The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Wow well done for planning all of this out :smile: I know your in Year 10 and most people say ' oh you've got a long way away chill' blah blah. But bear in mind it's better to start early than late. :smile: Hope you get your A's that you want. :smile:

thank you very much :smile: good luck with all of your revision and your upcoming GCSEs :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
thank you very much :smile: good luck with all of your revision and your upcoming GCSEs :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
it's always good to go over things ...
i made that post because people wanted me to do.
i have my goals and ambitions and i will achieve them. yes i am in y10 but that makes no difference.
and yes i have heard of burn out, yet if i treat myself well that will be prevented.

Posted from TSR Mobile

doing the amount of revision that you made it sound like you were going to do will most likely lead to burnout, I have seen it with people in my year at school who relied on excessive revision to do well at gcse and are now failing their a levels.

Understand and learn, don't memorise.
Original post by richpanda
doing the amount of revision that you made it sound like you were going to do will most likely lead to burnout, I have seen it with people in my year at school who relied on excessive revision to do well at gcse and are now failing their a levels.

thank you, I appreciate your advice. how did you do in your GCSEs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finally It seems like i have found someone who has already done their gcse's :smile:
What did you get in terms of results but that's only if you want to say it :smile:
How did you revise for your sciences ?
thank you, I appreciate your advice. how did you do in your GCSEs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 6A*, 3A and rest were B

Wow well done how did you revise for your sciences and what board did you do ? :smile:
Wow well done how did you revise for your sciences and what board did you do ? :smile:

OCR 21st, made sure I understood the concepts when they came up in class (biggest thing you can do).

For my 1/2/3 modules (the ********ty easy ones), I made quick notes from the revision guide and ignored the stuff you don't need to know, and I finished those by Easter. For my harder modules (4/5/6/7) I wrote out notes on A4 pieces of paper with subtitles for different sections, e.g. the development of the periodic table or the different types of bonding.

After I did that, I started more on past papers and practising 6 markers (which they often repeat). To go over the content again, I did mind maps for all the harder modules.
OCR 21st, made sure I understood the concepts when they came up in class (biggest thing you can do).

For my 1/2/3 modules (the ********ty easy ones), I made quick notes from the revision guide and ignored the stuff you don't need to know, and I finished those by Easter. For my harder modules (4/5/6/7) I wrote out notes on A4 pieces of paper with subtitles for different sections, e.g. the development of the periodic table or the different types of bonding.

After I did that, I started more on past papers and practising 6 markers (which they often repeat). To go over the content again, I did mind maps for all the harder modules.

Wow thank you for your great advice :smile:
:smile:
it's always good to go over things ...
i made that post because people wanted me to do.
i have my goals and ambitions and i will achieve them. yes i am in y10 but that makes no difference.
and yes i have heard of burn out, yet if i treat myself well that will be prevented.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad you posted your plan - it looks fantastic!! I can understand why some people would mention burnout but tbh as long as you don't over do it and have time to yourself you'll be absolutely fine :smile:

Well done :smile:
hi i'm new here but in need of motivation for revision! I start tomorrow
P2 Past Papers:
June 2012 Grade A Weaknesses: Elastic, Units forEquations, Friction, Resistance ( Graphs), Stars, RCCB
June 2013 Grade A Weaknesses: Control Rods, Fuses
Jan 2013 Grade A Weaknesses: Stars, Circuits,RCCB,
Jan 2011 Grade A Weaknesses: Circuits
June 2009 Grade A Weaknesses: Forces, Conductor

Notes:
Velocity time graphs
distance time graphs
Weight, mass,gravity
Acceleration Forces
Terminal Velocity
Stopping Distances Forces
Elasticity Power and Momentum
Car Design and Static
Electricity Current and Circuits
Electricity
Stars
Half Life
Atomic Structure
Series & Parralel Circuits
Radioactivity Energy

I also looked at the specification for Physics Unit 2 and highlighted the things I needed to know on my textbook , there was also some 4-6 mark questions which I typed up on a Word Document and I then printed it out. I firstly consolidated my knowledge with my text book finally I did past papers and looked at my weaknesses. I woke up a little late today so I missed an hour of revision because i forgot to set my alarm an hour forward. :s-smilie: I didn't get that much done though
(edited 8 years ago)

Yes! In my early years of high school memorising was all I did. My marks weren't great but when I started to spend time trying to understand the concepts and do further reading to make sure I get the ideas. This worked especially well in sciences, more importantly physics. My physics grade went from a low A to A stars by year 10. I was getting over 46 in physics out of 60 (which could get 100% UMS in many years).
Understanding is more important than memorising.
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Yes! In my early years of high school memorising was all I did. My marks weren't great but when I started to spend time trying to understand the concepts and do further reading to make sure I get the ideas. This worked especially well in sciences, more importantly physics. My physics grade went from a low A to A stars by year 10. I was getting over 46 in physics out of 60 (which could get 100% UMS in many years).
Understanding is more important than memorising.

yeah I completely agree - I do try to understand it rather than just memorise. the concepts which I have understood have stuck in my brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brainzistheword
I'm glad you posted your plan - it looks fantastic!! I can understand why some people would mention burnout but tbh as long as you don't over do it and have time to yourself you'll be absolutely fine :smile:

Well done :smile:

yeah, burning out is probably the biggest fear of mine! i am aware that sometimes my behaviour does put me on the road to burning out, but i guess it's about changing that before it is too late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ladybird29
hi i'm new here but in need of motivation for revision! I start tomorrow

Good luck with all your revision and welcome (thanks for reading my blog :smile:)

If you ever need help let me know :biggrin:

And always remember why you are studying and what you want to achieve
[QUOTE=brainzistheword;63709901]Good luck with all your revision and welcome (thanks for reading my blog :smile:)

Thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Good luck with all your revision and welcome (thanks for reading my blog :smile:)

Hey,
how comes you didn't update yesterday?! Is something wrong?
How do you guys make your revision timetables?
Hey,
how comes you didn't update yesterday?! Is something wrong?

Oh yeah damn I forgot because I went to bed early :s-smilie: :biggrin:
I'll do it now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending