Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    CONGRATULATIONS that's fantastic!!!! When did you send your application?
    I sent it off on the 15th October. The 2 week email/UMS questionnaire came in on the 27th and the 8 week email came on the 7th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChangeOurWorld)
    I got an unconditional offer for BSc Philosophy & Politics a few hours ago! Very happy as I was absolutely terrified I would get rejected this year.

I got an offer from LSE last year for Law but I declined it in favour of UCL and I thought getting in then was just a fluke!
    Congratulations. So, just to clarify, are you already in university right now? Did you apply again? I hear a lot of talk about people 'applying next year' and as an international student I am a bit confused. Do you transfer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olymedeus)
    I sent it off on the 15th October. The 2 week email/UMS questionnaire came in on the 27th and the 8 week email came on the 7th!
    I sent mine on the 14th October and got my 8 week email on 31st October. I applied for maths and economics so hopefully that means they'll send me their decision soon!! Are you international or from the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barleywolf)
    Are you from the UK or are you an international student?
    International, although within EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barleywolf)
    Congratulations. So, just to clarify, are you already in university right now? Did you apply again? I hear a lot of talk about people 'applying next year' and as an international student I am a bit confused. Do you transfer?

Aha so basically last year I applied to LSE for law and got in but rejected it in favour of another university. Only my offer for admission to both universities was A*AA at A Level and I only achieved AAA (I missed out by 2 marks). The university that I rejecte LSE for rejected me in August as i didn't achieve the grades required. As a result I am on a gap year (so a year out) currently nannying in France. If that makes sense? But no I am not at university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olymedeus)
    I received an offer for Maths with Econ about 2 hours ago
    Thanks for the heads up! I actually sent my application on the same date as you did, sounds like you are a very strong candidate though, my 8 weeks email came on the 31st of October and I am still yet to hear a response from them.

Do you mind sharing your AS results / A level predicted / GCSE results? (or IGCSE / IB predicted or whatever programme you are using)

Eughhh the waiting game is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChangeOurWorld)
    Aha so basically last year I applied to LSE for law and got in but rejected it in favour of another university. Only my offer for admission to both universities was A*AA at A Level and I only achieved AAA (I missed out by 2 marks). The university that I rejecte LSE for rejected me in August as i didn't achieve the grades required. As a result I am on a gap year (so a year out) currently nannying in France. If that makes sense? But no I am not at university
    I see, thanks for the explanation. And congratulations again on your offer.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer ~4 hours ago to study BSc Government and Economics! I wish everyone luck if they haven't heard back!

ReputationRep:
    Wow a lot of people got offers today! I also just got an offer with BSc Maths with Econ woop Well done everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmethed0ctor)
    Wow a lot of people got offers today! I also just got an offer with BSc Maths with Econ woop Well done everyone!
    congratz! how is ur gcse & as/a level like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AakankshaS)
    Any internationals get offers for law yet? I got the 8 week email on 10th October and it's 27th November now. God ������
    Same here! Got the 8 week email on the 10th, no news today. Sigh. Next week's our last! Which country are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xcartoonheart)
    Just a tip: LSE is a real stickler for the personal statement so be careful if you're applying to courses that have slightly different focuses eg. Someone applied for their international history course at my school and they ended up getting rejected because they mentioned some early modern periods as their interests and LSE dont offer any modules before a certain century (18th or 19th I think?) as seen on the website and they were told this in their feedback. So make sure you've focused your interests exactly on things they offer in their courses.
    hmm, I'm currently at LSE and we're doing History of the 1500's, one of the main courses is of that era ect so I don't understand why they were rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by standkakao)
    congratz! how is ur gcse & as/a level like?
    Thank you! I have 7A*, 10A, 1B and 1C at GCSE. AAAB at AS with A's in Maths, Biology & English Lit, and a B in Chemistry, predicted A*A*A* in Maths, Bio and Literature and self teaching AS Further Maths

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I have 7A*, 10A, 1B and 1C at GCSE. AAAB at AS with A's in Maths, Biology & English Lit, and a B in Chemistry, predicted A*A*A* in Maths, Bio and Literature and self teaching AS Further Maths
    Wait what you did 19 subjects for ur gcse? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer today for Law. Anyone else on here get one? In case anyone is interested in my results and status here is everything about me: I applied late September. I am an international student. Predicted A*A*A*A and A* achieved last year. AS are AAAA excluding A* achieved. GCSE's were 7A* an 3A. Decent personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by standkakao)
    Wait what you did 19 subjects for ur gcse? :eek:
    I did a "diploma course" in media, so technically it's 7A*, 4As, a B and a C but apparently the diploma equals 7 GCSEs :') No, I did 13 GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer for philosophy and economics yet?

ReputationRep:
    WOOHOOO congrats!! when did you send your application?

ReputationRep:
    hey i just wanted to ask, who receives the 8 week email? Only the realistic candidates or the majority who meet the minimum requirements? (just asking as i received the 8 week email a week back.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    WOOHOOO congrats!! when did you send your application?
    Thank you very much! I sent mine October 23rd Got the 8 week email 13 days ago but lo and behold, they replied early

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.