Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Understand his motive, understand how such an event was able to happen, improve security, and most importantly give the victims a chance to understand why the suffered because of him. Then of course the obvious trial and punishment etc.
    Corporal Punishment......

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love the huge amount of comments about the "unimaginable danger" the sworn officers were in. Someone should get a grip on reality, thousands of people deal with far more dangerous stuff on a daily basis.

ReputationRep:
    Liked that little speech at the end by the commissioner to the police on the radio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=7...ylistPageNum=1

Excellent live footage, crowds cheering the police.
    Thanks, but live videos seem to have stopped working for me for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    Liked that little speech at the end by the commissioner to the police on the radio
    What did he say?

ReputationRep:
    The dude is in for a federal death penalty btw but it's gonna take some 15 years and millions of dollars though.

ReputationRep:
    And now we're already onto the next piece of news, a 6.9 Earthquake in China! Off I go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    What did he say?
    Can't remember Lol

Something along the lines of proud to have worked with such professionals who have worked hard during the last few days bla bla, like something out of a a Michael Bay movie

ReputationRep:
    Also liked how someone later says "OK guys we'd like our shotguns back"

LMAO

ReputationRep:
    he deserves the death penalty it's a disgrace people are posting about the sympathy they have for him they should be more concerned for the family who had there 8 year old son killed and the mother and sister with limbs blown off the man deserves no sympathy his older brother might have been the driving force behind it but it doesn't make him in anyway less accountable.

ReputationRep:
    I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. He is younger and more impressionable though, and although they haven't revealed a lot about it, it sounds like he was pressurized into it by his brother..

Quick question, why did they take him away in an ambulance?!?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=7...ylistPageNum=1

Great, great footage of the Bostonians applauding the police as they drive home.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  BIQRfT_CUAAPfcF.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  43.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger)
    Corporal Punishment......

Do you mean corporal punishment or capital punishment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polka Dot)
    Do you mean corporal punishment or capital punishment?
    Yeah, my mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I know they have been doing this for decades but I still think the most extraordinary thing about this is the whole intelligence operation and co-ordination needed to pin-point those guys out of thousands (not even including the sheer mass of images and tips coming in from citizens) and then successfully hunt them down.

lol

ReputationRep:
    How will they get him to talk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Savvy Sage)
    How will they get him to talk?
    The decision is entirely up to him, he is guaranteed a death penalty either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CEKTOP)
    The decision is entirely up to him, he is guaranteed a death penalty either way.
    Why the death penalty? What will he be convicted for? I have no idea how legal proceedings work in USA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CEKTOP)
    Not really. If he's charged under state law, then he will not face the death penalty as there is no state death penalty in Massachussetts.

There is the federal death penalty, and the death penalty in other states. As there are no inherent federal issues in this case, it is likely he will be prosecuted under Massachussetts state law and thus not face the death penalty

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.