ahh yeah metabolic reactions are really interesting :smile: yeah I think Biochemistry is probably a very good degree in terms of career opportunities (hopefully!) :biggrin:
Yeah it was my first choice too! It seems like a really friendly college, and its not too huge and imposing haha :smile:

That's absolutely what I thought as well! :smile:
I'm far from going to university, but I just wanted to say a quick well done to all of you in this thread! You must all be amazing to get an offer from Oxford, so a massive congratulations!! I know I'm late but I figured the realisation of your offer must still be sinking in haha:biggrin:
Anyone going to Pembroke out there?

I'm going to Pembroke :smile: Spanish and Arabic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else here thinking of applying to the MPLS Bridging Programme?
Original post by Chlorophile

What is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1113
Original post by tosocarolina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arabic, that's interesting, my first language is arabic. Do you have some knowledge of it or are you going to learn it from the beginning?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am. If I get the grades for Oxford I want to spend as much as time as possible there
Original post by sgk286
Arabic, that's interesting, my first language is arabic. Do you have some knowledge of it or are you going to learn it from the beginning?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to learn it from scratch, I only know a couple of words, the basic ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by powelsmartin

It's a bridging course (I think a bit like a top-up or refresher for maths and science to get everyone back to scratch before term starts) that they're offering to offer-holders from certain science courses.
Original post by tosocarolina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice :smile: I'm doing Chinese!
It's a bridging course (I think a bit like a top-up or refresher for maths and science to get everyone back to scratch before term starts) that they're offering to offer-holders from certain science courses.

Ah, I see! Is there one for PPE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by powelsmartin
Ah, I see! Is there one for PPE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, sorry! This is organised by the MPSL department, I don't know if there's an equivalent thing for PPE. I think the point of it is to make sure that science students haven't forgotten basic stuff over the break (which I think would probably be less of an issue for the humanities) but if there is one and you qualify, I'm sure they'll let you know. I was emailed about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending