Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthestig)
    Yeeesh. I'd have had a breakdown. Resits?
    4 of them were resits. 2 were STEP. And the rest were the result of trying to do further maths in 1 year.

ReputationRep:
    haha going to be the normal average person here, I need BBC for my course. Feeling quite nervous but hopefully I can pull it off Good luck to everyone else with their results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshuam92)
    haha going to be the normal average person here, I need BBC for my course. Feeling quite nervous but hopefully I can pull it off Good luck to everyone else with their results!
    Shouldn't you be finishing your degree... next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    where?! You must tell me or link it to me!
    If you want the other ones, they are near the end of Arseys unofficial mark schemes threads. If you need help finding them, I can for yo

ReputationRep:
    I'm slowly starting to lose my ****. Hurry up next week -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    Yeh I worry like that too. I'm always so worried about missing questions out so I always go through the paper twice and check every question I have answered and see if the marks add up to the total mark. If they do, then I have at least answered all the questions :P It doesn't help I do subjects which can be hard to tell how you have done. I do biology which is very picky about wording so I know i got at least 90% of answer right. If i worded them correctly and used the correct terms, i hope so, but thats where lots of people falter and I just tried my best. I wish we could get the results sooner to save all this worrying
    Ah yes, that's another worry with biology - what you write may be correct but it may not be on the mark scheme (they change the mark scheme each year for standard questions that reappear to stop students learning them).

To make it worse, my teacher said that the examiners marking the biology scripts don't even have to know anything about biology! Apparently all you need to mark biology papers is to be a teacher of any subject. So whoever is marking your script might have no clue what any of the words mean so sometimes you can't paraphrase from the mark scheme. (on OCR anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thers)
    Ah yes, that's another worry with biology - what you write may be correct but it may not be on the mark scheme (they change the mark scheme each year for standard questions that reappear to stop students learning them).

To make it worse, my teacher said that the examiners marking the biology scripts don't even have to know anything about biology! Apparently all you need to mark biology papers is to be a teacher of any subject. So whoever is marking your script might have no clue what any of the words mean so sometimes you can't paraphrase from the mark scheme. (on OCR anyway)
    WHAT?! that is ridiculous, when for subjects like chemistry it is always chemistry teachers you do it. That is awful because the mark scheme isn't always perfect giving every option :/ wow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thers)

Smells like bull****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padouken)
    Smells like bull****.

I think it's true actually!

ReputationRep:
    How are so many people confident?!?!! I am not confident... I am not confident at ALL, and I only need BBB!
    (notgonnahappen) (whyohwhydidIscrewupAS)

ReputationRep:
    I had the same reaction when I heard it as well. However, thinking back now, it could be possible that my teacher was lying on purpose to advise us to make our answers more clear and concise. Also I doubt many history teachers will bother marking A level biology papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padouken)
    Edexcel mark schemes have been released?
    I don't know why I recall reading that somewhere..I didn't do any edexcel exams so I didn't pay too much attention

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do UCAS start processing results tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cwestby)
    I think it's true actually!
    ... avada kedavra!

ReputationRep:
    The amount of food that will be consumed on Wed is going to be ridiculous!

I eat when I'm nervous :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you don't get the grades you need, but your firm still offers you the choice of an alternate course - what does that look like on track?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Padouken;43863565]... avada kedavra![/

Expelliarmus (it worked for potter)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonny7bell)
    4 of them were resits. 2 were STEP. And the rest were the result of trying to do further maths in 1 year.
    Ouch.

I did RS in one year, didn't even know what the essays were supposed to be like and only learnt half the course

ReputationRep:
    i'm not just nervous for myself, i'm really nervous for my friends too.

I really want them to get in as well. I don't think I could really feel like celebrating next week if one of them was really upset

anyone else feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    Track is going to crash isn't it?

Ah well, when I don't get in I can use the £400 I've saved for my Halls deposit to get royally pissed on Thursday! :beer::cheers:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.