Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Arsenal fans in the pub just did a standing ovation for Giroud.

Nonce fanbase
    Is that your idea of banter?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh victory
    All them haters who were saying we wouldnt qualify for last 16 after we lost our first two games are probs hiding or are Shell shocked

ReputationRep:
    In order of preference:

Wolfsburg, Zenit, Atletico, Real, Barca

ReputationRep:
    We can beat all of them over two legs, except Barca.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)

Are you going to deny that he's been a large part of your team this season and the previous two. Would you rather have had Podolski up front or something.
    Read previous posts, of course he's gonna be a big part when he's the only bloody lone striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    In order of preference:

Scenes when Chelsea draw Gent.

ReputationRep:
    We can beat all of them over two legs, except Barca.
    We can lose to all of those teams too. Just saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    We can lose to all of those teams too. Just saying
    obviously, but only real and barca would we have a bigger chance of losing than winning

ReputationRep:
    Honestly think we'll do the treble this season, that was our Liverpool v Olympiakos moment their. We always win the FA Cup and we're up against Leicester in the league title race. Remember this.

ReputationRep:
    Considering Atlético regularly have Real in their back pocket and are above them in the league, clearly they're just as much(if not more of a threat) than Real Madrid...

Atlético will hand down your asses hard, I hope you draw them tbh just to shut you lot up.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Honestly think we'll do the treble this season, that was our Liverpool v Olympiakos moment their. We always win the FA Cup and we're up against Leicester in the league title race. Remember this.
    Calm it fam, calm it.

ReputationRep:
    I hope we're seeing a re-birth of Campbell

ReputationRep:
    obviously, but only real and barca would we have a bigger chance of losing than winning
    I mean, I don't look at it like that. I rate all of those teams to be honest I would not take any of them lightly at all.

ReputationRep:
    If Walcott, Sanchez and Ozil are fit, I think we would confidently beat Atletico at Home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    If Walcott, Sanchez and Ozil are fit, I think we would confidently beat Atletico at Home.
    You probably have a better chance of beating Bayern over two legs than Atlético.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Le coq would help too. Welbz wouldn't go amiss either if he can get into form quickly

ReputationRep:
    Wolfsburg have draxler, schurrle, vieirinha and guilavogui who are just about as good as moutinho, toulalan, kondogbia and carrasco of Monaco last season

ReputationRep:
    In order of preference:

Real last year were almost kicked out by Schalke, barley scraped past atletico and got kicked out by juventus. They are now worse than last year and atletico have vastly improved compared to last year, id switch the places of both teams on your order of preference and do the same for wolfsburg and zenit. Barca is certain to kick you out so would be great if you avoided them. All the others you have a chance (bar maybe atletico).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Ahh victory
    All them haters who were saying we wouldnt qualify for last 16 after we lost our first two games are probs hiding or are Shell shocked
    Shell shocked you managed to scrape through a weak group?

ffs. Is there a medical term for when Arsenal fans get gassed over a Champions League win?

ReputationRep:
    The delusion lol

Why would you be favourites against Atletico

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.