Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, I put straight instead of linear for the shape as I couldn't think what it would be D: looks like another mark dropped, was a good paper in all fairness though, that pre-release material was so much easier than I thought it'd be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davelittle)
    Remember people on TSR aren't a fair representation as well
    Yea, I said that to someone earlier

ReputationRep:
    **** are the grade boundaries based on everyone who took the paper regardless of whether they've done as or a2 chem? surely that would be unfair to the as students as they are probably going to do worse than the a2s?

ReputationRep:
    what did you put for the drying agent question?
    i had no idea so just made up anhydrous sodium chloride, dont think its right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anthonyrf)
    Anyone? lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think it can be hydrogen bonding as there are only hydrogen bond donors, I could be wrong though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    :yay: no more rubbish OCR salters to deal with after this for me :yay:

Anyone else feel like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisshP)
    That's what I did. They said to throw in only one equation and I gave like 2/3, is this wrong?
    I did the same as you, i assumed it meant atleast one. Im sure they wont mark you down if, and only if all the chemistry is correct. I assume on the markscheme it will have something like CON mark for incorrect chemistry of additional equations. I doubt they can take away marks if the chemistry is correct, im sure they will just ignore it.

However ever, i linked the two equations together so im not sure if this is allowed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tejmasta)
    anhydrous sodium sulphate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerz)
    Oh wow good luck! I'll be doing that next year haha
    Exactly the mark scheme is ridiculous at times >.<
    Thank you! And trust me, it makes you want to memorise the mark scheme instead of the actual content

All the best for your results

ReputationRep:
    Anhydrous Sodium Sulfate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juniorx)
    **** are the grade boundaries based on everyone who took the paper regardless of whether they've done as or a2 chem? surely that would be unfair to the as students as they are probably going to do worse than the a2s?
    Yea, I agree. It also depends on how smart the cohort is. If they are smart boundaries go up regardless on how easy/hard the paper is (like in June 2012 )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassgrazers01)
    I don't think it can be hydrogen bonding as there are only hydrogen bond donors, I could be wrong though :confused:
    the OH group could form hydrogen bonds

ReputationRep:
    There was a question like that on a past paper with the answer Anhydrous Sodium Sulfate as a drying agent. So I put that. Awesome. Also what did people get for the other use of CFC one? Gen they said besides refrigerant, I just went F**K but literally at the last second I though of aerosol sprays and threw it down. There was some subconscious logic behind it because Wikipedia implies that I'm right..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzy1234)
    Thank you! And trust me, it makes you want to memorise the mark scheme instead of the actual content

All the best for your results
    Kind of what I end up doing at the end, I put anhydrous sodium sulphate, do I know why? nope. It's just always right :lol:
    Thank you! You to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saser400)
    There was a question like that on a past paper with the answer Anhydrous Sodium Sulfate as a drying agent. So I put that. Awesome. Also what did people get for the other use of CFC one? Gen they said besides refrigerant, I just went F**K but literally at the last second I though of aerosol sprays and threw it down. There was some subconscious logic behind it because Wikipedia implies that I'm right..
    yeah, i put aerosols too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassgrazers01)
    Yeah but it said intermolecular bonds which means between molecules, I was thinking that at first but pretty sure that's what intermolecular means.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i put aerosols too
    I thought it was the 'propellants in aerosols' and not just the 'aerosols' themselves. I'm not sure if it matters though...

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I was okay with everything except the first page , not that it means much, stupid, spawn of satan mark schemes :mad: anybody else really happy about the 6 mark on the advanced notice at the end? The answer was in the article!

ReputationRep:
    I put flame retardants for the other use of CFCs is that right? and what does CFC actually stand for?

ReputationRep:
    What were the large scale uses of chlorine?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.