Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can a 12 maker come up on 'influence of research into attachment and day care'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GelukkigChloe)
    It is very unlikely. There isn't enough criticisms for them or enough content.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It could still come up. You would have to talk about all the memory strategies (or some in good detail) to build enough content and evaluate them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraahaley)
    Clive Wearing lost his declarative memory but still had his procedural memory ( he remembered how to play the piano) This suggests that LTM can be separated into two further unit stores
    Is declarative memory the same as episodic memory?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, would you still get marks in evaluation if you spoke about validity and ethics of a procedure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GelukkigChloe)
    You don't need to know the studies. You just state that 'the capacity of STM is 7+-2 items'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You do need to know the studies. The question could up up in any form such as: 'Outline one study that discuss the capacity of LTM'. Answer: Wagenaar (1986) Tested himself on recall of 2,400 events in a diary over 6 years and found recall to be excellend suggesting the LTM is capacity is extremely large.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cfb4)
    Guys, would you still get marks in evaluation if you spoke about validity and ethics of a procedure
    Yes, that would be evaluating the study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    Yes, that would be evaluating the study
    Ok cool, I just wanted to make sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cfb4)
    Of course! Talking about ecological validity/ population validity and ethical issues are some of the easiest eval points, definitely use them!!!

ReputationRep:
    Really hoping daycare doesn't come up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rswk)
    When answering the question on misleading information on EWT, is one research study enough for a 12 marker?
    If it says 'one or more' always try and do the more. That was the 12 marker on May 2014 wasnt it?
    I'm hoping for the Cognitive Interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cfb4)

I think so! If you cant remember evaluation, think about the methodology - Lab experiment for example so low ecological validity, demand characteristics etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerwolf96)
    If it says 'one or more' always try and do the more. That was the 12 marker on May 2014 wasnt it?
    I'm hoping for the Cognitive Interview
    I'd like that one too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rswk)
    Really hoping daycare doesn't come up!

Daycare hasn't come up in years. It's likely it will be in the exam in a few hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.Edres)
    Can a 12 maker come up on 'influence of research into attachment and day care'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe not with exactly that wording, but something along those lines. Especially with daycare as it hasn't been in exam papers for a few years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rswk)
    I'd like that one too!

It sounds sad, but I always remember it because at the time we were learning it, I was watching a TV series - 'The Fall' and The first episode of the series had the cognitive interview in it.

ReputationRep:
    Daycare hasn't come up in years. It's likely it will be in the exam in a few hours

*Quickly flicks through revision guide*
    Clarke-Stewart
    and the NICHD ones usually right?

Sometimes Scarr with the factors for good day care

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not with exactly that wording, but something along those lines. Especially with daycare as it hasn't been in exam papers for a few years
    what research would be used here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerwolf96)
    *Quickly flicks through revision guide*
    Clarke-Stewart
    and the NICHD ones usually right?

Sometimes Scarr with the factors for good day care
    Yeah, Clarke-Stewart et al. (1994) - daycare is positive with peer realtions
    2 on A NICHD - (2003) one suggesting that daycare causes aggression, the other, (2004) aggression is lower in kids attending daycare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rswk)
    When answering the question on misleading information on EWT, is one research study enough for a 12 marker?
    One study is enough, only need it for 6 marks so Loftus and Palmer's study on misleading questions is enough, just need to make it very detailed

ReputationRep:
    I reaaally hope day care doesnt come up as the 12 marker or else i'm dead

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.