Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoifea100)
    For those that were lucky enough to be offered an interview, what kind of experience did you have in terms of volunteering? I've heard that some people have over 300 hours accumulated, but there's no way I could get that many hours between now and October
    They state that hours wise you get maximum points if you've done over 160 hours of experience stuff in terms of that section of the roles and responsibilities form, the rest of the scoring is all about specific experience within it like talking about the roles you've had, I got an interview with volunteering as a teacher, volunteering in a care home and working as a health care assistant, also talked about my role as treasurer of one my universities societies, think I used something from pretty much all of my experiences in a question (didn't talk about more than one thing for each question in the form though)

ReputationRep:
    Keele has changed their 2017 entry requirements to A*AA that's really put me off it now!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJAKE)
    I'm really sorry to hear that! But keep going we all deserve to get a place! Btw are these rejections pre or post interview?
    This is a pre-interview rejection.
    I've had two interviews at different universities, and am waiting on offers from them.

ReputationRep:
    Keele has changed their 2017 entry requirements to A*AA that's really put me off it now!!
    I should come out this group as I have withdrawn from Keele but whattttttt!!! That's madness are they really getting that many applicants?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    I should come out this group as I have withdrawn from Keele but whattttttt!!! That's madness are they really getting that many applicants?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I just viewed the new requirements!! That's the same as Southampton I think!!

ReputationRep:
    Can the people who received interviews yesterday PLEASE tell us what date it's on so the rest of us waiting to hear can know if all of the dates are filled or not so we can finally stop obsessively checking our emails and embrace our future as rejects. Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiredofwaiting)
    Can the people who received interviews yesterday PLEASE tell us what date it's on so the rest of us waiting to hear can know if all of the dates are filled or not so we can finally stop obsessively checking our emails and embrace our future as rejects. Thank you in advance.
    They will have other spaces on days that people have been offered though, from cancellations and things, just wait and see hopefully tomorrow, if not I'm ringing Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnusbane)
    rejection at 11:50
    Oh noooo. I am so sorry to hear that. Please don't be disheartened and fingers crossed you'll hear good news from your other unis. Good luck.

(Original post by Tiredofwaiting)
    To the people who were given interviews yesterday, what date was it?
    22nd March.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curiouzgeorge)
    Is there any advice you could give to me on successfully getting an interview?
    For Keele? or elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    Is this for real? can you please link the page?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara0928)
    Oh noooo. I am so sorry to hear that. Please don't be disheartened and fingers crossed you'll hear good news from your other unis. Good luck.
    Thank youu, good luck to you too and everyone on here, you guys are the greatest c;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alibevan)
    http://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/unde...teshowtoapply/
    It's been changed for both A100 and A104

ReputationRep:
    What is everyone's reason for rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I'm a current first year med student at Keele, we have created a Facebook page for the 2016 offer holders to get to know each other so check it out and add yourself. You can also post questions for current students about anything regarding Keele life and the actual course. It's called Keele University Medicine 2016. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alibevan)
    Yes this is true, it's due to the increasing ranking of the medical school and number of application. Don't be disheartened by this, use it as an incentive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessBialan)
    Hey everyone! I'm a current first year med student at Keele, we have created a Facebook page for the 2016 offer holders to get to know each other so check it out and add yourself. You can also post questions for current students about anything regarding Keele life and the actual course. It's called Keele University Medicine 2016. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
    Do you know how long we'll be waiting for?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone offer any advice? I've been waiting since October (like everyone else) and a lot of people seem to have heard over the past few days. When I rang last Friday, I was told mine was one of the few applications still being processed and that they aim to tell everyone either way in the next few days. It's now Thursday and I'm unsure whether to ring. I know they will tell me eventually but it's on my mind constantly and I'm just so on edge! I'm sure many of you can understand this feeling but is anyone else still waiting? All I see are interviews running out slowly and I'm just sat at home waiting for an email. Trying to complete a dissertation at this time is torture because I can't stop thinking about it! I don't want to ring again really because I feel like I'm bothering them and just delaying the whole process! Any advice? Is anyone else still waiting? I submitted my initial application very close to the deadline so I'm wondering if this is why my application is one of the last to be processed, has anyone else noticed this pattern?? Thanks guys and sorry for the long rant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    Can anyone offer any advice? I've been waiting since October (like everyone else) and a lot of people seem to have heard over the past few days. When I rang last Friday, I was told mine was one of the few applications still being processed and that they aim to tell everyone either way in the next few days. It's now Thursday and I'm unsure whether to ring. I know they will tell me eventually but it's on my mind constantly and I'm just so on edge! I'm sure many of you can understand this feeling but is anyone else still waiting? All I see are interviews running out slowly and I'm just sat at home waiting for an email. Trying to complete a dissertation at this time is torture because I can't stop thinking about it! I don't want to ring again really because I feel like I'm bothering them and just delaying the whole process! Any advice? Is anyone else still waiting? I submitted my initial application very close to the deadline so I'm wondering if this is why my application is one of the last to be processed, has anyone else noticed this pattern?? Thanks guys and sorry for the long rant!
    Call them. If you feel that stressed about it and that much on edge, call for an update! Yes you'll know eventually and just need a little patience but it's hard. More so if you've got a dissertation to complete and can't concentrate!

You're not bothering them or delaying the process with a quick phone call lasting a couple minutes.

Either way, I hope you get good news soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posting on behalf of someone else: did anyone hear anything today?

ReputationRep:
    Interview!

Email came at 12:30

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.