The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Still laughing at how he started Fellaini and not Schneiderlin. Guy's asking for the sack tbf.
IKR that's exactly what I said then JamBoi said.....

(Original post by jam277)
Schneiderlin is more defensive than Fellaini and makes little sense in this system. He's not got the ball playing ability of Carrick, he's not got the dynamism of Herrera and he doesn't have the aerial prowess of Fellaini(who was quite important in this system as he and Young used to overload the left).He's chosen a good team for once. People can't really complain about his team selection today..
:rolleyes:
Diego Costa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
I have a feeling Memphis is the new Ryan Babel. Big hype as a young player after stomping all over a weak league but just does not look like the player with the mentality to influence games in the Premier League. Manchester United is too big for him and he doesn't seem like he's rising to the challenge.

Have a feeling when a new manager is in, we will hear about a "summer clear out" and Memphis will be one of the players they are looking to move on to try and raise funds for new signings.
When did Ryan Babel stamp all over the Eredivisie? I must have missed that.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Diego Costa)
When did Ryan Babel stamp all over the Eredivisie? I must have missed that.
Well he came with the hype after playing for Ajax:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...new-Henry.html
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
IKR that's exactly what I said then JamBoi said.....

:rolleyes:
Well it worked in the second half of the previous season. Or maybe United are just crap as it is and Schneiderlin would have done very little to change the fact that you were unable to create many real chances(other than Fellaini's chance that Schneiderlin wouldn't have even got to due to being in a deeper position) over the 90 mins.
Diego Costa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
Well he came with the hype after playing for Ajax:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...new-Henry.html
A Daily Mail comparison counts for nothing. So, back to the original question, when did he stamp all over the Dutch league?
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Pretty sure Schneiderlin would have scored our only chance. And made more contributions than Fellaini had made (0).
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Would Schneiderlin have got there in the first place? Ask yourself that question.

He would have been restricted as a DM alongside Carrick.
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well it worked in the second half of the previous season. Or maybe United are just crap as it is and Schneiderlin would have done very little to change the fact that you were unable to create many real chances(other than Fellaini's chance that Schneiderlin wouldn't have even got to due to being in a deeper position) over the 90 mins.
backtracking like a *****
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xKay)
backtracking like a *****
There is absolutely 0 backtracking in what I have said. Backtracking would suggest that I do not retain that playing Fellaini and using the formation that worked last season wasn't a good tactical decision considering how bad you've been this season.
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If we are going by stats then starting Schneiderlin would have been 10000x better than Fellani....not only that I think Schniederlin offers way more to the team (I saw some stats earlier quoting that when Schneiderlin has started in 5 games or more we have not lost the game when he doesn't start we have lost all 5).

Fellani is a one dimensional player....he's just good for high long balls because of his aerial ability but other than that he doesn't offer a lot at all and he always makes unnecessary fouls (and **** ball control) it pisses me off.
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There is absolutely 0 backtracking in what I have said. Backtracking would suggest that I do not retain that playing Fellaini and using the formation that worked last season wasn't a good tactical decision considering how bad you've been this season.
just checking to see if you ignore listed me
appreciate it
AdyLy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
look what he says
ht tp://bit.ly/1mGdbG8
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
If we are going by stats then starting Schneiderlin would have been 10000x better than Fellani....not only that I think Schniederlin offers way more to the team (I saw some stats earlier quoting that when Schneiderlin has started in 5 games or more we have not lost the game when he doesn't start we have lost all 5).

Fellani is a one dimensional player....he's just good for high long balls because of his aerial ability but other than that he doesn't offer a lot at all and he always makes unnecessary fouls (and **** ball control) it pisses me off.
Stats like that are dodgy. There was a stat that Arsenal didn't win a single game in 11/12 when Arteta wasn't starting e.g. and people used that as a reason why Arteta shouldn't be dropped especially in 12/13 when it was clear Arteta was not good enough for the DLP role.

Fellaini is one dimensional but your issue last season and this season is that your transition play was poor. Second half of last season you played much better because the defence and Carrick had the vertical option of using Fellaini, so that gets you high up the pitch in a shorter amount of time.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Like I keep banging on, Fellaini should have been sold in the summer after a decent-ish season. Now we're stuck with the pile of ****.
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Give it Giggsy to the end of the season
I understand the sentiment, but it really sounds absurd to sack a manager and then turn around and give his assistant the job

I think, sack LVG and give Nicky Butt a chance who has actually been managing the u21 (i think) quite well. I would personally love for us to sack LVG and get Roy Keane in on a interim basis until we negotiate for Jose.
swirly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
I understand the sentiment, but it really sounds absurd to sack a manager and then turn around and give his assistant the job

I think, sack LVG and give Nicky Butt a chance who has actually been managing the u21 (i think) quite well. I would personally love for us to sack LVG and get Roy Keane in on a interim basis until we negotiate for Jose.
strong comprehension
SirAlexFerguson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by swirly)
strong comprehension
Its just my point of view, its okay if you disagree

The Roy Keane bit was just a wish lol Due to his past with Fergie, I know its impossible
swirly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its just my point of view, its okay if you disagree

The Roy Keane bit was just a wish lol Due to his past with Fergie, I know its impossible
'Give it Giggsy to the end of the season' is an ongoing joke.

you thought he was being serious lol
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

(Original post by swirly)
'Give it Giggsy to the end of the season' is an ongoing joke.

you thought he was being serious lol
dnt b mean
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
3 draws followed by 4 losses.. LVG to be sacked in the morning?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (143)
18.94%
Labour (322)
42.65%
Liberal Democrats (153)
20.26%
Green Party (41)
5.43%
Brexit Party (21)
2.78%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.26%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.79%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)