Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    Today I got the "we're waiting until January to make all of our decisions" email, which is stressful... because seeing "Durham" my brain assumed "ohmygo****sadecision"
    Same here, made my heart skip a beat for a second but nope, just one of those emails ;-;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 430)
    Same here, made my heart skip a beat for a second but nope, just one of those emails ;-;
    I got a similar email today.
    I have applied for history.
    A*AAAAAAAAAB at GCSE
    ABBB (some resits to do)
    A*AA predicted
    Great personal statement. The A was 100 UMS.

Does this email mean that I am still in the running? - is it unlikely? Etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EzBB)
    I got a similar email today.
    I have applied for history.
    A*AAAAAAAAAB at GCSE
    ABBB (some resits to do)
    A*AA predicted
    Great personal statement. The A was 100 UMS.

Does this email mean that I am still in the running? - is it unlikely? Etc.
    Just an email to all applicants I think. I'm waiting for history too, sent mine off in October, it's been a long wait! Might not hear back til March apparently!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMer)
    Just an email to all applicants I think. I'm waiting for history too, sent mine off in October, it's been a long wait! Might not hear back til March apparently!
    Yeah I also got this same email this morning - a mini heart attack followed by some very mixed feelings! :,)

ReputationRep:
    I had that e mail yet got an offer recently so you could potentially get your offers before Jan

Got my Durham philosophy offer on the 4th of Dec... Any other philosophy applicants here?

(Original post by mazzaion)
    Today I got the "we're waiting until January to make all of our decisions" email, which is stressful... because seeing "Durham" my brain assumed "ohmygo****sadecision"
    I got that email too! I already got my Durham offer so I thought it was them emailing to say it had been revoked. I swear my heart stopped beating for a moment!

ReputationRep:
    Term is ending that's why, admissions tutors need a Christmas holiday :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My son just got an AAB offer for Geology :-)

ReputationRep:
    I also got that email but then 10 minutes later I got an offer from them for maths . So happy!

ReputationRep:
    So have some people been rejected already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I got that email too! I already got my Durham offer so I thought it was them emailing to say it had been revoked. I swear my heart stopped beating for a moment!
    Oh gosh I'm so glad it wasn't your offer being taken away, that'd be so sad!

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for theoretical physics just one hour ago!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for English and History! So pleased!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

So it's been around a month since my application was sent off and I haven't heard back...
    I do the IB diploma programme and applied for business and management, but I'm one point off the requirements...
    Do I still have a shot to get an offer? :/

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzySaskia)
    Just got an offer for English and History! So pleased!
    Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your gcse and a level grades are and when you sent off your application? I applied for English and philosophy on 5th November but was expecting to wait until next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jill800)
    Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your gcse and a level grades are and when you sent off your application? I applied for English and philosophy on 5th November but was expecting to wait until next year
    Thanks

Yeah no problem. At GCSE I got 8A*s and 2As and at AS 4 As, with a prediction of 3A*s. UCAS seems to indicate the unis received my application on 9th October, but yeah, I didn't expect to hear this side of New Year either! Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything for Comb Hons in Social Sciences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzySaskia)
    Thanks

Yeah no problem. At GCSE I got 8A*s and 2As and at AS 4 As, with a prediction of 3A*s. UCAS seems to indicate the unis received my application on 9th October, but yeah, I didn't expect to hear this side of New Year either! Good luck with your application
    Wow makes sense then, they're amazing stats! And thank you! *crossed fingers*

ReputationRep:
    GOT AN OFFER FOR LAW! I'm at a party and just checked UCAS Track out of habit. Time to get another drink to celebrate!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.