The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Yeah. Wanna use this medium to thank Pompey4 for declining the offer from UWS so I could be selected. Eventually I was the one selected among the reserves. I should have posted this on the forum a long time ago, but I was offiline.
I am very grateful to God for this oppurtunity.
Has anyone been contacted after acceptig his/her offer? I mailed them about my acceptance of the offerr but I am yet to get a reply.
Reply 1101
Congrats friend....!!!
Original post by Soulhighman
Yeah. Wanna use this medium to thank Pompey4 for declining the offer from UWS so I could be selected. Eventually I was the one selected among the reserves. I should have posted this on the forum a long time ago, but I was offiline.
Has anyone been contacted after acceptig his/her offer? I mailed them about my acceptance of the offerr but I am yet to get a reply.

Wow Soulhighman. Many congratulations. :smile:
congrats ,,,,thank you pompey for rejecting your offer in time...at least soulhighman can now rest assured...
Does anyone here know someone who applied to cranfield and other Unis and had more than one nomination ?

A quick reply would really be appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply 1105

Congrats bro. More blessings for you. To God be the glory. Am super excited. Please where is kachikau. We need you to help revive this thread.
Reply 1106
Pompey, that was good of you. Its why we call ourselves brothers. Guys dissapeared after nominations from this thread.. We needed to stay here longer for our brothers who are on reserve so that for us holding multiple nominations can do the honourable thing for them. We also need to stick together and for those from Africa we should note that Africa is now one village housing all of us as its potential ambassadors out there. We stick together guys!! Congratulations to all nominees and good fortunes to those on reserve. #we are one!!!
Hi Friends

Reposting my message.

Is there anyone here / knows someone who got nominated by Warwick for Commonwealth shared scholarship award for Economics or International finance ? Any information on this will be really helpful.

Thanks
Reply 1108
Is ne1 nominated at stirling or knows of anyone nominated at university of stirling ... im a reserve there

Congrats man. Best of luck.
Reply 1110
Am new here...Is there anyone from Ghana??
Reply 1111
Original post by MZMIRA
Am new here...Is there anyone from Ghana??

I am. You can PM me
Reply 1112
I am
Dear Mustapha

Thank you for your application for the International Office Postgraduate Scholarship at the University of Bristol.

We are delighted to announce that the Scholarship Panel have selected you as a winner for 2016 entry! We received over 2,000 applications for the award, so many congratulations on your success.

The scholarship of £2,000 will be awarded to you as a one-off payment directly deducted from your tuition fees.

I would be grateful if you could confirm to this email address whether you wish to accept the award by Monday 30th May 2016. You will then receive a formal letter from the University outlining your scholarship and how this will be awarded to you.

If you also wish to have the scholarship award reflected in your CAS statement when this is issued please let us know and we can facilitate this for you.

If you have any additional questions prior to arriving in Bristol, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Many congratulations again for your achievement - we wish you a pleasant summer and look forward to welcoming you to Bristol for your studies in September.

Best wishesEllie DunmallAssistant International Officer
International OfficeStudent Recruitment, Access and AdmissionsUniversity of BristolRichmond Building, 105 Queens RoadBristol, BS8 1LN, United KingdomTel: +44117 33 18559Email: ellie.dunmall@bristol.ac.ukA top 5 UK university with leading employers (2015)A top 5 UK university for research (2014 REF)A world top 40 university (QS Ranking 2015)
Hey everyone...

CSC is on a sabbatical leave I presume.
Hahaa!

Who applied to Bristol?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mustapha_
Dear Mustapha

Thank you for your application for the International Office Postgraduate Scholarship at the University of Bristol.

We are delighted to announce that the Scholarship Panel have selected you as a winner for 2016 entry! We received over 2,000 applications for the award, so many congratulations on your success.

The scholarship of £2,000 will be awarded to you as a one-off payment directly deducted from your tuition fees.

I would be grateful if you could confirm to this email address whether you wish to accept the award by Monday 30th May 2016. You will then receive a formal letter from the University outlining your scholarship and how this will be awarded to you.

If you also wish to have the scholarship award reflected in your CAS statement when this is issued please let us know and we can facilitate this for you.

If you have any additional questions prior to arriving in Bristol, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Many congratulations again for your achievement - we wish you a pleasant summer and look forward to welcoming you to Bristol for your studies in September.

Best wishesEllie DunmallAssistant International Officer
International OfficeStudent Recruitment, Access and AdmissionsUniversity of BristolRichmond Building, 105 Queens RoadBristol, BS8 1LN, United KingdomTel: +44117 33 18559Email: ellie.dunmall@bristol.ac.ukA top 5 UK university with leading employers (2015)A top 5 UK university for research (2014 REF)A world top 40 university (QS Ranking 2015)

I rejected Bristol's offer but am still getting this emails from them...
Original post by Mustapha_
I rejected Bristol's offer but am still getting this emails from them...

Hello Mustapha..congratulations on all of ur success this year..:smile:
I was hoping u can help me with a query of mine..I hv been nominated by UCL and my application is with "CSC" since May 1st..my university has send me a mail about the nomination and my referees have received signed reference request from CSC..

Two of my referees have already sent their references, but my third referee is nt available in the country right now and hasn't send the signed reference yet..the delay is scaring me..Will this delay on sending the last reference have any effect on my nomination? I don't knw wht to do..when will the CSC confirm the winners, do you hv any idea?
Original post by Aura_06
Hello Mustapha..congratulations on all of ur success this year..:smile:
I was hoping u can help me with a query of mine..I hv been nominated by UCL and my application is with "CSC" since May 1st..my university has send me a mail about the nomination and my referees have received signed reference request from CSC..

Two of my referees have already sent their references, but my third referee is nt available in the country right now and hasn't send the signed reference yet..the delay is scaring me..Will this delay on sending the last reference have any effect on my nomination? I don't knw wht to do..when will the CSC confirm the winners, do you hv any idea?

Hi Aura
Congratulations on getting to the CSC stage.
That should not worry you so much...The CSC has no deadlines for referees.
I believe the CSC should be confirming winner by mid June.
@Mustapha: Thanks a lot for the assurance..so, basically I just hv to wait now..this is painful..:frown:
Hope everything will work out great at the end!
hello guys i was disappointed after no nomination from IDS Sussex but the head of teaching emailed me to apply for IDS alumni scholarship, what it means they want to give me the said scholarship, please give your input you genius people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending