Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Maths with a year spent studying abroad at Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter, Lancaster and Nottingham. Sent my application just before Christmas and so far I have received three unconditional offers, yet to hear back from Bristol or Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimples_ND)
    For which course? And congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Physiotherapy. Got a load of certificates and ID documents to photocopy now as they want me to take the originals and copies for them to hold on to. (Maybe I should invoice them for the cost mwahahaha. "Thank you for the interview, before we finish.... here is my bill" )

ReputationRep:
    Declined two of my offers and withdrawn a pending choice.

Took up my unconditional offer from bbk

Job done in a few months!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Jon)
    Declined two of my offers and withdrawn a pending choice.

Took up my unconditional offer from bbk

Job done in a few months!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh but to have unconditional offers

Nice one. Glad it's all squared away so quickly, let's you focus on more immediate stuff now etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grim_Squeaker)
    Oh but to have unconditional offers

Nice one. Glad it's all squared away so quickly, let's you focus on more immediate stuff now etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh I know right! , I snapped it up right away!! Even though I have a place at uni and the accomodation hunt and student finance trail begins (In London we have an accom shortage and I still choose to move out of the familial home haha mental I know!) , I still have to finish my course at college lol

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I know right! , I snapped it up right away!! Even though I have a place at uni and the accomodation hunt and student finance trail begins (In London we have an accom shortage and I still choose to move out of the familial home haha mental I know!) , I still have to finish my course at college lol
    I wish I was so far down the line; 2 interviews 1 unsuccessful and waiting on 2 more. Then many assignments still to complete including 2 bio-chem and 1 psychology and psychology 2 hour exam all before half term

ReputationRep:
    I got all my offers so im feeling quite s****y ATM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex2003)
    I got all my offers so im feeling quite s****y ATM
    You deserve to, well done you

ReputationRep:
    Got all 5 offers to study Events Management from Coventry, uwe, Cardiff met, Southampton Solent & Bournemouth. I've firmed Bournemouth and my insurance is Cardiff met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillith)
    I wish I was so far down the line; 2 interviews 1 unsuccessful and waiting on 2 more. Then many assignments still to complete including 2 bio-chem and 1 psychology and psychology 2 hour exam all before half term
    Aww you'll get there! what subject did you apply for

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got chemistry offers from St Andrews, Liverpool and Warwick, with interviews this month at Sheffield and Manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenn.)
    Wow, congrats. What have you applied for?
    Computer animation and visual effects

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I've only just replied.
    I've applied for primary teaching at Brighton. Only applied to the one uni as I'm a mature student.
    You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    OMG! Are you actually serious? You got BBCCE at AS and you got three interviews for Medicine AND a place at a university outside the UK?! Omggg, your personal statement must have been brilliant!

What university did you apply outside of UK? And how did your interviews go, if you don't mind me asking?

Just so you know, I got BCC at AS, and I got it up to AABa in my second year, after a lot of retakes, so it can be done.
    Haha yes I'm very serious I've applied to Tripoli University with my Libyan Secondary Education Certificate (the libyan equivalent of A Levels). I like to think my personal statement was good because I spent A LOT of time on it! I've also entered my international qualification on UCAS as well so that might have improved my chances as well.

Really?! Well done on your grades!!! I was feeling quite disheartened because it looks so hard!! Can I ask how you revised/how early you started revision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyla_Mikaeal)

Really?! Well done on your grades!!! I was feeling quite disheartened because it looks so hard!! Can I ask how you revised/how early you started revision?
    Thanksss, and yes, I revised really early for my exams last year. We had January exams last year, and I started revising really hard as soon as I started A2. I had 7 exams in January, I got 5A's, 1B and 1C in my exams. After I finished my January exams, I started revising for my next units really quickly, didn't do as well in my June exams though. I had 8 exams, got 5A's, 1B, 1C and an E. That shocking E I got in my final Biology unit basically killed me. I was confident I could get the A for Biology, but I got a B :/ oh well.

Good luck in your studies! Work hard! I'm slacking this year by the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    Thanksss, and yes, I revised really early for my exams last year. We had January exams last year, and I started revising really hard as soon as I started A2. I had 7 exams in January, I got 5A's, 1B and 1C in my exams. After I finished my January exams, I started revising for my next units really quickly, didn't do as well in my June exams though. I had 8 exams, got 5A's, 1B, 1C and an E. That shocking E I got in my final Biology unit basically killed me. I was confident I could get the A for Biology, but I got a B :/ oh well.

Good luck in your studies! Work hard! I'm slacking this year by the way!
    Wow! When exactly did you start revising for your summer exams? and when did you start hardcore revision (like late nights and stuff)?

ReputationRep:
    I just received an unconditional offer from Cardiff Met to do Graphic Communication. I went to an interview there and they sent me the email later on that night, i also have 2 more interviews coming up with UCA and Bath Spa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyla_Mikaeal)
    Wow! When exactly did you start revising for your summer exams? and when did you start hardcore revision (like late nights and stuff)?
    I never did late night revision. I just stuck to my timetable. I went to sleep around 11pm-12am. I woke up around 7am on weekends to start revision. And like I said before, straight after my January exams finished, I started studying for the June exams. I didn't take a week break or anything, I just really learnt my mistake from AS. And I'm guessing you did the same in AS too, right? You started too late? And probably your exam preparation wasn't right. So make sure you fix up on exam preparation, keep hitting A's on past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Aww you'll get there! what subject did you apply for

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks and adult nursing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobyKevs)
    I just received an unconditional offer from Cardiff Met to do Graphic Communication. I went to an interview there and they sent me the email later on that night, i also have 2 more interviews coming up with UCA and Bath Spa.
    What are your firm and insurance choices? Cardiff Met is my firm

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.