Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    will they hand any more invites out this december?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWFC4life)
    What are the chances?! There's a book written by ISC interview questions and answers second edition, having had my interview I can't disclose questions. However, that will really help and has all the bases covered

Posted from TSR Mobile
    is that what you mainly used to prepare if you don't mind me asking? hope your interview went well? Also, you know they ask you to upload your GCSE certificates, do they want any other certificates uploaded like confirming the qualifications you put into ucas like d of e?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelot92)
    will they hand any more invites out this december?
    from what I've heard, all invites for interviews in Dec have been handed out but there will be another batch sent out in January!

ReputationRep:
    I know that UG and GEM interviews are a bit different but from what I've seen on here about UG interviews and from what my GEM interview invite letter says there seems to be some similarities and was wondering if anyone with some KCL experience could give me a bit of info?

Just general things really ....

If you've had an interview with KCL with an ethical dilemma/issue, what kind of things was it about? (I'm trying to gauge whether it would be current affairs or general ethical issues like euthanasia etc.)

If anyone has experienced their MMI format - I know unlike some MMI unis it isn't really stations with tasks but more like mini interviews and was wondering if any of you seasoned interviewees (!! - I've only had one interview my entire life haha!!) had any tips?

Thanks in advance for any help and good luck to all UG and GEM applicants to KCL and other places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam-jam)
    I know that UG and GEM interviews are a bit different but from what I've seen on here about UG interviews and from what my GEM interview invite letter says there seems to be some similarities and was wondering if anyone with some KCL experience could give me a bit of info?

Just general things really ....

If you've had an interview with KCL with an ethical dilemma/issue, what kind of things was it about? (I'm trying to gauge whether it would be current affairs or general ethical issues like euthanasia etc.)

If anyone has experienced their MMI format - I know unlike some MMI unis it isn't really stations with tasks but more like mini interviews and was wondering if any of you seasoned interviewees (!! - I've only had one interview my entire life haha!!) had any tips?

Thanks in advance for any help and good luck to all UG and GEM applicants to KCL and other places
    Hi,
    The KCL GPEP interview is MMI...
    We're not actually allowed to say too much about it as your made to sign a piece of paper but sessentially it's 8 stations of 5 minutes long in duration.
    There are 2 ethics stations - Nothing particularily hard it's more like how you think. You get time to prepare before hand. One more ethics and more current events
    The other 6 stations are the obvious stuff really you'd expect in any interview (why medicine etc)... Unlike St Georges the MMI here the interviewers do speak back to you after you've answered the question so be prepared to be quick with some answers
    I really enjoyed it and was completely myself - And now I'm here. I screwed up on one station royally, but just laughed it off.
    Just show them you have a personality and you're not a robot. Everyone is from such different backgrounds.
    Hope that is of some help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcsurfer)
    Hi,
    We're not actually allowed to say too much about it as your made to sign a piece of paper but sessentially it's 8 stations of 5 minutes long in duration.
    There are 2 ethics stations - Nothing particularily hard it's more like how you think. You get time to prepare before hand. One more ethics and more current events
    The other 6 stations are the obvious stuff really you'd expect in any interview (why medicine etc)... Unlike St Georges the MMI here the interviewers do speak back to you after you've answered the question so be prepared to be quick with some answers
    I really enjoyed it and was completely myself - And now I'm here. I screwed up on one station royally, but just laughed it off.
    Just show them you have a personality and you're not a robot. Everyone is from such different backgrounds.
    Thats great information, thanks very much for it

Hope all's well at KCL !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katemcmurrugh)
    is that what you mainly used to prepare if you don't mind me asking? hope your interview went well? Also, you know they ask you to upload your GCSE certificates, do they want any other certificates uploaded like confirming the qualifications you put into ucas like d of e?
    I did use that book a lot! Erm the way I uploaded was scanning the documents and attaching them to a message to the college via the portal? (I didn't do DofE) I think it went well I hope they thought so too good luck for yours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcsurfer)
    Hi,
    This is really helpful, thank you I don't know if you're allowed to answer much more about the interview but just wonder/checking whether that means they're less likely to have stations where you have to break news to an actor/pack a suitcase etc?

ReputationRep:
    What's the closest underground stop / train station to where we go for interviews .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrAli786)
    What's the closest underground stop / train station to where we go for interviews .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    London bridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you find out about interviews on the portal or by post/email?

Also... when you got your portal login, did you have to fill in any forms or anything like that?

Kings called my school and told them my application is incomplete and I'm really worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badman101)
    Do you find out about interviews on the portal or by post/email?

Also... when you got your portal login, did you have to fill in any forms or anything like that?

Kings called my school and told them my application is incomplete and I'm really worried
    On the portal, check it regularly as I didn't get an email update. I don't think you do, I can't remember any. Best of luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamnc)
    On the portal, check it regularly as I didn't get an email update. I don't think you do, I can't remember any. Best of luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    THANKS!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if King's has rejected anyone yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel485)
    Does anyone know if King's has rejected anyone yet?
    Last year one of my friends got rejected in December before christmas not sure if rejections have commenced yet or not for this academic year

ReputationRep:
    Guys I got an interview (yay!) but when I accept it and press submit, and then go back to the page, it doesn't say I've accepted it, just refreshes so I don't know if they know I've accepted it or not. Should I ring or has this happened to others too?

ReputationRep:
    i had my kcl interview today, and dont worry the iscmedical book covers all the bases
    i think i had a good cop, bad cop routine though...and on top of that the tubes were delayed so i arrived so stressed! but yeah, i felt it was a pretty chill environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lixto)
    i had my kcl interview today, and dont worry the iscmedical book covers all the bases
    i think i had a good cop, bad cop routine though...and on top of that the tubes were delayed so i arrived so stressed! but yeah, i felt it was a pretty chill environment.
    How long did your interview take? What time were you free to leave by?I got to be back to a meeting after the interview and wanted to wrk out if ill miss it

Was there a tour too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lixto)
    How long did your interview last?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrAli786)
    How long did your interview take? What time were you free to leave by?I got to be back to a meeting after the interview and wanted to wrk out if ill miss it

Was there a tour too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the whole process of doing the tasks before + the interview takes 45mn, and you can leave straight after

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.