OCR F581 Markets in Action - 11 May 2015 Watch

edrislatifi96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone have an outstanding pollution permit essay I can read? I have a very very good feeling that Pollution Permits/subsidies will come up as the 18 mark question. Last year I predicted taxes would come up and the year before I managed to predict that regulations would come up..
atimsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 2014_GCSE)
its good to know thats theres others feeling like
atimsa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by edrislatifi96)
Does anyone have an outstanding pollution permit essay I can read? I have a very very good feeling that Pollution Permits/subsidies will come up as the 18 mark question. Last year I predicted taxes would come up and the year before I managed to predict that regulations would come up..
how did u manage to predict it 2 years in a row and like did u retake as twice ?
DominicSut1998
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone got a clear structure for their 18 markers? If so could you post to me?
edrislatifi96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by atimsa)
how did u manage to predict it 2 years in a row and like did u retake as twice ?
I was late for lasts years exam and they didn't let me sit it... so I have only done it once. + You can predict by looking at what came up in the previous years from past papers.. and last time trade able pollution permits came up was 2012..
clempayne98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If anyone wants to give some ideas towards what the essay question would be on id be greatful! cramming revision hahaha
higgin97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jamesnicholson9)
Can we stop arguing? Not helping anyone with their revision which is what this thread is for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nicholson
ollieui
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey guys, I'm just thinking I don't know much about tradeable pollution permits.

People have been saying this is likely to be the 18 marker, so I'm wondering if this is okay as a rough guide

into
TPP involve giving firms a legal right to pollute a certain amount. This is based upon a set level of pollution allowed by the government. Permits are issued to match this level of pollution varying on number of firms. If permits aren't used, they can be sold. If firms breaks pollution limit, they can be fined.

Solves market failure as government can set socially optimum level of pollution which increases allocative efficiency

however it may not solve market failure as deciding on the level of pollution is dificult and they may not set the level as the socially optimum level. It also costs a lot of money to implement and enforce, so there's an opportunity cost. Firms may also keep polluting at high levels if the fines are not high enough.

So like obviously i would make that larger and more wordy but thats the basics of what I'm saying. In regards to how it does solve market failure would I not need a diagram? Does anybody know of a diagram?

Also, does anybody know how to make an effective judgement for the top top bands?
J.M.Keynes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which diagram should I use for state provision of education:

A vertical supply curve or a normal supply and demand curve which a supply curve shifted right
J.M.Keynes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For tradeable polluter permits, would you draw a vertical supply curve and say fixed quantity is less than free market quantity or would argue that tradeable permits raise costs of production and therefore supply shifts left and equilibrium quantity reduced
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by J.M.Keynes)
Which diagram should I use for state provision of education:

A vertical supply curve or a normal supply and demand curve which a supply curve shifted right
A regular one. Education is not in static supply...

Posted from TSR Mobile
J.M.Keynes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by *Stefan*)
A regular one. Education is not in static supply...

Posted from TSR Mobile
But surely if provided by the government, their supply wouldn't be affected by the price
2014_GCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Remember guys PUBLIC VS PRIVATE SECTOR last came up in 2010 which is the one that hasn't been used in the longest time.
It could quite easily be this!!
J.M.Keynes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For the healthcare question in Jan 2010, would you draw a vertical supply curve imposed by the government or a two supply curves with one shifted to the right
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But surely if provided by the government, their supply wouldn't be affected by the price
Thing is that, when defining education, it includes both private and public education.

In such a question, you cannot exclude private education, because it's still education and still affects society (particularly so in the UK). Thus, government provision will shift the supply curve to the right, adding to the total provision of education.
J.M.Keynes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For tradeable polluter permits, would you draw a vertical supply curve and say fixed quantity is less than free market quantity or would argue that tradeable permits raise costs of production and therefore supply shifts left and equilibrium quantity reduced
J.M.Keynes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For tradeable polluter permit, would you draw a vertical supply curve and say fixed quantity is less than free market quantity or would argue that tradeable permits raise costs of production and therefore supply shifts left and equilibrium quantity reduced
Jeff ?
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hammy_23)
Feedback posted it before too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't quote me completely on anything since i am also only a student

Looking at the essay your L4 was done really well talking about tradable pollution permits as an alternative

However the L3 IN MY OPINION was relatively weak. You mentioned that regulation would limit pollution. This is good however i would only award L3 band 1 for it. From my experience of doing past papers, i think L3 B2 will only be award if you talk about how Regulation WOULD CORRECT market failure. Like a diagram showing how supply would drop and explain that MSB would be equal to MSC in the new equilibrium.

The maximum mark id give for a weak L3 would be 15
Please remember this is only my opinion and our writing style might be completely different
whitg016
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fixed inelastic supply curve. The government only supplies a certain number. Demand will increase and shift outwards so this would raise the price of the permits
Akmarb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think it will be about the private and public sector. Tradable pollution permits won't come up on its own. Maybe a regulation or subsidy question will come up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.6%
No - but I will (103)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.79%

Watched Threads