Guys offers from Edinburgh? anyone?

Nope, haven't heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkin08)
    No and it's cracking me up waiting.
    :mad:
    (Original post by Lautje96)
    Nope, haven't heard anything yet.
    Honestly the wait is killing me! I want to apply for accommodation already! Are you guys looking to firm Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE)
    Honestly the wait is killing me! I want to apply for accommodation already! Are you guys looking to firm Edinburgh?
    Yes but luckily I don't need to get accommodation. Hope we hear soon.:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    trying to decide between St andrews and Durham (possibly Edinburgh if they give me an offer).

Its such a difficult choice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkin08)
    Yes but luckily I don't need to get accommodation. Hope we hear soon.:unimpressed:
    I'm mostly not firming Edinburgh anyway but I just want to know if I got in lol. Did you hear back from your other choices?

ReputationRep:
    I will definitely firm Edinburgh, as it is the only uni I've applied for through UCAS. If I don't get an offer, I will go to a university in the Netherlands (I'm Dutch)

ReputationRep:
    I will definitely firm Edinburgh, as it is the only uni I've applied for through UCAS. If I don't get an offer, I will go to a university in the Netherlands (I'm Dutch)
    Good luck then

ReputationRep:
    Good luck then
    Thanks You too!

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham or UCL, what do you guys think? I'm essentially stuck between them, could really use an opinion. Is UCL really that much better than Bham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allievy)
    Birmingham or UCL, what do you guys think? I'm essentially stuck between them, could really use an opinion. Is UCL really that much better than Bham?
    UCL easily - I'd say because of its reputation, and your employability afterwards too!

ReputationRep:
    Guys offers from Edinburgh? anyone?
    Just got an unconditional offer for BSc Psych at Edinburgh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-J-)
    UCL easily - I'd say because of its reputation, and your employability afterwards too!
    Well that's true but I found the course structure at UCL quite..umm...field-specific; it must have sth to do with their postgrad study options that are mostly for clinical and developmental. Birmingham, on the other hand, cover as much aspects of modern psychology as possible, including forensic (which is something I would love to do); also they have a MSc undergrad option which is a fourth year of either research or practice.

So...I'm actually leaning very much towards Bham, but I feel a bit uneasy putting a uni such as UCL as my insurance-which is why I mainly want to know how well Bham is regarded in the UK (I'm an EU student) or how good the department really is ...

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer from Bath Bsc just now!! Finally!!
    It took such a long time for them to reply...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabelles)
    Just got an unconditional offer for BSc Psych at Edinburgh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow congratulations! Are you an EU-student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crysallen)
    SAME!! I just received mine too! I've been on edge since September haha! Did you apply for the course with the placement year? x

ReputationRep:
    Wow congratulations! Are you an EU-student?
    Thank you I'm a Scottish student

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crysallen)
    Congrats! I'm still waiting )): I applied for the 4 year course though so that may be why

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloodoranges)
    Should I firm Nottingham or Manchester? I prefer the city environment of Manchester, but I hear the course is better at Notts. So difficult!
    personally, I really like the Nottingham course and I know people there do too. Don't know as much about Manchester, but Notts has a good reputation for Psych... (I applied there too!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzi23)
    personally, I really like the Nottingham course and I know people there do too. Don't know as much about Manchester, but Notts has a good reputation for Psych... (I applied there too!)
    This is exactly how I felt too! I am interested in the course (and also loved the Broadgate Park accommodation too,) but I've always wanted to go to uni in a city environment like Manchester.

Which universities did you apply to, and did you hear back from them? Do you know which one you are going to firm?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.