Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Insanely hyped beyond belief. About to witness greatness.
    (Original post by Ras' Al Ghul)
    What's the excitement about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Steph Curry FMVP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackened_sky)
    Steph Curry FMVP
    Sorry I don't know who that is
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with being confident! Telling yourself you'll get decent grades is actually admirable considering how insecure people tend to be nowadays regarding their studies. I've found it's rare that there are people out there who say "yknow, what? I'm gonna ace this subject!" so keep it up!
    If your teachers are pushing you to apply for something you don't want to, please try and find a senior staff member who will be able to help. In no way, shape or form should they ever stop you from doing what you want to do. There's nothing wrong with wanting to defer your uni entry. Have you spoken to your parents about the pressure teachers are putting on you? Maybe they could ring up and have a chat with your school?
    Thank you. I don't want to apply altogether to be fair this year, a year out is what I need but I suppose I was the most excited and enthusiastic to apply to uni and yet here I am, finally changing my mind. People will probably say I'm indecisive or I'm too old now to choose my career path.

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    Have one of these :hugs:, remember that you're amazing and take no notice of your detractors
    Thank you :hugs: I try not to let them get to me but I just break down and they get to me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    I am starting to genuinely feel sick lol
    Lool wth? :lol: You need to chill MrDystopia!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you but as a Cavs fan I feel confident and also like an underdog at the same time... it's a really weird feeling lol. I just don't know what to expect.
    Same feeling. Dubs are the favourites (And rightfully so given the entire season) in my eyes..but then damn Lebron is scary :_:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you but as a Cavs fan I feel confident and also like an underdog at the same time... it's a really weird feeling lol. I just don't know what to expect.

Thanks buddy Feel free to pop into our thread at any time, it'll probably be constantly at the top for the next 2 hours!
    Sorry girls don't like basketball but I may just stop by still just to see what's up . Who should I support?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I don't know who that is
    :O... Nobody important. Just the greatest basketball player on the planet.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    lool wth? :lol: You need to chill mrdystopia! :h
    The nerves bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    I thought that was the Jordans guy?

ReputationRep:
    The nerves bro.
    You're the favourites. Just pray that LeBron doesn't go HAM and Kyrie plays on one leg :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was the Jordans guy?
    Yeah he's the greatest of all-time but he retired like 13 years ago lmfao.

Right now it's Stephen Curry.

ReputationRep:
    Same feeling. Dubs are the favourites (And rightfully so given the entire season) in my eyes..but then damn Lebron is scary :_:
    Sorry girls don't like basketball but I may just stop by still just to see what's up . Who should I support?
    Be my friend and support LeBron. Or be my enemy and support Draymond

Just kidding.

But seriously... Cavs. :p:

(Original post by eden3)
    Pffft you said Steph not LeBron.

The nerves bro.
    I'm pretty sure this is worse than the night before my last exam lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Thank you. I don't want to apply altogether to be fair this year, a year out is what I need but I suppose I was the most excited and enthusiastic to apply to uni and yet here I am, finally changing my mind. People will probably say I'm indecisive or I'm too old now to choose my career path.
    Nooo, hon, you're never too old to choose your career path! Take a year out, take two, it's totally up to you!
    You see 80 year-old grandparents graduating from uni nowadays and it's so inspiring to see! Makes me wish I had done more with my time before being bogged down with education. My ex-flatmate was 24 when he started uni with me (I was 18) - I envy how much he's achieved purely because he did so much with his years before uni and he's a lot wiser.
    The world is your oyster. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Don't be prisoner of the moment and let the Finals fool you - it's been Steph for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    I think I am good enough, the problem is though people always assume I'm big headed if I believe in myself.
    Eff them thinking your confidence is big headed-ness, sometimes you'll find the people who are supposed to be helpful in these situations often put you down. Just eff their opinion and do what you feel is best
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I don't mind as long as it helps
    Okay well here is the rant

So here it is. I guess I'm feeling low because a lot of people in school are saying how I'm being quite arrogant and cocky because I think I could do well at AS yet I believe if you think you will fail, the likelihood of that happening is greater with that mindset. But also lately I've been feeling as if the subjects I do aren't to do with my intended career path which is Biomedical Science and I have two options, either do an Access course or do A Levels privately next year. My school also started UCAS applications and I feel so angry for being made to do it when I didn't want to apply yet, I feel as if I can't do something related to English as I'll hate it. I feel like I've messed everything up for knowing what I want to do at the age of 18 instead of 16 per second. But then I guess I'm feeling depressed because I feel as if my friends at school are becoming boring and we've all drifted apart and there is one person who just pisses me off completely it angers me to death. And I find myself crying or being sad and emotional at the most smallest things ever. But I guess now A2 has begun, I'm worried that one of my teachers will mess it up like they did for AS and not teach me anything and ruin my chances for anything and the last time I reported him, it didn't go down too well

I do apologise for this horrible rant. There was more I was going to cover but my mind went blank at half 12 in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Don't be prisoner of the moment and let the Finals fool you - it's been Steph for a while
    NBA finals is all that matters There's a reason you can't break top 10 all time without 2 FMVP!

Reply in the NBA thread, or we'll end up hijacking

ReputationRep:
    Be my friend and support LeBron. Or be my enemy and support Draymond

Just kidding.

But seriously... Cavs. :p:

I'm pretty sure this is worse than the night before my last exam lol.
    I actually heard the name LeBron before so I can support him. This Stephen sounds like an old white guy. Never heard of him lol

ReputationRep:
    I actually heard the name LeBron before so I can support him. This Stephen sounds like an old white guy. Never heard of him lol

now you know what the best player on the planet looks like.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    Nooo, hon, you're never too old to choose your career path! Take a year out, take two, it's totally up to you!
    You see 80 year-old grandparents graduating from uni nowadays and it's so inspiring to see! Makes me wish I had done more with my time before being bogged down with education. My ex-flatmate was 24 when he started uni with me (I was 18) - I envy how much he's achieved purely because he did so much with his years before uni and he's a lot wiser.
    The world is your oyster. :hugs:
    That is true, just means I'm going to have to work my butt off but school is probably to to put me down as I'm not even applying and it disgusts me, does intelligence have to equate to a university degree? I'm just applying at a later stage in my life

(Original post by Eternalflames)
    Eff them thinking your confidence is big headed-ness, sometimes you'll find the people who are supposed to be helpful in these situations often put you down. Just eff their opinion and do what you feel is best
    Whenever I try to, they take it the wrong way or find my behaviour quite cocky and very opinionated. I know I'm quite critical and very much so confident but at the same time, I am insecure and I generally think I worked harder than my class mates to even suggest a good grade..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.