Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierose16)
    4 preinterview rejections sadly, I expected it from 2 of them but I thought I might have at least got to interview stage with the others. Oh well, just need to make my application stronger for next year I guess ☺️
    Sorry to hear this

Focus on getting the grades and then re apply next year - lots of people reapply after getting 4 rejections and they get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decerto)
    Sorry to hear this

Focus on getting the grades and then re apply next year - lots of people reapply after getting 4 rejections and they get in.
    Thanks, I know it's definitely all systems go on getting great A level results now so that hopefully next year isn't too stressful. Even my own doctor told me that he had to reapply before receiving any offers 😊

ReputationRep:
    I know it sounds silly, but can any girls who have had their interview please give me some tips on what to wear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrugglingPupil)
    I know it sounds silly, but can any girls who have had their interview please give me some tips on what to wear?
    Haha I was wondering the same thing , u could always go for the suit, or wear a dress with something smart on top. Nothing flashy, look professional. No excessive bling that's how I'm going tbh hope I've helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedStudent1997)
    Haha I was wondering the same thing , u could always go for the suit, or wear a dress with something smart on top. Nothing flashy, look professional. No excessive bling that's how I'm going tbh hope I've helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay awesome thankyou!!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it's a gap year for me
    Me too

5 rejections. Uggh.
    • Study Helper

Study Helper
    Looks like it's a gap year for me
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Me too

5 rejections. Uggh.
    Really sorry to hear, both of you. I myself got four pre-interview rejections when I first applied but am now happily settled at Med School after reapplying - don't let it get you down too much, it should hopefully work out in the end. Just focus now on absolutely nailing your A-Levels getting feedback from where you applied and then absolutely nailing your application next year.

It may be hard to see now, but enjoy your gap years - I actually find mine very useful in helping me to mature a little, even though I did not want to take one initially! You'll have a year to do pretty much anything you want, so make the most of it.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Really sorry to hear, both of you. I myself got four pre-interview rejections when I first applied but am now happily settled at Med School after reapplying - don't let it get you down too much, it should hopefully work out in the end. Just focus now on absolutely nailing your A-Levels getting feedback from where you applied and then absolutely nailing your application next year.

It may be hard to see now, but enjoy your gap years - I actually find mine very useful in helping me to mature a little, even though I did not want to take one initially! You'll have a year to do pretty much anything you want, so make the most of it.

Good luck
    Thank you! I guess it's just the chance you take when applying to something as competitive as medicine, definitely not giving up after the first hurdle.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial was able to accomodate my request! Don't need to cancel any interviews anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdygeek101)
    same, 2:55 pm :'
    I was at 9:00 am

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview from Imperial on Wednesday good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GDbubbles)
    Well done ☺️☺️ Are you nervous? How have your prepared??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theRaichu)
    Imperial was able to accomodate my request! Don't need to cancel any interviews anymore.
    That's great. Good luck for interviews

ReputationRep:

Well done! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone with predicted grades AAA been invited to interview?

ReputationRep:
    Does imperial still give out pre-interview rejections from now on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babsa)
    Has anyone with predicted grades AAA been invited to interview?
    Yup! I was predicted AAA and still got invited! I probably could have got a higher prediction with a bit of nagging but I thought I would be honest and put down what i thought i will get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.MK)
    Well done ☺️☺️ Are you nervous? How have your prepared??
    Thanks, I haven't started preparing yet, I received the invite last wednesday, the interview won't be until March haha. When is your's?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I haven't started preparing yet, I received the invite last wednesday, the interview won't be until March haha. When is your's?
    Mines next week! Just wondering what to prepare cuz idk what imperial is looking for! 😧😧

ReputationRep:
    How long was it until you guys got a reply after an interview?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 5, 2016

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.