The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Thoughts on RK, man like WOLO, Pimped Butterly and Lucio's claims that it is inevitable that DDG will leave to Madrid this summer

Rk2k14 Pls share some inside knowledge of his release clause that Madrid will trigger
    Reports suggested the clause was up until 15th June.

If Madrid wanted him they obviously would have went for it but guessing Perez had other ideas. Funny how De Gea and United refused to answer questions regarding the release clause. Probability that there was one, knowing the parties involved but thankfully they didn't activate it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol xhaka

ReputationRep:
    Bailly, Zlatan and Mkhitaryan.. Everybody happy?

ReputationRep:
    A midfielder's missing but I don't think Pogba will leave to return to United no matter how much Mourinho wants him and it seems he wanted Sanches but United messed that up in their bid to back LVG. I think those three signings plus a few leaving will be it..

ReputationRep:
    Wow that suit is lit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Bailly, Zlatan and Mkhitaryan.. Everybody happy?
    Fairly happy although don't see Mkhitaryan being a cheap deal. I'd like to add another couple onto that list, especially another right back (not particularly confident in Darmian, much prefer Valencia/Young), although sadly not seeing many rumours on the right back front so maybe the right back position next season will be a bit hodge podge.

I'm not sure why but i feel like our squad is very bloated at the moment, especially when it comes to choosing what line-up we go with.

For central midfielders we're looking at;

- Carrick
    - Fellaini
    - Herrera
    - Rooney
    - Schneiderlin
    - Schweinsteiger

Then we've got our attacking players to think about:

- Mata
    - Rooney
    - Martial
    - Mkhitaryan (probably)
    - Zlatan (probably)
    - Rashford
    - Depay (still think he'll stay, very different situation to Di Maria)

Then we've got to think about the possibility of whatever the next John Doe it is that we're linked to (be it Pogba, Rodriguez or whoever). Then also other younger players such as Januzaj, Pereira, Lingard, Fosu-Mensah etc.

Honestly have no idea how we'll line-up next season.

ReputationRep:
    Rashford
    Martial Pereira Januzaj
    Pogba TFM
    Shaw Bailly Smalling Varela
    DDG
    7 homegrown players in starting line up

GGMU!!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol^.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to put Saul at RW and Ibra RB

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Sky Sports own sources have finally twigged onto Mkhitaryan.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...advanced-stage

Their transfer centre is seriously crap this year. Endless 'reportedly or reports so-and-so' and all that rubbish Football Whisper bullcrap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    Looks like Sky Sports own sources have finally twigged onto Mkhitaryan.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...advanced-stage

Their transfer centre is seriously crap this year. Endless 'reportedly or reports so-and-so' and all that rubbish Football Whisper bullcrap.
    They follow Di Marzio on twitter and wait for him to tweet

ReputationRep:
    Everything aside looks like United will be fun to play with on FIFA and will def be used online more by other teams fans

Dave Darmian(or Valencia for pace whoring) Smalling Bailey (both tall and okay pace wise) Shaw Rooney Schwein Depay (yes Depay in CM gives good pace and dribbling) Martial Ibra Mki

In a 433 holding would be great, add any decent CM like Pogba and it'l just get better

Also, not sure if this is standard procedure but Ed has some of our cash in € bank accounts so I doubt the fall in the £ will effect our transfer activity

ReputationRep:
    i want to see more or martial at this tournament

french coach needs to get off giroud's D***

lool for those liverpool fans who thought we wanted mane and all the poverty insults
    it seems now you have an aids replacement for sterling

ReputationRep:
    Mane to liverpool is a good move! He's the right sort of player for Liverpool and Klopps style.

ReputationRep:
    Laurent Blanc has left PSG - would he have been a better choice than Mourinho?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmansouf)
    i want to see more or martial at this tournament

french coach needs to get off giroud's D***

lool for those liverpool fans who thought we wanted mane and all the poverty insults
    it seems now you have an aids replacement for sterling
    Mane scored 15 goals and 6 assists last season while Sterling scored 11 goals and 4 assists, would hardly call it an aids replacement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Laurent Blanc has left PSG - would he have been a better choice than Mourinho?
    No.

This is the right time, the right club for Mourinho. Wait and see how we do...he'll surprise a lot of people. He should have been Sir Alex's successor either him or Klopp!

Edit: People will say Pep but I don't think he would have come to Utd...besides I prefer Mourinho to Pep! Mourinho has more of a "personality" than Pep does.

ReputationRep:
    United are signing Mhki for £26m
    Arsenal signed Alexis for £31m
    Liverpool will sign Mane for £36m

ReputationRep:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the PL will be having a new assist king:

ReputationRep:
    Damn Ozil's stats are mad though!

Costas got a very good ratio too!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.