Turn on thread page Beta

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    Interview!

Email came at 12:30
    Well done has anyone else heard today? I rang and my application is still with the tutors and they are deciding if my degree has enough chemistry content. If after all this time I fail on that I'll be so disappointed, because it's something I can't change and reapply with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    Well done has anyone else heard today? I rang and my application is still with the tutors and they are deciding if my degree has enough chemistry content. If after all this time I fail on that I'll be so disappointed, because it's something I can't change and reapply with
    What degree are you doing? I don't think mine degree had enough Chem content but luckily I did Chem a level, good luck btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    What degree are you doing? I don't think mine degree had enough Chem content but luckily I did Chem a level, good luck btw
    Biology with microbiology, I've done quite a few Chem modules this semester meaning I didn't have the grades when I sent off my transcript but I'm hoping its enough. I got a first in Infection Science which had quite a few biochemical tests in but as for the other second and first year modules they were more biology based with a bit of chemistry. I hope they allow for third year as most of these modules do have chemistry in them like toxicology and current advances in the biosciences. So it's just a waiting game. I did a level chemistry but at the time I had a lot going on at home as my mum was really ill (which is on the roles and responsibilities form) so I hope I'm not penalised for it!

ReputationRep:
    Biology with microbiology, I've done quite a few Chem modules this semester meaning I didn't have the grades when I sent off my transcript but I'm hoping its enough. I got a first in Infection Science which had quite a few biochemical tests in but as for the other second and first year modules they were more biology based with a bit of chemistry. I hope they allow for third year as most of these modules do have chemistry in them like toxicology and current advances in the biosciences. So it's just a waiting game. I did a level chemistry but at the time I had a lot going on at home as my mum was really ill (which is on the roles and responsibilities form) so I hope I'm not penalised for it!
    Aww, I'm sorry fingers crossed for you, it's crazy the whole lack of chemistry thing I do neuroscience with pharmacology and dont think they count the pharmacology modules as chemistry even though we read medicinal chemistry papers for them :/ have you explained about your mum and stuff like not on the roles and responsibilities form to see if they will give you a bit of leeway with the a level Chem? You should hear soon either way so massive good luck! Is this your last option?

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I'm sorry fingers crossed for you, it's crazy the whole lack of chemistry thing I do neuroscience with pharmacology and dont think they count the pharmacology modules as chemistry even though we read medicinal chemistry papers for them :/ have you explained about your mum and stuff like not on the roles and responsibilities form to see if they will give you a bit of leeway with the a level Chem? You should hear soon either way so massive good luck! Is this your last option?
    I know I did mention it on the phone but I'm not sure if they were interested really. Yeah this is my final shot so I'm really hoping they do give me an interview it's driving me crazy!

ReputationRep:
    I know I did mention it on the phone but I'm not sure if they were interested really. Yeah this is my final shot so I'm really hoping they do give me an interview it's driving me crazy!
    Good luck!! Will you apply again if you don't get in?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!! Will you apply again if you don't get in?
    Not sure because if it is my degree then it won't change so there isn't much point

ReputationRep:
    Not sure because if it is my degree then it won't change so there isn't much point
    Thought they let people take the GAMSAT to make up for lack of Chem?

ReputationRep:
    Thought they let people take the GAMSAT to make up for lack of Chem?
    I took the gamsat this time but they've not mentioned it and I haven't told them, do you think I should? I'm not sure what I got, I think it was 55?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessBialan)
    Hey everyone! I'm a current first year med student at Keele, we have created a Facebook page for the 2016 offer holders to get to know each other so check it out and add yourself. You can also post questions for current students about anything regarding Keele life and the actual course. It's called Keele University Medicine 2016. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
    I can't find the page, can you send the link please

ReputationRep:
    I took the gamsat this time but they've not mentioned it and I haven't told them, do you think I should? I'm not sure what I got, I think it was 55?
    "Applicants with a 1st/2i honours degree in a non-science subject may be considered for the A100 course if they have taken the Graduate Australian Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT) and achieved either:- an overall score of 55 or more with a section III score of 58 or more supported by a score of 50 or more in all other sections OR- an overall score of 58 or more with a section III score of 55 or more supported by a score of 50 or more in all other sectionsthese applicants must also take the UKCAT. Allowances will be made for graduates whose A-level grades do not meet the usual criteria, as long as sufficient evidence of academic ability in the sciences is demonstrated."

It says this on their website, don't know much about the GAMSAT as haven't taken it but definitely worth telling them if you meet their requirements

ReputationRep:
    I would def tell them about your gamsat. I had to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! I'll call them Monday about it

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone who has had an interview confirm for each station did you have two minutes to read the prompt and then three inside the room ?

ReputationRep:
    Guys,

I could a pre-interview rejection. I sent an email asking why and they said they can't give me any feedback. Do you think it would be good to call? or no point? They said the reason is because I didn't achieve the required score for an interview, even though I met there UKCAT score, GCSE's were good and achieved 4As at AS level.

Regards,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theboss1998)
    Guys,

I could a pre-interview rejection. I sent an email asking why and they said they can't give me any feedback. Do you think it would be good to call? or no point? They said the reason is because I didn't achieve the required score for an interview, even though I met there UKCAT score, GCSE's were good and achieved 4As at AS level.

Regards,
    On the email they said they couldn't give any individual feedback until April I think it was. Read the email again and see?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tremerz)
    On the email they said they couldn't give any individual feedback until April I think it was. Read the email again and see?
    Well I thought If I phone them that would be an alternative and they would give me a good reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theboss1998)
    Well I thought If I phone them that would be an alternative and they would give me a good reason.
    Sounds like you didn't score high enough on the R&R form. I'd jwait until April and then ask for feedback on your R&R form.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Keele do full body dissection? Can't work it out on the website and forgot what they said when I went on the open day

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Keele do full body dissection? Can't work it out on the website and forgot what they said when I went on the open day
    Hello. Yes they do. My son is a first year, and I think they started on week 2 with opening the chest wall.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.