Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    I did the exam last year, so can help anybody, if necessary.

If you have any questions, want me to check any essays you write or would just like some advice, then feel free to ask me.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i'm doing romeo and juliet right now but i dont know if i will be doing it next year? what will i take in year 11?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawideksoltysik)
    What did you talk about? I am hoping for an A overall in English Lit but I am concerned it will not happen - which would be a great shame considering the tremendous amount of work I put in to make this happen.
    Me too I'm hoping for an A too!! Can't remember exactly but talked about imagery manhunt uses delicate fragile imagery to show fractured relationship in contrast THCM uses imagery to show how passionate the guy is in a relationship which is causing it to break down. Etc you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stubyyyyy)
    Guys, what was the hardest cluster for the poetry exams this year?
    Sorry if this has already been answered - don't want to look through 57 pages
    Probably Conflict because many people misread one of the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by web-girl)
    Any conflict people do out of the blue and bayonet charge? Writing about fear was so easy, so glad I picked that!
    Yes I did! I hope my points were OK though, because I felt rather pressured for time!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone remember the actual question about The Manhunt in the Relationships Cluster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompsonnn)
    does anyone remember the actual question about The Manhunt in the Relationships Cluster?
    It was along the lines of 'How are damaged relationships presented in The Manhunt and one other poem".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMuna21)
    It was along the lines of 'How are damaged relationships presented in The Manhunt and one other poem".
    taa very much, i can finally sleep again aha

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for the Brendan Gallacher question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stows66)
    What did people write for the Brendan Gallacher question
    I wrote various points such as when Brendon died, it wasn't actually the imaginary friend dying, it was in fact the hopes and dreams of the girl fading away. The pathetic fallacy of the 'pouring rain' also foreshadowed the events to come and, ultimately, the loss of hope within the story

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone compare mametz wood and at the border

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awsomedude)
    i compared my last duchess to les grands seigneurs as they use possessive language and they are proud of their belongings(men and duchess)? Is this wrong please guys reply im literally crabbing myself!!!
    omg i wrote about the exact same thing dont worry a few people in my school did as well !!

ReputationRep:
    For relationships - did anyone else do the manhunt with hour?? I've looked through a few threads and haven't seen anyone write the same thing!! The links I made were really long-winded, basically that a deeper meaning in hour could be that Duffy believes love will inevitably end, and therefore relationships will inevitably be damaged (I said that love needs time to survive, but will be ruined by time inevitably because 'time hates love' ,- there's way more to it than that but yeah, its kinda a weak link, huh...)
    Just wondering if anyone wrote anything vaguely similar to that?? I knew they probably wanted you to compare with QuickDraw, but couldn't think of anything... Thanks and good luck for your results everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do for relationships praise song for my mother and sister maude on the theme trust???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeedACleverName)
    Did anybody else do the Sister Maude question? I did and I compared it to Sonnet 43. What did you compare it with?
    i did praise song for my mother!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what was the actual question ? For character and voice

ReputationRep:
    Mine was a poem and Journey's End :,(

I took mine on May the 18th

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry if someone else has already said this - but now I'm panicking....Did anyone do Manhunt and In Paris With You? I only know one other person that did and boy am I freaking. English was my only hope, and by God I think I've blown it...

ReputationRep:
    I did character and voice and compared my last duchess to the horse whisperer, did anyone else or have i failed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exams_suck)
    I did character and voice and compared my last duchess to the horse whisperer, did anyone else or have i failed?
    You won't have failed. It doesnt matter which poem you chose as long as you made good points and did analysis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlucy)
    I'm sorry if someone else has already said this - but now I'm panicking....Did anyone do Manhunt and In Paris With You? I only know one other person that did and boy am I freaking. English was my only hope, and by God I think I've blown it...
    I didn't do this but know for a fact that loads of other people in my school and on this thread have - it makes sense, they both talk about broken relationships. You should do really well, as long as you have good backed up points! Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.