Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    I have a feeling he will be forced out tbh. Pep may have wanted him, but I don't think Tito does. He has struggled to adapt to Barca's game and his most useful spot is taken up by Messi.
    Dont think that fabregas is a false nine really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Dont think that fabregas is a false nine really
    He won't excel on the wing and playing in Barca's midfield requires tactical discipline I don't think Cesc has right now. I also think Tito will want to give Thiago more opportunities next season.

ReputationRep:
    He won't excel on the wing and playing in Barca's midfield requires tactical discipline I don't think Cesc has right now. I also think Tito will want to give Thiago more opportunities next season.
    Yeah I know that but I was just saying that where messi plays is not where he is best. He would be best in a cam position with freedom so he can control a game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I'm really not a big fan of playing Cazorla on the left.
    Cazorla on the left, compared to Cazorla in the centre is almost incomparable. On the left he seems to pop up every 10 minutes, it's like he's not even there sometimes, yet how many times have we seen him play in the middle and literally occupy 3 opposition players for 70 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know that but I was just saying that where messi plays is not where he is best. He would be best in a cam position with freedom so he can control a game
    Barca's game doesn't really allow for a Cesc type AM though. I think Pep experimented with 3-4-3 to accommodate him but it didn't really work. I remember reading that Barca only have €50m to spend on summer transfers and will want to rebuild their attack and defence, and they need a GK, so maybe they will sell Cesc.

ReputationRep:
    Barca's game doesn't really allow for a Cesc type AM though. I think Pep experimented with 3-4-3 to accommodate him but it didn't really work. I remember reading that Barca only have €50m to spend on summer transfers and will want to rebuild their attack and defence, and they need a GK, so maybe they will sell Cesc.
    But who to. PSG, chelsea, city, arsenal are the only options I feel.

cesc isn't even an am, more centre mid with license to get forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    But who to. PSG, chelsea, city, arsenal are the only options I feel.
    We have first refusal and a 50% sell on clause if he goes to another team. Barca also still owe us money for Hleb and the original Cesc deal so we have a good bargaining position.

I don't think he'll go to another English club and certainly not to PSG. There are rumours of Milan though.

ReputationRep:
    IM SO GLAD TO HAVE FOUNT THIS!! whoever made this not only gets allot of respect but a true legend :P haha

ReputationRep:
    We have first refusal and a 50% sell on clause if he goes to another team. Barca also still owe us money for Hleb and the original Cesc deal so we have a good bargaining position.

I don't think he'll go to another English club and certainly not to PSG. There are rumours of Milan though.
    Milan won't have the money. Although he'd be a great addition I don't see barca selling for less than 30mil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Milan won't have the money. Although he'd be a great addition I don't see barca selling for less than 30mil.
    Does that mean we'd only have to pay 15 million?

A Jovetic-Fabregas dynamic would be incredible, imo - even if it meant Cazorla on the left. Not that I think it's actually going to happen; the Fabregas-out rumours rumours don't seem to have much substantial ground from what I can see, and just seem like sensationalism based around Barca's recent troubles. Of course, that's just my reading of it; I didn't think Fabregas would leave Arsenal when he did either. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I think so. Depends on the contract if it's a sell on clause to another team then no. But if it's a sell on clause to everyone then yes it'll be 15 million or so to get him back.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it, if they know we are getting half they will add it on so end up charging like 40 or 50 odd they won't just let him for a net of 15m no chance

Ebicilio agrees a four-year deal with FC Twente :lolwut: :sad:

Really thought he was going to break through, with the amount of hype when he was signed and the generally positive feedback coming from youth games. Apparently, he had the option to renew his deal with us but opted to move back to Holland. Probably a smart move on his part, though, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I also personally feel that Cesc will leave Barca either this summer or the next. I've watched him play for Barca and he struggles a lot against the bigger teams. He can score and assist against the smaller teams but completely disappears in the bigger games. It must be agonising for him considering he'd be that one player that would win the game for Arsenal in the big games i.e Milan at the San Siro.

The great thing about the Cesc deal is that we've forced Barca to either sell him back to us or convince a team to buy him for £50m. I think considering his recent form they won't get anywhere near that.

I'm also surprised people are against Cazorla wide. Ever since he's been shifted there, we've played a lot better. It gives us a lot more balance and he seems to have a good understanding with Rosicky. The best Wenger teams always had a wide midfielder as we all know.

ReputationRep:
    Cesc isn't going to leaving Barca. Too much ego to enable it to happen- plus, any deal really benefits us more than Barca if all the clauses are to be believed. Plus, Xavi hasn't been playing been for a while now so, they'll probably ask Cesc to wait till maybe after end of WC to take Xavi's role. Plus, has been misused by them- Cesc scoring an hat trick shows how TOO far up the pitch he is been played. Tito will probably be sacked midway through next season around November time ala RDM.

Thiago is inferior to him so nothing to worry there on his behalf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Cesc isn't going to leaving Barca. Too much ego to enable it to happen- plus, any deal really benefits us more than Barca if all the clauses are to be believed. Plus, Xavi hasn't been playing been for a while now so, they'll probably ask Cesc to wait till maybe after end of WC to take Xavi's role. Plus, has been misused by them- Cesc scoring an hat trick shows how TOO far up the pitch he is been played. Tito will probably be sacked midway through next season around November time ala RDM.

Thiago is inferior to him so nothing to worry there on his behalf.
    He doesn't play like Xavi at all. It's like saying Arteta came in to replace Cesc. They are both different players. Cesc plays far too direct for Barca already, he'll be even worse as Xavi's replacement imo. However, they could change their system to accomidate Cesc in a deeper role.

Thiago is rated much higher than Cesc at Barca especially amongst the fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    He doesn't play like Xavi at all. It's like saying Arteta came in to replace Cesc. They are both different players. Cesc plays far too direct for Barca already, he'll be even worse as Xavi's replacement imo. However, they could change their system to accomidate Cesc in a deeper role.

Thiago is rated much higher than Cesc at Barca especially amongst the fans.
    Their style are actually more similar than people think. Xavi makes more forward runs than people think but yeah, Cesc is more direct. He is the heir to Xavi's place for both Spain and Barca.

I really doubt most of the Barca's fan rate Thiago much higher than Cesc. Thiago is still living on the performace of a preseason game, he hasn't really done anything since to be excited about :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Their style are actually more similar than people think. Xavi makes more forward runs than people think but yeah, Cesc is more direct. He is the heir to Xavi's place for both Spain and Barca.

I really doubt most of the Barca's fan rate Thiago much higher than Cesc. Thiago is still living on the performace of a preseason game, he hasn't really done anything since to be excited about :dontknow:
    I personally think that Barcelona see Busquets as Xavi's heir.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.