Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get OH-CH2-CH2-C(CH3)2-O-CH3 for 9?

ReputationRep:
    Fml i didnt realise it was an acyl chloride i thought it was a ketone and aldehyde.. Pricks fooled me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarly9)
    D is definetly 1 i had extra time and worked out k then put it into my own rate equation aha >_<
    That's how I worked it out to be one! Two was fairly easily so I used a bit of trial and error!

(Original post by Cadherin)
    I put AgNO3. If acidified, no marks.

Acidificed AgNO3 would work for the halogenoalkanes. However, if you don't acidify it, the acyl chloride would show a white precipitate and the Cl bonded directly to a methyl group wouldn't.
    You don't get CE for acidified.

It's not in June 11 Q7(a)(ii) MS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELCRE)
    Guys would it be silly to make an official complaint to aqa? Some questions were just not fair such as the stitches one. Aqa are really playing with lives, they changed the wording and format of questions for the chem unit 2 paper (chucked in isa & Empa questions as well as one unit 5 question) & I let it go because I thought oh they mustve done it because its a resit paper but they have no excuse for this one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it couldn't hurt, it was a very hard paper. But why was the stitches question unfair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student277)
    Fml i didnt realise it was an acyl chloride i thought it was a ketone and aldehyde.. Pricks fooled me
    same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELCRE)
    Guys would it be silly to make an official complaint to aqa? Some questions were just not fair such as the stitches one. Aqa are really playing with lives, they changed the wording and format of questions for the chem unit 2 paper (chucked in isa & Empa questions as well as one unit 5 question) & I let it go because I thought oh they mustve done it because its a resit paper but they have no excuse for this one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's no point the stitches one is a suggest so it's meant to be hard and it was on the syllabus anyway because the answer was it hydrolyses and so can he removed post surgery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarly9)
    D is definetly 1 i had extra time and worked out k then put it into my own rate equation aha >_<
    Yeah it was first order even though the numbers were so weird, all decimals

ReputationRep:
    Name:  13459642_1058564247553795_169885398_n.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  12.1 KB
    (Original post by unspokenhorse)
    The ch3 on the left would have a different value of chemical shift, so this can't be the case, as the groups aren't equivalent.
    This is what I got

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries Probably similar to last year so:
    A*=85
    A=78

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnackAttack33)
    The NMR question had this answer:

Attachment 550001
    how? The question said that when warmed with acidified potassium dichromate it went green, meaning it had can't be a tertiary alcohol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnackAttack33)
    The NMR question had this answer:

Attachment 550001
    It didn't that's a tertiary alcohol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nancyeponine)
    There's no point the stitches one is a suggest so it's meant to be hard and it was on the syllabus anyway because the answer was it hydrolyses and so can he removed post surgery

Lol just hope they lower the grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1magicmo)
    Name:  13459642_1058564247553795_169885398_n.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  12.1 KB
    This is what I got
    Me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Attachment 549959 This was the answer to the last question.. (I got it wrong and drew it as a tertiary alcohol:/
    The integration value of 6 with the CH3 included the one on the left..)
    How many marks would I loose for tertiary alcohol? I'd imagine 1 for not mentioning it having to be primary or secondary, 1 for wrong product and 2 probably for an error in my working that showed a segment of R-C(CH3)2OH..
    So most likely -3/4 what do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    this is the wrong structure. it would have a doublet and there was no doublet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econ/Chem/FMaths)
    Grade boundaries Probably similar to last year so:
    A*=85
    A=78
    nah mate, just nah.

ReputationRep:
    OMG GUYS I asked for extra paper in the exam and I wrote down all of my information except for the date !!! This paper had most of the questions on it!! What will happen??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaddysChemistry)
    Anyone get OH-CH2-CH2-C(CH3)2-O-CH3 for 9?
    Yeah well in Donny I got that too

(Original post by Anam)
    Okay so mine looked like this: ClCH2COCl+* = ClCH2O*(35Cl) + Cl*(37)

Probs wrong
    I don't know, but if it works surely you should get some marks if not all?

ReputationRep:
    I only managed to get half way through the last question anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.