The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have a list of or can list the experiments they can ask us to describe?
after that chem exam im super bricking it for this
Original post by Flux_Dubstep
But in the example I posted, it is allowed

I mean sometimes things are in the allow section
Im saying it wasnt even in that it was in the real section
Original post by Sam596
Does anyone have a list of or can list the experiments they can ask us to describe?

Already mentioned earlier somewhere, it is: SHM, specific heat capacity and Brownian motion.

SHM - know what it is and how to interpret what's going on, including energy exchanges.
SHC - know how to measure it (by heating solid/liquid) in a circuit and then calculate it.
Brownian - well it's just proof of random motion; how? Well putting jar of gas under a microscope with light shining on it so one can see the motion of gas molecules which is random proves it is hitting air particles.

Original post by RTGSD
Where can I find the June 2014 mark scheme?

It is on one of the earlier pages.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1124
Where can I find the June 2014 mark scheme?
If the gravitational force due to a planet was the only force acting on a satellite, could you use a=v^2/r to calculate g, by doing g=v^2/r? I'm slightly confused, is g equal to a when the gravitational force is the only force acting on an object?

10 person cap for non premium users. Better to use tinychat
June 2012 Question 4bi) A to B:
I was always taught when the temperature increases, only KE increases not the PE, but in the markscheme you are not awarded a mark if you put that only KE increases.

OCR man...
Original post by actanide
June 2012 Question 4bi) A to B:
I was always taught when the temperature increases, only KE increases not the PE, but in the markscheme you are not awarded a mark if you put that only KE increases.

OCR man...

You were tough wrong when T increases both KE and PE increase. When change of state occurs KE stays the same only PE increases
bricking it for this exam. need a solid high A
Right basically, is g = a? if the force due to g is the only force acting on the object
Guys are graphical calculators allowed in the exam? ill store the answers so we can all increase our anxiety levels....

(not expecting great things in this exam, its my worst one of all :colonhash: )
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TommyCooper97
Objects would not be pulled through the surface of the planet though, I think is why, but I know you are not supposed to draw them into the planet.

I'm pretty sure you're actually supposed to draw them all to the centre of the planet where they meet at a point.
Original post by verello12
You were tough wrong when T increases both KE and PE increase. When change of state occurs KE stays the same only PE increases

Ahh fair enough, i was always taught that its either one or another, but ill deffo remember that for tomorrow if it pops up!

Have a feeling therell be a thermal equilibrium question tomorrow, havent seen one for ages
Original post by Ellios
I'm pretty sure you're actually supposed to draw them all to the centre of the planet where they meet at a point.

No, in the mark scheme under guidance for examiners it says something along the lines of "judge by eye that all lines meet in at one point in the centre
anyone got any last tips for the exam!? Thankssss
Original post by chem@uni
Question 5ci on June 2013 can anyone help because if V is constant then

V=nRT/P so then I thought
T/P = T/P

but apparently it is P/T can anyone explain?

you know the equation of pV/T = constant? well you can do pV/T = pV/T. The volume stays the same so V cancels out, so youre left with P/T = P/T
Anyone have a list of all the experiments/?
Original post by actanide
you know the equation of pV/T = constant? well you can do pV/T = pV/T. The volume stays the same so V cancels out, so youre left with P/T = P/T

No my way works as well but thank you

Latest