The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

I'm so happy that Bowlby was the 12 marker, was scared it was going to be on the working memory model!!!
Any predictions on grade boundaries? It's gonna be super high 😓
Original post by cole1997
I did exactly the same as you (but a few more in) and they're perfectly acceptable evaluation points! As long as you say that Genie supports Bowlby's sensitive period/continuity hypothesis/internal working model and that the Czech twins oppose those three things, you should be fine :smile:

Sound mate, i did say why yeah. Big relief.
Seems like everyone was happy with how this exam went :biggrin: Well done everyone :woo:

You can update the exam sentiment thread here:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3315679

:bl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KylieemilyJ
Was sooo goodddd!!!!!! Best paper, but unit 2 will be hard now and grade boundaries

Yeah, I'm betting on the fact that the grade boundaries are going to be super high now, everyone I've spoken to said that they found it easy!
Original post by AnonymousRutter
Sound mate, i did say why yeah. Big relief.

It was probably the best 12 marker that could have come up if I'm honest!!
This paper was sooooo good. But I feel like there going to make the grade boundaries high now
Original post by AnonymousRutter
So for the 12 mark question I blanked out when it came to evaluation points. So, i went with the (W) Czech Twins and (S) Genie and linked them back to what the theory suggests.

Does anyone know if either of them are right, or will at least pick up a few marks?

Czech twins and genie are to do with privation :/ not sure if you'd get any marks tbh
Reply 1128
So much for Institutionalisation... and Daycare... and Deprivation... lmao
Original post by Mwo
The paper was pretty straightforward!

I messed up completely on the anxiety/eyewitness testimony one though. I started writing about a study i saw on TV in hopes of getting marks.
The rest i think was a walk in the park..

For Bowlby, what did you guys write to evaluate? I wrote about Harlow's continuity supporting it, Lorenz' imprinting supporting it and Tronick et al. supporting it with monotropic bonds. Then I wrote as an evaluation point that Rutter & Schafer & Emerson had done studies on multiple attachments which Bowlby had not accounted for, and about the temperament hypothesis being unexplained in Bowlby's theory.

I mentioned Schaffer and Emerson & Rutter for multiple attachments too, that's a relief! I put Genie and the Czech twins too though, completely blanked about Lorenz!!
Original post by aditta1
Czech twins and genie are to do with privation :/ not sure if you'd get any marks tbh

They both support/oppose Bowlby's sensitive period/contiunity hypothesis/internal working model, so you can still use them.
Original post by Mwo
So much for Institutionalisation... and Daycare... and Deprivation... lmao

Was pretty much all the Strange Situation, definitely not too thrilled about that. Spent ages on the daycare section of the module!
I was so happy about the Strange Situation being like half the paper. And that fact that there were no research methods questions on graphs and stuff :biggrin:
So glad it was straightforward! Unit 2 will be evil though, I'm presuming :frown:
I actually thought that was a pretty nice exam, started on the 12 marker and still barely finished though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1135
Original post by cole1997
Was pretty much all the Strange Situation, definitely not too thrilled about that. Spent ages on the daycare section of the module!

Same! I'm glad it was quite simple but at the same time, I could have gotten a much better mark if I'd looked over a tiny detail on Eyewitness Testimony and not done ALL the stuff on what wasn't even on the paper.
How was the exam guys

I thought it was a good paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
So glad nothing on daycare came up!! I revised a lot of privation and institutionalisation but those didnt come up.

For the 12 marker on bowlby's theory i wrote about there being more than 1 attachment (against monotropy bond) and rutter (adopted after critical period) would those be worth marks?

I wrote about longitudinal and case study evaluation too.
it was nice yea BUT!!! I was using a laptop and when the exam officer was printing my work out, she showed me 3 pages and said is that it? i just saw the last question was the essay question so i thought it must be. BUT! It MUST be more than 3 pages, surely? i wrote loads! my essay was a page long but 3 pages? I think 5... i did do double enter for each question so im not sure if she got rid of that or not. But a full 3 pages on size 11... Please someone help. When will the exams be sent out? can i go tomorrow and ask to check if it is all there?
The research methods was so easy on that paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending