Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016 watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the Edexcel FP3 exam?
    Very hard
    8.40%
    Hard
    14.14%
    Normal
    31.97%
    Easy
    33.81%
    Very easy
    11.68%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    It is available 24 hours after the exam, so you should expect it in 14 hours or so.
    aight, sweet

ReputationRep:
    unofficial ms link anyone? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4189835

ReputationRep:
    https://gyazo.com/e1dde69183d84608ff91fda655af06e3

For this part, I accidentally integrated 5coshx - 4sinhx instead of 1/(5coshx-4sinhx)

How many marks should I get? 2/5? (for changing my limits and substituting it in, then subbing the original thing back in at the end?) I really hope I don't get 0/5 omg I'm really worried someone please tell me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    I hope you didn't do all the PtMP matrix multiplication ???
    Hell yeah I did! xD

ReputationRep:
    Also, A* grade boundary predictions anyone? Any chance that this paper be a 71/75 for A*? I'm so worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelvin1338)
    Also, A* grade boundary predictions anyone? Any chance that this paper be a 71/75 for A*? I'm so worried
    I'd have said 69 A* tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Datta10)
    What grades do you need for uni ?
    if i wanted the ideal option of taking a gap year and applying for ucl, imperial or warwick i would need A*A* in maths and further but now i can just tell that im gonna have to pick up all STEP and try do well in at least two of them to go to those universities, wbu what uni u planning to go to and what do u plan on doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahblah21)
    Guys will this be enough for an A in Further maths:

FP1- 71 marks
    FP2 - 57 marks
    FP3 - 60 marks
    S1 - 81 ums
    S2 - 78 ums
    M2 - 69 marks
    i heard fp1 this year was pretty straight forward, so i think 71 will be 93UMS, 57 FP2 is what i think i got and assume it will be 75UMS FP3 i think 60 marks will be 78UMS and M2 69marks will be 92UMS so 93+75+78+92+81+78=497 so i think youre definitely getting an A well done

ReputationRep:
    Guys, for the last question there was a part where it asked for the Cartesian equation of the plane however I wrote in wrong in that buy however, we needed it in the second part which I found it correctly so will I lose out on marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hineshtailor)
    Guys, for the last question there was a part where it asked for the Cartesian equation of the plane however I wrote in wrong in that buy however, we needed it in the second part which I found it correctly so will I lose out on marks?
    Basically what I did for the Cartesian equation of the plane, I used the Cartesian equation of the line instead by accident however in the next part I actually found the Cartesian of the plane ??

ReputationRep:
    Basically what I did for the Cartesian equation of the plane, I used the Cartesian equation of the line instead by accident however in the next part I actually found the Cartesian of the plane ??

Does anyone also remember how many marks it was, the QUESTIONNWAS to the find the Cartesian equation of the plane pi2

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone also remember how many marks it was, the QUESTIONNWAS to the find the Cartesian equation of the plane pi2
    It was 2 marks for that part of the last question, part b i think.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think that 73/75 will be 100 ums in the ial F3 paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarocMan)
    i heard fp1 this year was pretty straight forward, so i think 71 will be 93UMS, 57 FP2 is what i think i got and assume it will be 75UMS FP3 i think 60 marks will be 78UMS and M2 69marks will be 92UMS so 93+75+78+92+81+78=497 so i think youre definitely getting an A well done
    love you bro cheers (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inges)
    Hell yeah I did! xD

That takes ages You have to calculate normalised eigenvectors, and the columns of P will be the normalised eigenvectors, and D will be simply the eigenvalues down the leading diagonal and everything else is 0.
    I'm sure you already know that by now?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got the questions (not just the answers)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inges)
    Hell yeah I did! xD
    LOL you know D is just the eigen values in the diagonal xD and that P is the normalised eigenvectors I think i got 100 ums something i've wanted for quite a while xD suprised it would be in fp3 tho

ReputationRep:
    do the As modules matter as much? i did m1,d1,fp1,fp2,fp3,m2 - for my a level modules should definitely be above 90 ums but not sure for the As modules I kinda screwed up d1

ReputationRep:
    Chances of me getting an A* in Further Maths, anyone?
    D2 (taken last year) - 90UMS
    FP3 - 72/75
    FP2 - 66/75

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.