Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    There's a clip out of River and Clara. It's... Awkward. :-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWTfxYqWEcA

ReputationRep:
    Photo from finale (so excited!! :excited: )

Spoiler:
    Show

1. Trees inside the Tardis? :eek:
    2. It looks like Doc's been shot in the head? Or is it just his hair between Clara's fingers (lucky :moo:!)?

Okay, that cow is dead sweet.
    :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo:
    (Sorry)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    Clip from the finale:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...age-watch.html

This is gonna be good. :coma:
    That is the kind of emotional depth I have wanted all series! Matt clearly has the ability to do that kind of acting, and I'm glad Moffat finally wrote him a deep scene., or what looks like a deep scene anyway!

I have a feeling tonight's episode is going to change my opinion of Moffat a lot.

Also, random point. Does anybody else think that Benedict Cumberbatch would make a great Doctor? :curious:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    That is the kind of emotional depth I have wanted all series! Matt clearly has the ability to do that kind of acting, and I'm glad Moffat finally wrote him a deep scene., or what looks like a deep scene anyway!

I have a feeling tonight's episode is going to change my opinion of Moffat a lot.

Also, random point. Does anybody else think that Benedict Cumberbatch would make a great Doctor? :curious:
    I think it's only anger that he can't really do, Tennant on the other hand was brilliant at being angry, you could really imagine him committing genocide of the Daleks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I think it's only anger that he can't really do, Tennant on the other hand was brilliant at being angry, you could really imagine him committing genocide of the Daleks.
    I think that when he had the battle in his head last week he showed he has the potential to do anger. But I do agree that he doesn't make his anger seem as real as DT did. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)

It looks SO deep. Matt pulls it off with so much ease
    Benedict Cumberbatch is one heck of an actor! BBC3 last night was fantastic - they had Doctor Who, Merlin and Sherlock reruns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya8D)
    It looks SO deep. Matt pulls it off with so much ease
    Benedict Cumberbatch is one heck of an actor! BBC3 last night was fantastic - they had Doctor Who, Merlin and Sherlock reruns
    I know! I went to see Star Trek today and was like 'yahhhhhh ' Can't wait for the new Sherlock either!

ReputationRep:
    What time does it start tonight? I'm too scared to google it in case I find a spoiler...

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy and rank Matt Smith's portrayal of the Doctor very highly, but I just think his scripts are poor in terms of allowing him the chance to show us what he can really do.

Less than 2 hours now. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    What time does it start tonight? I'm too scared to google it in case I find a spoiler...
    7:00

ReputationRep:
    ahh i can't wait for tonight!!!

ReputationRep:
    So. Hyped.

*dribbles with excitement*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHistoryStudent)
    7:00
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Why do minutes tick by so slowly? :yawn:

34 minutes to go.....

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why some people still think that The Doctor's name will be revealed like that would ever happen. It's more to do with who is The Doctor and not his actual name.

ReputationRep:
    15 mins hope it isn't disappointing due to overhype =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gjaykay)
    15 mins hope it isn't disappointing due to overhype =/
    Seriously the last episode I watched was Love and Monsters. Anything has to be better than that episode.

Hopefully, this will be good.

ReputationRep:
    Sat in front of the TV with a drink in hand... Here we go!

ReputationRep:
    The universe is about to end. I can't cope with knowing the Doctor's name. Nooooo. Do not want.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.