Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivngForSummer)
    There should be no such thing as private/public schools.
    So who or what will own them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faxensis)
    So who or what will own them?
    The state of course! I already put this view forward a while back nice to hear someone who agrees!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    9/11 was staged by the US government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    9/11 was staged by the US government.

Anything to back your view?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazar)
    Is it murder if a woman has her period without getting pregnant?
    Nope it's genetically hers. The fetus is not. It's not her life to chose on. I believe in suicide so she can make that decision of she wants but she can't directly take someone else's life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickierose21)
    Nope it's genetically hers. The fetus is not. It's not her life to chose on. I believe in suicide so she can make that decision of she wants but she can't directly take someone else's life.
    So is it murder if she has protected sex with a man and doesn't get pregnant as a result? What about if she knows she's going to get pregnant but commits suicide for unrelated reasons just before the egg is fertilised? Also, do you realise that by making abortion illegal, you would be giving pregnant women less bodily autonomy than a corpse?

ReputationRep:
    So is it murder if she has protected sex with a man and doesn't get pregnant as a result? What about if she knows she's going to get pregnant but commits suicide for unrelated reasons just before the egg is fertilised? Also, do you realise that by making abortion illegal, you would be giving pregnant women less bodily autonomy than a corpse?
    No because before its fertilized its genetically hers. As long it is her Dan it is her body otherwise it's not and not her right to kill it.

And also do you realize legalizing abortion kills millions of children?

I suppose the inconvenience on women is more important than children being murdered for other people's problems.

ReputationRep:
    No because before its fertilized its genetically hers. As long it is her Dan it is her body otherwise it's not and not her right to kill it.

And also do you realize legalizing abortion kills millions of children?

I suppose the inconvenience on women is more important than children being murdered for other people's problems.
    No. Legalising abortion kills millions of foetuses that would have been unwanted children and would have led miserable lives or been abandoned or killed once they were born, not to mention the cases where the foetus is aborted because carrying it would kill the mother. Our orphanages are already bursting at the seams; we don't need any more children that are unwanted and liable to be abandoned.

Lets say two people are at the top of a building and you're standing at the bottom. One is holding a baby; the other, a foetus in a petri dish. They drop both the baby and the foetus at exactly the same time. You can only save one. Which do you choose?

ReputationRep:
    No. Legalising abortion kills millions of foetuses that would have been unwanted children and would have led miserable lives or been abandoned or killed once they were born, not to mention the cases where the foetus is aborted because carrying it would kill the mother. Our orphanages are already bursting at the seams; we don't need any more children that are unwanted and liable to be abandoned.

Lets say two people are at the top of a building and you're standing at the bottom. One is holding a baby; the other, a foetus in a petri dish. They drop both the baby and the foetus at exactly the same time. You can only save one. Which do you choose?
    im not talking about life and death situations.

You have no right to judge someone else's life to say they don't deserve to live that's not your business nor your place or anyone's for that matter. You come off as very judgemental and supremacist.

I'd save whoever could be saved. They are both lives both children. I don't see one as not worth saving sorry but it shows how lacking you are that you do. You lack compassion and a moral compass.

ReputationRep:
    Also we'd have more money to go to children finding families and the like if we changed different laws like killing murderers quickly and putting illegals in their country effectively etc. it wor free up a lot of money for other resources like the foster care system etc.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Also we'd have more money to go to children finding families and the like if we changed different laws like killing murderers quickly and putting illegals in their country effectively etc. it wor free up a lot of money for other resources like the foster care system etc.
    The death penalty costs more than keeping someone in prison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    The death penalty costs more than keeping someone in prison.
    No it doesn't one bullet for every criminal by obviously sharp shooters. Like that Russian serial killer perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who wishes to reproduce should pass an exam on gynecology, urology and obstetrics to see if they are eligible for reproduction. Asexual humans are free from the exam of course. If the exam is failed they will be allowed to retake the exam in a year.

I hate seeing people reproduce and not knowing what happens.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    No it doesn't one bullet for every criminal by obviously sharp shooters. Like that Russian serial killer perfect.
    Yes it does. By the time you include the appeals and having to have somewhere to house those on death row. And what happens if they're later found innocent? Read up on cases such as Timothy Evans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Yes it does. By the time you include the appeals and having to have somewhere to house those on death row. And what happens if they're later found innocent? Read up on cases such as Timothy Evans.
    Man is fallible so that happens whether they're put to death or in prison. And appeals should have a 2 year cap that's it. It's very inexpensive as long as it's done the right way fast and efficiently.

ReputationRep:
    im not talking about life and death situations.

You have no right to judge someone else's life to say they don't deserve to live that's not your business nor your place or anyone's for that matter. You come off as very judgemental and supremacist.

I'd save whoever could be saved. They are both lives both children. I don't see one as not worth saving sorry but it shows how lacking you are that you do. You lack compassion and a moral compass.
    I'm not "supremacist" at all, and I don't see how you got that impression. I myself suffer from a genetically inherited disability. You are the one who is advocating the removal of rights from everyone who can reproduce, just because of your own misperception that a foetus is the same as a child. Would you also ban abortion if the pregnancy was a result of rape?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not "supremacist" at all, and I don't see how you got that impression. I myself suffer from a genetically inherited disability. You are the one who is advocating the removal of rights from everyone who can reproduce, just because of your own misperception that a foetus is the same as a child. Would you also ban abortion if the pregnancy was a result of rape?
    No you're removing the right of other people for the convenience of someone else. No one has a right to take a life of someone who has done nothing to them. You get what you earn. And a child never earns that.

and a fetus is a child. As anyone under 18 is considered a child.

ReputationRep:
    You are a supremacist by saying someone does not deserve to live simply because you think theirnlife isn't worth living. Well thank GOD you're not living it but that gives you no right to say someone else's life is not worth living. That's a messed up way of thinking and show you have a lot missing and the qualities to make a healthy psychopath as you are so egocentric.

ReputationRep:
    Black people should be wary of whites...

ReputationRep:
    - Multiculturalism has failed.

- Degree level education isn't the only key to success and isn't always 'worth it'.

- There is a time and a place for animal testing.

- I put stock in some gender roles.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.